• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Your Fundraiser: Tips and Strategies for Successful Results

In summary, a fundraiser is being planned for an organization spread out over 5 states in the Northeast. The structure includes a month-long event with a main show chaired by the organizer and mini-shows hosted by volunteers. The benefits for hosting a mini-show include free shipping, a reduced shipping fee for customers, and the ability to select a host special. It is recommended to set a realistic minimum threshold for each mini-show and offer incentives for top performers. Consider offering free shipping for all orders over a certain amount and clearly communicate shipping fees for all participants.
Epicurious
Hi everyone,

I was hoping to get some good advice on doing a fundraiser for my organization that is spread out over 5 states in the Northeast. I am donating all of my commission, so the organization will get 30% total.

This is originally how I was thinking of structuring it:

Run it for the month of July. I will chair the main show for tracking purposes and management of ordering. I was thinking along the lines of asking for volunteers to chair ‘mini-shows’ if they have a minimum threshold of sales (I thought $250, maybe it should be higher). Although it is more work for me, the benefits to chairing a show would be 3 fold and might inspire people to collect other orders besides their own personal ones:

1. That host would get free shipping on her order
2. Anyone that orders from her would pay only $4.00 flat fee for shipping
3. She could select one of the host specials (I’ve attached the July Host special form)

The more I poke around this site (I've only ever done two shows, and I'm still in my first 30 days), I see that my logic might be flawed, especially when it comes to the shipping benefits. Am I to understand everybody will pay full shipping charges?

Can someone help me out here, please? What is the best way to structure this. I do have a website.

thanks,
-s

Last edited:
unshineHi sunshine,It sounds like you have a great idea for a fundraiser! It's always wonderful to see people using their skills and resources to help organizations in need. As for your structure, I think it's a good start, but there are a few things to consider.First, it might be beneficial to have a minimum threshold for each mini-show, but make sure it's a realistic number that people can achieve. You want to encourage participation, not discourage it. Also, consider offering some sort of incentive or prize for the top performing mini-show host. This could motivate people to really push for sales.Secondly, I would recommend offering free shipping for all orders over a certain amount, rather than just for the mini-show host. This will encourage people to place larger orders and help increase the overall donation amount for your organization.Lastly, make sure to clarify the shipping fees for everyone involved. If there are any discrepancies, it could cause confusion and frustration for participants.Overall, it seems like you have a solid plan in place. Just make sure to communicate clearly and offer incentives to keep people motivated. Good luck with your fundraiser!

ally

Hi Sally,

Thank you for considering Pampered Chef for your fundraiser! It's great that you are willing to donate all of your commission to the organization, that will make a big impact.

To answer your question about shipping, it is correct that everyone will pay full shipping charges. However, you can still offer the benefits you mentioned to the chairs of the mini-shows. One way to structure it could be to have a tiered system for the chairs based on the total sales from their show. For example, if their show reaches $500 in sales, they would receive free shipping on their order. If it reaches $1000, they would receive free shipping and the host special. This way, the chairs are incentivized to collect more orders and reach those goals.

Another suggestion would be to have a kickoff event for the fundraiser, where you can explain the details and benefits of hosting a mini-show. This could help generate more interest and participation from volunteers. As for the length of the fundraiser, I would recommend extending it to at least 2 months to give enough time for orders to be collected and processed.

I hope this helps and good luck with your fundraiser! Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions.

Best,

Pampered Chef Consultant

1. What is "My First Fundraiser"?

"My First Fundraiser" is a program offered by Pampered Chef that allows individuals or groups to raise money for a cause by selling our high-quality kitchen products.

2. How does the fundraiser work?

Once you sign up for "My First Fundraiser", you will receive a customizable online storefront. You can then share the link with your friends, family, and community. They can purchase products through the storefront, and a portion of the sales will go towards your cause.

3. How much money can I raise through "My First Fundraiser"?

The amount of money you can raise depends on the number of sales made through your storefront. On average, our fundraisers raise $300-$500, but some have raised over $1000.

4. What type of products can be purchased through the fundraiser?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of kitchen products, including cookware, bakeware, kitchen tools, and pantry items. Your supporters can choose from our entire product catalog when making a purchase through your storefront.

5. Is there a cost to participate in "My First Fundraiser"?

No, there is no cost to participate in "My First Fundraiser". We want to make it as easy as possible for you to raise money for your cause, so there are no upfront fees or expenses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
lovecookn
Replies
Views
katem51
Replies
Views