• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Breaking Out of My Comfort Zone: Fun with Mary Jane Croc's!

In summary, the shoes are called "Croc's", are very comfortable, and can be decorated with different items such as chef hats and whisks.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
We were discussing these shoes on a thread about conference...when they first came out I thought to myself "I would NEVER wear those!" (Thinking they are way too "loud" for me...I am very conservative.)

I have really been trying to step outside of my comfort zone recently and changed up my shows dramatically to make them FUN and I decided that I wanted some of those shoes since they are supposed to be soooooo comfy! Normally, I would have chosen a very subdued color, as to not draw attention to myself. So, this afternoon, I went and bought a pair of HOT PINK Mary Jane Croc's...along with a bright purple daisy to decorate them! I know some may freak out at this...but I plan on wearing them at conference! I want to be a more fun person than I have been for the past 35 years!

I also found a site that sells the Jibbitz to decorate them and they have CHEF'S HATS and WHISKS!!! If these are as comfy as I think they will be, I will be ordering a different style and some of the chef's hats and whisks to decorate them! (BTW, that site is SurfandDirt.com)

I know there are some of you on this board that are pretty "boring" people like me and who are really trying to break out of your shells. Go for it! It's fun!:p

I've been wearing Crocs for almost a year now. I waitress at my family's restaurant, and these are the only shoes that are comfortable and don't make my feet hurt after a 12 hour shift. I also have the hot pink ones. They may not be the most stylish shoes ever, but they're comfy and fun.

Do they fit true to size? I've thought about getting a pair of the "real ones". I had gotten a cheap pair from Wally world, but they weren't all that comfy. Definetly not to wear all day.

I hate ordering shoes online, because they never fit right.

TIA

I would try them on in a store, because I had to try on a few sizes to determine which ones fit best. I've tried on knockoffs from walmart and payless before, but they were nowhere near as comfortable.

I normally wear a 7.5 or 8 and I got an 8 (they only come in full sizes)

Plus, they are supposed to be slightly big on you. They don't "fit" like a normal shoe would.

If you go to Zappos.com you can order there with FREE SHIPPING and FREE RETURN SHIPPING

If you go to Crocs.com you can print out a paper that you place your foot on to determine what size you should order!

Or, you can be like me and go to a store to try them on...now that I know my size in them I can order online if I want to!

Cool. Thanks guys. I'll let ya know what I come up with.

I just wandered over to that site to check it out, since you mentioned mary janes. I haven't seen those before, but they're adorable! I have the original slip on ones with the holes. These ones are sooo much cuter!

Okay, so the picture I was looking at was actually the prima crocs, kind of like ballet flats. But the mary janes are really cute too!

I just got a pair and I LOVE them. I had the knocks off and these are so much better. I will be getting a second pair.

I have the Cayman (I think) and the Mary Janes. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the Mary Janes! You know what I'll be wearing in San Fran! I'll probably be sporting my MJs at Conference, too.

I have been wanting a pair, but my neighbor has every color in the book and my husband makes fun of them on her.

He would hate seeing them me! Maybe I should get them just for that!!LOL!!:p

My sister is a nurse and loves wearing them to work, very comfy she says.

Kelly

I think I am going to try a pair of the primas and maybe some originals too from Zappos.com, then I can always return them and I get them overnighted for free! nice!

After our next pay, I think I will be ordering the "Niles". I like that you can see my toes through those...I have cute toes!

LOL - I just bought pink ones on Monday!!! I need to get some of the chef jibbits!!!

I saw these ALL over in Boulder, CO when I was there this past Fall and wasn't sure if I was sold on them or not.....and how could they be SO comfy, but I have definitely thought about it!

I want the chef's hat & whisk jibbitz but they charge $6 for shipping!!!!
I have to get to the mall and see if I can find them cheaper.

jenniferknapp said:
I saw these ALL over in Boulder, CO when I was there this past Fall and wasn't sure if I was sold on them or not.....and how could they be SO comfy, but I have definitely thought about it!

It took me a while to be OK with them. Last year at NC I ended up wearing my sneakers with my biz clothes al week cuz my feet were killing. DH was in Chi-town with me and was going to go to Sports Authority and p/u a pair of Crocs for me but I was feeling cheap. A few months ago Mom bought me a khaki pair but they were one size too big. So this week I finally exchanged them for my new pink ones!! They are crazy-comfy...I LOVE them!!

dannyzmom said:
I want the chef's hat & whisk jibbitz but they charge $6 for shipping!!!!
I have to get to the mall and see if I can find them cheaper.
Yea, I didn't want to pay that much just for the jibbitz. But, on a positive note, that is their total shipping price, no matter what you order. So, if you need another pair of shoes and then add on the jibbitz it's not so much!

