• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stepping Out of My Comfort Zone: My Journey to Starting a New Business

In summary, Heather is a successful realtor who is looking for new ways to promote her business. She contacted a fundraiser, made a contact, and is looking for ways to improve her marketing.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
Ok..i want this to work. I want it bad. I am willing to step out of my comfort zone...

So, today ...

1. I hung up 2 flyers in 2 different apartment complexes nearby.
2. I called my realtor who sold us our home 2 months ago...I asked her if she was familiar with PC..she then told me how a friend over the 4th holiday was telling her how she needed to buy some stoneware, I asked if her friend sold PC, and she said no..and so I told her how I'd love to bring her a catalog....and how i'm trying to get my business started here in a new area. She then gave me 4 leads of places I could take my catalogs ( the bank we worked w/, the title company we worked with, and she said I could bring several to her office as well..) then I asked if she'd want to have a cooking/catalog show..and she said she'd be willing to do a catalog show, and I told her about the benefits, and that she could get her stone she wants for free along with other great things...and so...I'm excited!
3. I made a contact for a fundraiser..but the person I needed to contact wasn't available..but in a meeting..

My heart kind of got antzy, as i was waiting to hear the phone ring, but I did it..I just made 2 phone calls that i DIDN"T want to make..but I did want to make..

slowly.....

Way to go, Heather!

smilesarepriceless said:
Ok..i want this to work. I want it bad. I am willing to step out of my comfort zone...

So, today ...

1. I hung up 2 flyers in 2 different apartment complexes nearby.
2. I called my realtor who sold us our home 2 months ago...I asked her if she was familiar with PC..she then told me how a friend over the 4th holiday was telling her how she needed to buy some stoneware, I asked if her friend sold PC, and she said no..and so I told her how I'd love to bring her a catalog....and how i'm trying to get my business started here in a new area. She then gave me 4 leads of places I could take my catalogs ( the bank we worked w/, the title company we worked with, and she said I could bring several to her office as well..) then I asked if she'd want to have a cooking/catalog show..and she said she'd be willing to do a catalog show, and I told her about the benefits, and that she could get her stone she wants for free along with other great things...and so...I'm excited!
3. I made a contact for a fundraiser..but the person I needed to contact wasn't available..but in a meeting..

My heart kind of got antzy, as i was waiting to hear the phone ring, but I did it..I just made 2 phone calls that i DIDN"T want to make..but I did want to make..

slowly.....

Heather - what an incredible lead w/ your realtor! It only takes one show to turn your business around!
Great job getting on the phone and making those calls!

Also - do a search for realtor - there are alot of great ideas on here for working w/ realtors.....and gift set ideas for realtors to give to clients.....

Way to go, Heather! Now I need to follow your lead & get on the phone, too!

That is great News!! Good for you for putting yourself out there.

Excellent, Heather! Keep doing what you are doing and you will have a great summer and fall! Remember that you rarely reap and sow in the same season ... they tell us what we do today impacts our business 90 days from now.

Hi Heather,

When I'm done reviewing the host benefits with a catalog hosts, I let her know that while I'm thrilled to be supporting her with a catalog show....in truth, hosts generally receive much more free product at a cooking show since it gives people the opportunity to see our tools in person. I then ask her if she's sure she wouldn't like to have an evening with her friends where I do the cooking...and she receives great kitchen tools.

I'd say about half my catalog show hosts change their mind and decide to host a cooking show (and go for higher sales) instead. Just thought I'd share in case this might help you. :)

Kris

Heather, first, congratulations on your success as noted in your local newspaper!!!

Second, keep picking up the phone....think of it as fishing!! I never cared for fishing because the girlie girl in me thought it was yucky and slimey but the main reason is that results were not as quick as I wanted. And if I did get good results, it was just a lame ole little stinking common fish!!! (Hmmmm and I think it is just others in my family that have the patience of a dead nat!!!:rolleyes:) I'm not sure what kind of fish if I was expecting but I just remember being bored when the results didn't come when "I" wanted them to!!

I usually tell new consultants to get their first six shows on their calendar....and then start working on getting the next six shows! Also, getting the connection with your realtor is an excellent idea. Making connections and building relationships...that is what it is all about. With your beautiful smile...you will certainly be someone that will attract people to book parties with you!

For me, it isn't the higher sales I'm personally concerned about (though I do like giving away free stuff), but the potential bookings that come with a cooking show.

(Sorry left that part off my post...it's almost midnight here and I'm brain-fried)

legacypc46 said:
For me, it isn't the higher sales I'm personally concerned about (though I do like giving away free stuff), but the potential bookings that come with a cooking show.

(Sorry left that part off my post...it's almost midnight here and I'm brain-fried)

It's all good...recruit leads, bookings, higher sales, bigger commission checks, etc., etc.!!!:)

oh, don't get me wrong: i do like the higher commission checks too :)

Way to go! That's not working hard, it's working smart. Big difference.

Thanks all! And...to top it off, about an hour after my original post, I had made some yummy homemade spinach dip, and had LOADS of it ( and DH doesn't eat it) so I carried it over a friendly neighbor who had brought me african violets as a moving in present about 1 mth ago..and told her that I had some spinach dip and crackers I wanted to share with her..
( she happenned to be having a dinner party too tonight in about 1 hour..so she was thrilled to add the dip to her 'food' for the evening..

Then i said to her, " I just signed up to be a Pampered Chef Consultant' and plan to have an open house in a few weeks, would she mind if I got her an official invite as soon as I get the date.."

She said "sure..that's great..and Misty ( the neighbor next to her) would come too I'm sure..I'll tell her also."!

The day has been great...

Gotta keep my momentum :> :>

Thanks guys!

Way to go Heather! I know how hard it is to pick up that phone and how rewarding it is when I actually do it! I love reading other people's stories, as they let me know that I am not alone and if you can do it, so can i! So thanks and congrats! Keep it up!

smilesarepriceless said:
I called my realtor who sold us our home 2 months ago...

slowly.....
Awesome job Heather! :cool: I am doing an expo for realtors in September here in Phoenix... you may want to do a google search for realtor's associations in your area!?! You could advertise in their newsletters, etc. I'm really hoping this lead avenue will turn into somthing somewhat steady for my business.

And congrats on picking up the phone! My heart thumps out of my chest everytime I have to pick it up too. I HATE the phone! Glad to know I'm not alone... is there a 12 step program for that?:D

Great job. I just started contacting realtors in my area too... keeping my fingers crossed!!

1. What inspired you to step out of your comfort zone and start a new business?

After working in the corporate world for over a decade, I realized that I wanted to pursue my passion for cooking and sharing it with others. I also craved the challenge and independence of running my own business. So I took a leap of faith and left my comfortable job to start my own Pampered Chef business.

2. What were some challenges you faced when starting your new business?

One of the biggest challenges I faced was learning to manage my time and prioritize tasks effectively. As a new business owner, I had to wear many hats and juggle various responsibilities, from marketing to bookkeeping. It was also a learning curve to establish a customer base and build relationships with clients.

3. How did you overcome any fears or doubts about starting a new business?

I reminded myself of my passion for cooking and connecting with others, which was the driving force behind my decision to start this business. I also sought support from friends, family, and other entrepreneurs who had gone through a similar journey. Their encouragement and advice helped me push through any fears or doubts.

4. How did your Pampered Chef training and resources help you in your journey as a new business owner?

Pampered Chef provides comprehensive training and resources for its consultants, including product knowledge, sales techniques, and marketing strategies. This was invaluable in helping me establish a strong foundation for my business. I also received ongoing support from my team leader and fellow consultants, who shared their experiences and tips with me.

5. What advice do you have for others looking to step out of their comfort zone and start a new business?

My advice would be to first identify your passion and determine if there is a market for it. Then, do your research and create a solid business plan. It's also important to surround yourself with a supportive network and be open to learning and adapting as you go. And most importantly, believe in yourself and your abilities to succeed as a new business owner.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kim1711
  • smspamperedchef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
smspamperedchef
Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef