• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Sales with Strategic Specials: Tips and Tricks

The 'Total Items Sold History Report' is a way to keep track of your sales history. It's a report that you can run in PP to see how much money you've made from your shows, how many items have been sold, and how many items have been returned. The 'Total Items Sold History Report' is a way to keep track of your sales history. It's a report that you can run in PP to see how much money you've made from your shows, how many items have been sold, and how many items have been returned.
pchefinski
For those of you that offer "specials" like Dollar Days, or whatnot, do you offer them constantly? Like different ones back to back? Or do you just do them every now and then? September is stoneware month for guest and host specials. Do you designate months to do dollar days or just do them when you need extra bookings? What are the different sales/specials y'all use? I've heard of the White Sale, an After-Christmas sale, Christmas in July, Dollar Days..

Amanda,

I save specials for times when my business needs a boost. Slow months, double points months, months where we are earning the next set of new products.

Mystery Host shows (in December and June) are the what I use to promote sales.

I woud not offer specials during months where the Guest special is awesome (like September) or the new catalog is a big draw. I would suggest that whatever you use do so sparingly so they really are "special".

That's what I was thinking too. :D

I'm running an email sale - free shipping - hostess benefit given to the largest order. My bookings are low for August. I'm hoping this will boost my sales and hopefully get a few bookings. I'll be reminding them about the "Last Chance" items.

I did something different at my show yesterday although I'm pretty sure I got the idea from this site. I got 7 bookings from my show though. I did the book to look idea. I wrote a different product (all of them under $10 except for a small stone) on a piece of nice paper and folded it and put each one in a different envelope and wrote book to look on the outside of them. At the show I gave each person an envelope and told them not to open them. I explained the host benefits and specials throughout the show. At the end of the show I told them to bring the envelope when they check out. I asked each person if they wanted to open their envelope and book a show. When they hold their show I'll put the product on their host order under the discount so I won't pay full price for them. Anyway, it worked great last night!

lkspeir said:
I'm running an email sale - free shipping - hostess benefit given to the largest order. My bookings are low for August. I'm hoping this will boost my sales and hopefully get a few bookings. I'll be reminding them about the "Last Chance" items.

I just tried the Fantastic Friday phone sale last week and it closed at $238! So not to bad for staying by the phone-computer for 6 hours (8am-2pm ) while cleaning my house, I got paid for nothing really!:D

I have been running Dollar Days specials all summer but no bites yet! It's been a very slow July and I only have 2 shows for August! Hope the new season picks up!

Book to Look QuestionSO - if they open the envelope and - for example - the small batter bowl is in there - if they book a show, you will give this to them as a gift? This sounds like a good idea! I have my 2nd show August 7 and need to get people to book!!

Once in a while I will do a "Let me spice up your order" show. Like if the customers are new to Pampered Chef or if I need to boost my sales a bit or if I don't think the guest special will go over too well. If the customer spends $50 or more they get a spice of their choice as a present from me. Then I put little stickers on the bottles with my info saying call me before you run out. I've done it three times and each time every customer has exceeded the $50 just to try the spice! Then I talk them up just a little more to the $60 guest special level. And because the spices & rubs are consumable I gotten some repeat customers from running this special. I also do 'book to look' which works great and I just started preferred customer cards which have gone over every well with my repeat customers. I hope these ideas help!

What do you do with the preferred customer cards? Please explain!

pamperedval said:
What do you do with the preferred customer cards? Please explain!
I had a Party last Saturday. 5 of the guests were former hostesses and frequent guests at my shows in the town that I live in. I was a little worried that they were burnt out. So I ran a 'total items sold history report' in PP for each of the women. Then I found some cards on here and used them for inspiration. Each time they spend $25 I initial a spot (there are 21 spots equaling $525). I added up all of their purchases and initialed the appropriate amount of spots on each card and handed them out at my show.....they were shocked. Then I had blank ones with me for the other guests, that were there, who had never been to one of my shows before. They can only use the cards with me. And I decided to give them a Celebration plate when their card is filled. They loved the idea and three of them booked parties for fall in addition to the new customers who booked and now have a nice incentive to fill their cards too. I do have a bunch of repeat hostesses for the Fall so I think I'm going to give the cards to them as well. As for the celebration plate.....I sold a couple of them when they were on special but I have found that none of my customers will buy them for themselves, they love them but won't buy them:confused: . So when they found out that was the free gift they added more products to their orders and can't wait to fill their cards!
I'm sorry I'm rambling.... But that show (from last Saturday) was $725.00 and I think the Preferred Customer Cards were the reason...there were only 9 people there!

Wow - that is great! I bet they really liked the personal touch with you having marked the appropriate amounts on their cards before handing them out. Funny how people want to spend more when there is a carrot dangling! $525 is a lot!!

I might have to try this - sounds like a great way to have loyal customers and to increase bookings too since it worked for you!

Thanks for elaborating for me...

Preferred Customer Cards...WOW! Thanks for the great idea! I have heard about, and seen different preferred customer cards - but wasn't sure how to use them - this is wonderful! I have a group of ladies who I jokingly (sorta) call my PC Groupies! This will be perfect for them to have and a good visual for others who are at shows!
My question - did you hand them out to everyone, or just to those who asked?

ChefBeckyD said:
WOW! Thanks for the great idea! I have heard about, and seen different preferred customer cards - but wasn't sure how to use them - this is wonderful! I have a group of ladies who I jokingly (sorta) call my PC Groupies! This will be perfect for them to have and a good visual for others who are at shows!
My question - did you hand them out to everyone, or just to those who asked?
I handed them out to the "groupies" :D during the show. I used it as a booking tool. I explained why I made them (the ladies were past hostesses and frequent purchasers) and told the newbies that I take care of my customers as well as my hostesses. Not only will they receive the more than generous host benefits from PC but I have my own customer appreciation specials as well. Then at check out I filled out the cards, for the new people, initialed the appropriate amount of boxes for the amount they purchased. So basically everyone got one. I'm really glad I did it. Let me know how it works out for you!!

Related to Maximizing Sales with Strategic Specials: Tips and Tricks

1. How often do specials occur?

Specials at Pampered Chef typically occur once a month. However, the exact timing and frequency may vary depending on the season and promotions.

2. How long do specials last?

The duration of our specials can vary, but most specials last for a limited time only. It's best to keep an eye out for our promotions and take advantage of them while they last.

3. Are there any recurring specials?

Yes, we do have some recurring specials that happen on a regular basis, such as our annual holiday sale. However, the specific offers and deals may change each time.

4. How do I stay updated on upcoming specials?

The best way to stay updated on our specials is to sign up for our email newsletter or follow us on social media. We also have a special offers page on our website where you can find all current promotions.

5. Can I combine specials with other promotions?

In most cases, our specials cannot be combined with other promotions or offers. However, we occasionally have special promotions that allow for stacking deals, so keep an eye out for those opportunities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Hunter Mom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
  • winklermom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
winklermom
  • Katiechef