The place I purchased my Crocs yesterday had quite a selection of Jibbitz, but no chef items!

If you find them at a national store, will you let us all know?

Thanks!

I have a pair, but unfortunately they aren't as comfortable as I thought they would be. They are light weight, etc., but I have heel spurs and a very high arch. They just don't give me enough arch support. I'm so jealous of people who don't have problems w/their feet:(! My daughter has now stolen them from me!

Another site to find the jibbitz is http://www1.jibbitz.com/

I haven't ordered from them but it looks like their shipping might be less.

I LOVE crocs! I made fun of them when they came out but after I bought my first pair I think I have about 3 now. My little boy LOVES them. Some days you have to fight to get him to wear anything else. I have bought him all kinds of those jizbits to put in his. A local store has them so I do not have to pay for shipping. I have seen the Mary Jane ones and have been considering buying them.

I have a pair I bought for gardening - I always thought of them as too big and boaty for wear out and about but now that I see all those other styles I plan to find a pair for Nat. Conference if they don't look too huge on my big feet.

pampchefrhondab said:
I have a pair, but unfortunately they aren't as comfortable as I thought they would be. They are light weight, etc., but I have heel spurs and a very high arch. They just don't give me enough arch support. I'm so jealous of people who don't have problems w/their feet:(! My daughter has now stolen them from me!
If you look at the crocks.com web site, they have something called CrocksRX, made especially for people who have foot and heel conditions. Like shoes made for diabetics, and other shoes that are more comfortable than traditional crocks.

BethCooks4U said:
Another site to find the jibbitz is http://www1.jibbitz.com/

I haven't ordered from them but it looks like their shipping might be less.
Yep...I looked there today and put 3 jibbitz in my "shopping cart" and only had $3 in shipping come up! Plus, they have the chefs hat and whisk there!

I also did a search for them and Dick's sporting goods came up as a vendor in my area. I would assume if one Dick's carried them, they would be in all of their stores accross the country. I am going to check there so I wouldn't be paying any shipping at all!

Just went our to Omega Sports and got a pair of pink Mary Janes and a pink ribbon jibbitz - too cute! They didn't have the chef hat or whisk so I think I'll order them online.

Hey, I have a question. With my original crocs, I slide the heel strap forward and wear them without it. I can't stand having it behind my heel. Anyways, is that possible with the Mary Janes? Does it look silly with the strap forward?

chefbritt said:
Hey, I have a question. With my original crocs, I slide the heel strap forward and wear them without it. I can't stand having it behind my heel. Anyways, is that possible with the Mary Janes? Does it look silly with the strap forward?
I don't like the way they look with the strap forward but you can do it. (First thing I tried.:p )

Are these hot? I find the problem with most shoes is that I feel like my feet can't breath and I'm always sweating. They look really cute and I'm considering getting a pair.

tlennhoff said:
Are these hot? I find the problem with most shoes is that I feel like my feet can't breath and I'm always sweating. They look really cute and I'm considering getting a pair.

Tasha - I have the world's sweatiest, smelliest feet and these are GREAT for me! My feet get to breathe in these!!!

Tasha~

I was concerned about this too...I just couldn't imagine my feet in sticky rubber shoes! Well, whatever they are made out of doesn't seem to make my feet sweat. When I bought them, my feet were hot inside my tennis shoes and it was rather warm outside, so I was warm. I took my shoes and socks off in the car and wore the Crocs home. With the holes on the top, and on the side it seemed like the air was circulating through them the whole time. Not even like an enclosed sandle...WAY cooler than that!

Then, today, it was much colder here (Ohio weather is crazy) so I wore them out with some cool fuzzy purple socks.

I get overheated easily, so I was very worried about that! I don't think it will be a problem at all!

i have the brown mary jane crocs - but i REALLY want a pair of the light pink mary janes...you know, to go with the hwc products! ;) (btw...i love love love them!!)

KellyTheChef said:
If you go to Crocs.com you can print out a paper that you place your foot on to determine what size you should order!

Where, where, where? I couldn't find it. I have hard to fit feet (usually a 9 or 9 1/2 WW or EE) since my foot base is wide AND the top of my food is tall so they pull against each other and make the show pinch, so will probably go into a store to try them on, but I'd love to see what the paper says but couldn't find it.

I just bought a pair of Prima from Zappos.com with free overnight shipping, so they should be here tomorrow! and I think I'm gonna get the cute chef's hats and whisks and maybe a 3rd thing to put in them, as well as I found my college! How cute for homecoming (I'm on the alumni committee)!!!

ivykeep said:
KellyTheChef said:

Where, where, where? I couldn't find it. I have hard to fit feet (usually a 9 or 9 1/2 WW or EE) since my foot base is wide AND the top of my food is tall so they pull against each other and make the show pinch, so will probably go into a store to try them on, but I'd love to see what the paper says but couldn't find it.

Here is the link:
http://www.crocs.com/sizing/sizingchart.pdf

KellyTheChef said:
I printed out that chart and it said I should get an 11! I wear a 9W or a 10M. When I went to try them on I wore a 9 in the Cayman with lots of room and a 10 in the MaryJane (the 9 was just a very little tight and I was going for comfort).

(Caution - TMI) I have bunions and have a LOT of trouble finding shoes I can keep on my feet. Normally I have to take them off as soon as I get in the door. I bought my MaryJanes around noon and didn't even think about taking them off until I went to bed. SOOOOOO comfortable!!

So I ordered my crocs from zappos.com and was so excited to come home from work to have them delivered... well to my surprise, my crocs went to some guy in California and I got his Adidas!!! Now I have to wait to get crocs! I returned the ones I got and am getting my money back. I think I may just go to my REI tomorrow and try them on in person and pick them up so they are in my hands for the weekend!

Ok, you all sold me -- I went out and bought a pair of crocs at Dick's last week (wanted to check the sizes in person before I order anything online). I LOVE them -- thank you, thanks you!!

I did get a small blister where the top rubbed against the top of my foot, but other than that they are great!

ivykeep said:
Ok, you all sold me -- I went out and bought a pair of crocs at Dick's last week (wanted to check the sizes in person before I order anything online). I LOVE them -- thank you, thanks you!!

I did get a small blister where the top rubbed against the top of my foot, but other than that they are great!

Ivy, go to walmart and get some "moleskin", and that will stop blisters from happening. I use them when I wear my motorcycle boots.

I think ya'll have talked me into going and trying them on. I am on my feet all day, and I need to find something really comfy.

Just a mild word of warning. Here in Indiana there have been two recent news stories about Crocs (and their copycats).The first is that, while they are comfortable, podiatrists are warning that they probably aren't the best shoe to wear all day when you're doing lots of walking. They don't have the support and flexibility that you should have if you're, say, visiting a theme park (one of the examples they used.)The second is that these shoes are being banned in some hospitals. It seems that the material of which they are constructed encourages static electricity build-up. Evidently there have been some cases of nurses shorting out equipment because of static shock.Just found this interesting in light of the current discussion.

I have a pair of Airwalks (Payless version) - paid only $9.99. They are the sandal version because the "croc"-like style wasn't comfortable and didn't fit right, the sandal-style fit me perfectly and is comfortable. However, I can NEVER wear them at work. I go in and out of our warehouse numerous times a day and have to have my feet covered. However, they are GREAT for out and about town on the weekends and camp.

As for support, my husband and a friend have to have inserts and these don't work for them.

Some facts:
Crocs are made of PCCR, a closed-cell material that virtually eliminates odour. No-one will clear a room with smelly feet if they are wearing a pair of Crocs. The material also discourages sweating, making Crocs even more comfortable.

Read both pages of this article from WebMD - they mention some positives and negatives:

http://diabetes.webmd.com/features/crocs-healthy-shoes-just-comfy?page=1

I actually think the Airwalks you buy at Payless are more comfortable that the actual "Crocs" and way cheaper. My 3 yr old son wears his all the time!!! You can stand all day in them and your feet never hurt.

I bought a pair today!! I got the coral-pink sort of color... it was perfect, I had a gift certificate from christmas that I hadn't used, so they cost me $6 :)

I saw that Jibbitz lady on Oprah a while back. Most of those little dealies she is snapping in the holes you guys can get from a Hobby Lobby or other crafty store. That's all she did!! Don't spend a whole lot of money that is so easily duplicatible.

I'm glad you guys are loving your shoes!! :) (Personally, I think they are hideous, but if they are comfortable...Go For It!)

BethCooks4U said:
I have a pair I bought for gardening - I always thought of them as too big and boaty for wear out and about but now that I see all those other styles I plan to find a pair for Nat. Conference if they don't look too huge on my big feet.

That's what I'm worried about too. I have big feet & don't like most shoes & how they look on me!!

kimmers said:
Ivy, go to walmart and get some "moleskin", and that will stop blisters from happening. I use them when I wear my motorcycle boots.

I think ya'll have talked me into going and trying them on. I am on my feet all day, and I need to find something really comfy.

What's moleskin?

I was going to wait until end of all posts....OUr hospital actually sells these and I thought they were only for the OR!! LOL I didn't realize reg people wore them too!! They're sold as Crocs!!!

possibly even on our E-store...valleybaptist.net

you should find there :); not for you Rae but for those interested.

raebates said:
Just a mild word of warning. Here in Indiana there have been two recent news stories about Crocs (and their copycats).

The first is that, while they are comfortable, podiatrists are warning that they probably aren't the best shoe to wear all day when you're doing lots of walking. They don't have the support and flexibility that you should have if you're, say, visiting a theme park (one of the examples they used.)

The second is that these shoes are being banned in some hospitals. It seems that the material of which they are constructed encourages static electricity build-up. Evidently there have been some cases of nurses shorting out equipment because of static shock.

Just found this interesting in light of the current discussion.

Ok, so I caved and ordered a pair. They only sell the RX through their website or that is the only place I could find them. I would love to get jibbitz for them, but can't justify it with what I just paid for the shoes! I am usually a $10 walmart shoe gal. I saw the post about the hobby lobby thing, but I am not very crafty. Do they go in the holes of the shoes or are they like stickers?

krzymomof4 said:
Ok, so I caved and ordered a pair. They only sell the RX through their website or that is the only place I could find them. I would love to get jibbitz for them, but can't justify it with what I just paid for the shoes! I am usually a $10 walmart shoe gal. I saw the post about the hobby lobby thing, but I am not very crafty. Do they go in the holes of the shoes or are they like stickers?
They go in th eholes

kcjodih said:
What's moleskin?
I don't know what that is, but NuSkin goes on sorta like clear nail polish and protects your blisters or prevents you from getting them. Maybe its the same thing?

Moleskin is a flesh colored cloth-like patch (kind of a fuzzy texture) you put right over a blister. It sticks right to the skin without tape. I really works well when there is a pressure point. It is not mnedicated, it's a padding.

<h2>1. Are Mary Jane Croc's really that comfortable?</h2><p>Yes, Mary Jane Croc's are known for their comfort and support. Many people who have worn them rave about how comfortable they are, especially for long periods of standing or walking.</p><h2>2. How do I know which size to buy?</h2><p>It is recommended to try on a few different sizes to find the best fit for you. If you are purchasing online, make sure to check the size chart and read reviews from others who have bought the same size.</p><h2>3. Can I decorate my Mary Jane Croc's?</h2><p>Yes, you can decorate your Mary Jane Croc's with Jibbitz or other accessories. There are many websites that sell decorative items specifically made for Croc's, so you can add your own personal touch to your shoes.</p><h2>4. Are these shoes appropriate for a more conservative person?</h2><p>Yes, while Mary Jane Croc's may come in bright colors and have unique designs, they also come in more neutral and subtle colors that can fit a conservative style. Plus, with the option to decorate them, you can make them as bold or as low-key as you want.</p><h2>5. Is it worth stepping out of my comfort zone to try these shoes?</h2><p>That is ultimately up to you, but many people who have tried Mary Jane Croc's have found them to be comfortable, fun, and a great way to express their personality. It's always worth trying new things and breaking out of your comfort zone, especially if it brings you joy and happiness.</p>

1. Are Mary Jane Croc's really that comfortable?

Yes, Mary Jane Croc's are known for their comfort and support. Many people who have worn them rave about how comfortable they are, especially for long periods of standing or walking.

2. How do I know which size to buy?

It is recommended to try on a few different sizes to find the best fit for you. If you are purchasing online, make sure to check the size chart and read reviews from others who have bought the same size.

3. Can I decorate my Mary Jane Croc's?

Yes, you can decorate your Mary Jane Croc's with Jibbitz or other accessories. There are many websites that sell decorative items specifically made for Croc's, so you can add your own personal touch to your shoes.

4. Are these shoes appropriate for a more conservative person?

Yes, while Mary Jane Croc's may come in bright colors and have unique designs, they also come in more neutral and subtle colors that can fit a conservative style. Plus, with the option to decorate them, you can make them as bold or as low-key as you want.

5. Is it worth stepping out of my comfort zone to try these shoes?

That is ultimately up to you, but many people who have tried Mary Jane Croc's have found them to be comfortable, fun, and a great way to express their personality. It's always worth trying new things and breaking out of your comfort zone, especially if it brings you joy and happiness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sharon LeClair
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Deb Vines
Replies
Views
Kim1711
Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef