• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Success: The Power of Momentum Makers and Breakers

well, forever. I get that people are entitled to their own opinions, but I find it discouraging that people who claim to be intelligent and worldly can't see that he's done a lot for this country.
DebPC
Staff member
Success in a NutshellMomentum Makers
1. Commitment
2. Dreams
3. Faith
4. Actions
5. Focus

Momentum Breakers
1. Indecision
2. Fear
3. Procrastination
4. Distractions
5. Obstacles

In these early days of the process which presidential candidate do you like so far?
For the dems I like Biden or Hillary. For republicans I like Rudy or Romney.

Don't forget, there is a republican debate tonight on MSNBC!

I haven't made up my mind yet. I know for sure that I do not like one candidate, but otherwise I have no clue. I guess I better start paying attention.

I want Mike Huckabee!!!

I know who I won't vote for but she will remain nameless.............

I agree erin...too funny

shawnna said:
I agree erin...too funny

Ditto here - one round of that family was enough for me! :yuck:

janetupnorth said:
Ditto here - one round of that family was enough for me! :yuck:

What was wrong with the Clintons? We had good economy and foreign relations.

I don't know if this is a good topic. We will just all need to agree to disagree. The Clintons...where do I begin...How about with our military. The vets do not like them for there stand on things. She bashed our soldiers and then when she decided she might run...we all knew she was going to...she changed her toon and was suddenly in love with them. I happen to be Pro-Life and she bashes Pro-Lifers. Their own state was happy to be rid of them. My husband resigned his commission and exited the military because President Clinton was in charge....along with many other military men and women. I have a lot of personal beliefs that they bash. I personally think they are all for silencing Christian people. There are many other reasons...a lot of them have to do with the military. And, the things that are happening now in Iraq could have been avoided had President Clinton taken a stand for his country when he was in office. And besides...she was already President once, she just wasn't official.

We have never really had good foreign relations. America is blessed and everyone else wants what we have. They come here because we have such wonderful freedoms and blessings, but then when they get here they want to start changing our country to what their country was. I personally believe that Americans had better wake up and start taking a stand for what our country was founded on. If not we will be what every one comes here to get away from.
The economy runs in cycles. Every so many years it goes up or down. It doesn't matter who is in the White House.

Well, I'll get of my soap box now. Like I said, we will just have to agree to disagree.

Does anyone else actually dread the thought that we have to go through this again? I'm getting to really hate elections because of all of the diversions, mud-slinging, back-peddling, etc. I know that I'm going to need to suck it up and read into all of these crazy people's ideas and proposals, but I really hate it!

Attachments

• There are so many uses for our Roasting Pan Here are some.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 282
    21.5 KB · Views: 250
    21.5 KB · Views: 257
katie0128 said:
Does anyone else actually dread the thought that we have to go through this again? I'm getting to really hate elections because of all of the diversions, mud-slinging, back-peddling, etc. I know that I'm going to need to suck it up and read into all of these crazy people's ideas and proposals, but I really hate it!

Yeha politics are sometimes annoying, but I do like hearing about ideas and solutions to problems.

Attachments

• July 2007 cluster news doce.doc
    56 KB · Views: 173
    56 KB · Views: 164
    56 KB · Views: 162
I do not like any of them running. I presonally think we will be in a sad state no matter who gets it, I do think one candidate is A LOT worse than the others but I do not like any of them. I would like Fred Thompson ( i think) but he came in at such a late time I do not know if he has a chance.

jrstephens said:
I do not like any of them running. I presonally think we will be in a sad state no matter who gets it, I do think one candidate is A LOT worse than the others but I do not like any of them. I would like Fred Thompson ( i think) but he came in at such a late time I do not know if he has a chance.
Fred Thompson would get my vote, too. I'll take whichever Democrat has the least chance of winning.

I pick Rudy.
I agree w/ the other post about the Clintons, personally. My DH was in the marines in Somalia during Blackhawk Down and they gave him and his guys a rifle w/ no ammo! Also, DH enlisted for a certain job, but when BC took office they cut the military funding and he got assigned something totally different.
I think it's interesting how "people" have bashed GB for his Vietnam experience, while BC dodged the draft and didn't even serve! How can a draftdodger be Commander in Chief??
Again, just my opinion, but since the topic has presented itself...

I totally agree chefsteph. That is why my husband got out of the military. He said "how can we respect a draftdodger and how can he be Commander in Chief. He doesn't have a clue". My husband was not a full timer. He was however in the Reserves for 17 years. He went through ROTC and then on to officer training in Fort Benning Georgia. He loved the military...he chose Infantry for his occupation. His unit was called several times during Desert Storm, but he never had to go...they said his unit had too many officers and it would cost too much. He was more than willing to go but I was glad he didn't. We had a new baby and a new poultry farm. Is your husband still in the military? Is he state side? I am very proud of our military men and women.

Okay, back to the original topic. Sorry to hijack.

No, he is not serving ..did his 8 yrs and got out..couldn't take BC anymore! My stepson, however, is in the Young Marines program here at our local Marine station and he serves one weekend a month. He is 11 and has been in for a year.

Wow...he is a very motivated 11 year old. My 11 year old just wants to play video games all day. I really have to watch or that is all he does. My oldest talked about joining the Air Force several years ago. He is a senior this year and is now planning to go to a Tech school and learn automotive collision repair.

Well..I don't know about motivated! LOL He is, after all, 11! But, yes, he likes the program, they do alot of charitable things and we think that is important for him to learn. They have scholarships when he gets older, take trips to different military bases around the country, camping trips in the summer, etc and if he decided to serve when he gets out of high school I think he gets a special rank. (Our high school also has ROTC and I think he's going to join that as well) Also being one weekend a month it doesn't really interfere with family time.
He says he does want to serve in the military when he gets out of school, but I think DH wants him to go to college first and then decide.

WOW...a political thread! Is this safe??? ;)

twingirlsmom said:
WOW...a political thread! Is this safe??? ;)

Yeah, I'm staying FAR away from this one!:rolleyes:

erinyourpclady said:
I know who I won't vote for but she will remain nameless.............

I have to agree with you Erin...

I must say though...I like Thompson. However my cousin is very polital and I am not so usually in the end I go to her for advise.

shawnna said:
I don't know if this is a good topic. We will just all need to agree to disagree. The Clintons...where do I begin...How about with our military. The vets do not like them for there stand on things. She bashed our soldiers and then when she decided she might run...we all knew she was going to...she changed her toon and was suddenly in love with them. I happen to be Pro-Life and she bashes Pro-Lifers. Their own state was happy to be rid of them. My husband resigned his commission and exited the military because President Clinton was in charge....along with many other military men and women. I have a lot of personal beliefs that they bash. I personally think they are all for silencing Christian people. There are many other reasons...a lot of them have to do with the military. And, the things that are happening now in Iraq could have been avoided had President Clinton taken a stand for his country when he was in office. And besides...she was already President once, she just wasn't official.

We have never really had good foreign relations. America is blessed and everyone else wants what we have. They come here because we have such wonderful freedoms and blessings, but then when they get here they want to start changing our country to what their country was. I personally believe that Americans had better wake up and start taking a stand for what our country was founded on. If not we will be what every one comes here to get away from.
The economy runs in cycles. Every so many years it goes up or down. It doesn't matter who is in the White House.

Well, I'll get of my soap box now. Like I said, we will just have to agree to disagree.

I can not stand the thought of Hillary getting in. Please no more Clinton. I LOVE the statement that your misspelling says to me (I highlighted the word).:p

I also don't understand why we have to have people like Martha S. (no more Michaels or Macy's for me thank you - did they not see what she did for KMart?) and Donald T. shoved in our faces all the time. They are arrogant rich people. What did either of them do to make them someone I need to hear from.

Sorry - I know I'll get blasted for that but I felt like it fit with a political thread.

bethcooks4u said:
I can not stand the thought of Hillary getting in. Please no more Clinton. I LOVE the statement that your misspelling says to me (I highlighted the word).:p

I also don't understand why we have to have people like Martha S. (no more Michaels or Macy's for me thank you - did they not see what she did for KMart?) and Donald T. shoved in our faces all the time. They are arrogant rich people. What did either of them do to make them someone I need to hear from.

Sorry - I know I'll get blasted for that but I felt like it fit with a political thread.

Nope...not a blast from me...I agree with you it does belong in the political thread...It is nice that we have some people on here that can say what others of us are thinking but just don't know how to put it into words...I agree with your statement and the one that you quoted but I didn't want to double quote because then mine would have been entirely too long...

Thank you to both of you.

I love Dennis Kucinich, I campaigned for him last time around. But I know there's no chance in hell of him getting elected. Hilary is a bit too ruthless and scary for me. The only one left that I can deal with really is Obama. I just wish he were a bit more experienced. If they changed the laws tomorrow so that Bill Clinton could serve another term, he'd have my vote in a heartbeat. He was one of the best presidents this country has had.

I have to disagree with "we're blessed and people want what we have". If this is blessed, I'd hate to see damnation. This country has become a cesspool over the last 7 years. It's going to take at least 20 years to dig ourselves back out towards being something civilized.

Related to Maximizing Success: The Power of Momentum Makers and Breakers

1. How can I make a dish that represents a specific Presidential candidate?

One option is to use cookie cutters in the shape of each candidate's face or party symbol to create fun and festive snacks. You can also incorporate colors associated with the candidate or their home state into your dish.

2. What are some easy and affordable recipes for hosting a Presidential candidate viewing party?

Some simple and budget-friendly ideas include making a charcuterie board with a variety of meats, cheeses, and crackers, creating a DIY taco bar, or serving patriotic desserts such as red, white, and blue fruit skewers.

3. How can I use Pampered Chef products to create a themed dish for a Presidential candidate's campaign event?

Our products are versatile and can be used to create a variety of dishes. For example, you can use our stoneware to make a candidate-themed pizza or use our cookie press to make cookies with the candidate's name or slogan on them.

4. Are there any special promotions or discounts for Pampered Chef products during the Presidential campaign season?

We often offer special deals and promotions throughout the year, including during major events such as the Presidential campaign. Be sure to follow us on social media and sign up for our newsletter to stay updated on any current offers.

5. How can I get involved with Pampered Chef's involvement in the Presidential campaign?

We are always looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our team as consultants. You can also support our business by hosting a cooking show or purchasing our products to use for your own themed dishes and events. Additionally, you can stay connected with us on social media for updates on our involvement in the Presidential campaign.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
JAE
  • NooraK
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
RoseAndrews
  • LoriLions
  • Products and Tips
Replies