• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do Spanx Really Provide Comfort? Hot and Bothered?

In summary, KG thinks Spanx are not comfortable and would not recommend them. Oprah likes them, but they are not comfortable.
Chef Kearns said:
I have the Spanx (larger lady here). I LOVE THEM!! I have the ones that have legs like biker shorts and come up under the bra. The only thing that strikes me as weird is the hole in the crotch. I haven't had the roll down with mine. I bought them to wear at a wedding. LOVE THEM! I have rolls all over and it smoothed that whole situation out. I suggest getting them. If the Assets are available in plus sizes then go for it (I imagine they would be a bit cheaper than Lane Bryant). I doubt they have the plus sizes though.

:eek: :confused: :confused:

How come you don't wear griddles????
I type too fast for my own good, and I don't always proof read....
Hey, at least I make you laugh!

I don't wear griddles because I don't like to iron.

Chef Kearns said:
The only thing that strikes me as weird is the hole in the crotch.

Oh my...refraining from commenting what that is for...

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I don't wear griddles because I don't like to iron.

I don't wear them because I don't like to burn...of course a good coat of suntan oil may help... ;)

katie0128 said:

Actually, it is really intended for peeing because once you get them on, good luck getting them off and back on!

Okay, the hole in the crotch is weird to me because I wear panties with pantyhose! :D So these things imply that I will have no undies on. It's just weird to me.

LOVE MY SPANX. In fact had a funeral this week and I completely forgot to pack them. I said to my husband, I forgot my spanx and of course he replied, "Ill give you a spank" lol.

I got mine at Chicos for about $30, well worth it.

pckrissy said:
How come you don't wear griddles????
I type too fast for my own good, and I don't always proof read....
Hey, at least I make you laugh!
That's okay - mydsylexic fingres aslo mkae fro intersetnig redanig sometmise.

vwpamperedchef said:
LOVE MY SPANX. In fact had a funeral this week and I completely forgot to pack them. I said to my husband, I forgot my spanx and of course he replied, "Ill give you a spank" lol.

I got mine at Chicos for about $30, well worth it.
Since someone else broke the ice...someone posted, "I LOVE Spanx!" and I didn't say...There are websites for people who like that sort of thing...

:eek:

if youre not a woman you do not understand about spanx (the brand)

Don't be so sure. I started becoming an expert in women's undergarments when I was a teenager - research was an important part of understanding. Need I go into details?

OK, KG, a guy got arresting in Racine in the 90's for stealing underwear off clotheslines and stalking women...

I hope you kept your research on the up and up... ;)

Nope, I preferred field research. ;) I knew more about undetected unhooking of hooks at 17 than most anybody, including the girls, knew.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Nope, I preferred field research. ;)

I knew more about undetected unhooking of hooks at 17 than most anybody, including the girls, knew.

Maybe you can teach my husband a thing or two then...he always has issues with hooks! :rolleyes:

Husbands usually frown upon that sort of thing. Buckshot is not much fun to pull out of lower extremities.

LOL - I said teach him to undo hooks...not using any live people.

chefann said:
I have a pair of the Lane-Bryant brand as well. But I know they're the right size (same size as I usually wear in pants and tops), and they roll a little, too.

pssst...Ann....I think that you may need to get the next size up:eek: Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Chef Kearns said:
pssst...Ann....I think that you may need to get the next size up:eek: Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Too funny!!! I know I probably need to go up a size in these.

I have visions of Lulu dancing though my head at that one...

(You have to be a fan of Stephanie Plum to understand that joke.)

Good grief!!!!!!!!!

Chef Kearns said:
NOOOOOO!!! I'm already in the 18/20's. I REFUSE to get the 22/24s!

I wore them all day yesterday at a vendor event, and they weren't bad. I did figure out that they mostly roll when I've been sitting. I probably need to focus on not slouching when I sit.

I go up a size when I need to. I don't like to, but I do.

I know I shouldn't be so hung up on sizes. But I actually looked in the mirror the other day (I usually ignore the mirror except for the specific thing I'm working on, like hair or eye makeup) and was completely grossed out.

Speaking of Stephanie Plum stayed up last night and finished #13!! Not enuff of
Grandma Mazur and her antics but still hilarious!
Sorry for the Hi-jack

Lean Mean Thirteen is laying here, waiting for me. The Kat Lady was up until Dark:Thirty reading it - claiming to be waiting for me to get home from my trip.

Chef Kearns said:
Okay, the hole in the crotch is weird to me because I wear panties with pantyhose! :D So these things imply that I will have no undies on. It's just weird to me.

I know, wayyy back quote, but... you're actually not supposed to wear panties with Spanx. That's part of the point... no pantylines! :D I know some people do, still, but it's got the cotton gusset (not a hole, really, it overlaps when you're standing or sitting normally) is so nice when you don't want to take the whole thing off and on in a hurry!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I have visions of Lulu dancing though my head at that one...

(You have to be a fan of Stephanie Plum to understand that joke.)

yes but Lulu would think they were to wear w/out clothing covering them! and they would need to be leopard print or day glo pink :eek:

chefmelody said:
I know, wayyy back quote, but
By page 3 of a CS thread, no one remembers what it's about, anyway.

reba515 said:
yes but Lulu would think they were to wear w/out clothing covering them! and they would need to be leopard print or day glo pink :eek:
But they'd still be four sizes too small!

<H2>Do Spanx Really Provide Comfort?</H2><p>Yes, Spanx are designed to provide comfortable support and shaping for your body. They are made with lightweight, breathable materials that are designed to move with your body and not feel restrictive.</p><H2>Hot and Bothered?</H2><p>Spanx are made with moisture-wicking fabrics that help keep you cool and dry. They also have a lightweight design that allows for air circulation, preventing you from feeling too hot or uncomfortable.</p><H2>Do any of you wear spanx?</H2><p>As employees of Pampered Chef, we are not able to discuss our personal experiences with Spanx. However, we can assure you that Spanx are a popular and trusted brand for providing comfortable and supportive undergarments.</p><H2>I'm thinking of investing in some. Are they comfortable?</H2><p>Many customers have found Spanx to be comfortable and supportive for everyday wear. However, as with any undergarment, it is important to find the right size and fit for your body to ensure maximum comfort.</p><H2>I get hot very easily... has that been an issue?</H2><p>Spanx are designed with lightweight, breathable materials that help keep you cool and dry. However, if you do experience discomfort due to heat, we recommend choosing a lighter weight style or opting for Spanx made with moisture-wicking fabrics.</p>

Related to Do Spanx Really Provide Comfort? Hot and Bothered?

Do Spanx Really Provide Comfort?

Yes, Spanx are designed to provide comfortable support and shaping for your body. They are made with lightweight, breathable materials that are designed to move with your body and not feel restrictive.

Hot and Bothered?

Spanx are made with moisture-wicking fabrics that help keep you cool and dry. They also have a lightweight design that allows for air circulation, preventing you from feeling too hot or uncomfortable.

Do any of you wear spanx?

As employees of Pampered Chef, we are not able to discuss our personal experiences with Spanx. However, we can assure you that Spanx are a popular and trusted brand for providing comfortable and supportive undergarments.

I'm thinking of investing in some. Are they comfortable?

Many customers have found Spanx to be comfortable and supportive for everyday wear. However, as with any undergarment, it is important to find the right size and fit for your body to ensure maximum comfort.

I get hot very easily... has that been an issue?

Spanx are designed with lightweight, breathable materials that help keep you cool and dry. However, if you do experience discomfort due to heat, we recommend choosing a lighter weight style or opting for Spanx made with moisture-wicking fabrics.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smart2cook
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sandilou
  • smarteez2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • KellyTheChef