• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Results: Newsletter Mailing for Your Business

In summary, the author is considering mailing a physical newsletter as well as self-hosting a mexican themed cooking show this month. They are trying to decide if they should include a free recipe card, invitation postcard, or do the mailing at all.
floccies
I do an e-mail newsletter each month (marginal results -- sometimes one order sometimes no responses at all). I only have e-mail address for about 20% of my customers.

I am considering a physical mailing of the newsletter. I am also self-hosting a mexican themed cooking show this month. The show was in my e-mail newsletter and will be in the physical mailing newsletter as well.

I am trying to decide if I should include a free recipe card, invitation postcard (even though the show is mentioned and highlighted in the newsletter), or do the mailing at all.

I did not vote for this reason. I am getting ready to change things myself. I send out my newsletter both ways. Email for the one's I have email addressess for and snail mail for those that I don't. I am going to stop mailing them out through snail mail due to the cost of postage getting ready to raise to .42 I am sending a note inside this month's newsletter that says "Due to postage increases, I will no longer be able to provide this newsletter though the postal service. If you would still like to receive this newsletter, please call or email me with an email address. I am sorry for the inconvienence. Thank you for all your support and understanding."

I only email newsletters.

I would just include it in my newsletter. But then the may notice something extra that would fall out when they opened it.

i am working on my second newsletter. i will mail this month, and will mail the may one early, before the rate adjustment and early enough to be a reminder of the hwc products. i will also include in these (like i did last month) that i do not want to be your junk mail, and to TELL ME if you want to keep getting it and/or if you would rather get it by email. my postage is a business expense, and i know that several people really noticed the newsletter last month because it did come by mail, and it included a recipe card as part of the newsletter. (it was also color, but that may change)

I only do an email newsletter & tell my customers when they are filling out their drawing slips that if they give me their email address, that they will receive one each month. The only exception is my hosts. If I don't have an email address for a past host, she gets a mailed newsletter. Right now out of 83 shows, I only have 8 that I send newsletters too. I'd personally rather spend my business money on something that I know will be used.

wow i hadnt realized that email newsletters were not very effective. maybe i wont be doing one. i was thinking of getitng the 123request one, but maybe not ... you guys think i should?

No way to know if these newsletters are effective. People may receive a newsletter every month and always think "oh, I love this stuff. maybe I should host a show." They just need us to call them and ask what they need.

I almost always have at least one response/request from my e-mail newsletters. I also get comments when I call a future host, "oh, I was just looking at your email and xxxx." Hey, they looked. What more can I ask?

This month I used Linda's newsletter (revised) that included a comment about getting a Season's Best if they read this far. Nothing yet, but we'll see.

I get e-mail address by telling guests that I will e-mail the recipe if they give me their address. If it's a good recipe, I get 90% of e-mail address. Then, I send the address the day after with a small note about sending a monthly newsletter.

I can't justify the expense of snail mail newsletter although it might be more effective than an e-mail one.

I only doE-mail newsletters. For those who I don't have e-mail for, but who have spent more than $100 with me, I will twice a year, mail the mini catalog to them. That's the only time I'll do a mailing.

I would suggest that you try to get everyone's e-mail. It just makes it a lot eaiser to communicate with your clients (and it's cost effective).

I do email newsletters and mention it at my shows along with the fact that I hate fowards & spam mail! I assure them that their email address will only be used to let you know about upcoming specials and I have printed copies of the last few months newsletters so they can see what they are signing up for. No offense to anyone, but when I was a customer I received some newsletters w/o pics and nothing that made them appealing and I hated getting those newsletters. I get email addresses from at least 90% of the guest at the show.

However response to the newsletter is hard to judge. I have received bookings and orders--but very few. Just this month I received 2 from women that I didn't even know were actually reading the newsletter (from craft fairs in Dec). I do use Outlook and mail merge so everyone's letter is personalized in the greeting and if they open it with outlooks or a nonweb based email server I get a read confirmation email. I always ask customers when I make my customer care calls if they are receiving the newsletter in their email and I have received ALOT of enthusiasm about the letters and the recipes. For myself personally I think the main reason to do a newsletter is to keep your name in front of them and make yourself stand out from other consultants. Bookings and orders off the newsletter--that's just a bonus.

Last edited:
I ONLY send out my newsletter through email.

I send out Rita's newsletter and I sent it out last night. Well, 5 minutes after I sent it, I got an email from a past May host saying she's ready to book again. So I called her and we booked it for May 4th. She has ALL my newsletters saved and told me that she's thinking about signing up to sell! Of course I told her all about my meeting in a week but I HIGHLY recommend sending it!! It's so worth your time!!!:D

I email the majority of my newsletters, but use USPS for anyone who prefers that method. One of my USPS recipients called me. She likes the April special and wondered if I would do an open house. She thought she would have a better response if people didn't have to set aside enough time to attend a whole show. Without a moment's hesitation I said, "Sure!"

Postage, ink, and time definitely well-spent.

I do newsletters through email only. I don't expect a response. To me, it's one very easy way of keeping my name out there in front of people. So if they do need to place an order, want to have a show, whatever--I will be the consultant they think of.

I do the USPS newsletter because I have a lot of guests who don't have email. I prefer email, but living in rural Indiana comes with certain realities. One of those is the fact that the vast majority of the people I know don't have internet access at home.

raebates said:
I do the USPS newsletter because I have a lot of guests who don't have email. I prefer email, but living in rural Indiana comes with certain realities. One of those is the fact that the vast majority of the people I know don't have internet access at home.

:eek: :eek: :eek: Hoosier w/o Internet access!! Imagine that!!!! :rolleyes: :p

I just started emailing mine too. I figure for $2/mo, if I get one booking out of it, it's paid itself off. As a customer, I always appreciated staying on top of what was the specials. I've had several positive comments so far.

My theory, too, Tammi. It's a business marketing expense. My newsletters are very simple, but they keep people informed.

Why in the world do stamps keep going up?!! That is just crazy! If I can help it I won't mail another thing!! That is probably the excuse they are using...more and more people aren't using the postal service...gas prices are up...yada yada!! That is some crazy inflation! There needs to be a cap on the stamp. They HAVE to stop at 50 cents. That is outrageous!!

Obviously, my vote is to not send the snail mail. I get really upset about stuff like that. I used to work at McDonalds when I was in high school. I could buy the #1-Big Mac meal with tax for $3.25. I can't even get it at that price now BEFORE tax!! Nothing has changed! They haven't improved the Big Mac! You don't get more patties or fries with the meal! So needless to say...we don't eat at McDonald's any longer. It is a principle thing (not to mention a health thing).

Okay I will step down now from my soap box.

I am new to Pampered Chef and would like any advice I can get. I do not have a website yet but would like to send people I do know a little newsletter. I also would like to send one to random people by USPS. I'm not real great with words, does anyone have a form letter they can send me to use for my own?
Thank you Kelly

MsKellog said:
I am new to Pampered Chef and would like any advice I can get. I do not have a website yet but would like to send people I do know a little newsletter. I also would like to send one to random people by USPS. I'm not real great with words, does anyone have a form letter they can send me to use for my own?
Thank you Kelly

If you go into the forum titled newsletters and newsletter questions, Linda's April Newsletter should be one of the top threads. Also, Rita's is floating around here as well. Just do a search for newsletter and I'm sure you'll come up with a lot.

Back to the original topic. It's up to you on whether or not to do a snail mail newsletter, I can imagine it could become quite an expense, depending on how large your list is. As for the show you're having though, I would send out a snail mail invite, because if you only have e-mails for 20% of your customers, than that's 80% who you're eliminating from possibly attending the show by not inviting them. So definitely do an invite, I'm just not sure if you'll want to make it a monthly thing.

I do an invitation asking if they'd like to be added to your e-mail newsletter mailing list and if so to email you at x with a subject "newsletter".

Okay... what are these Linda newsletters?? I would love to get something like that, and $2 a month is nothing if it leads to a customer.

BTW, I'm a new consultant. I'm doing my 4th show (2nd cooking) next Monday!

New ConsultantGood luck with your show. Welcome aboard.

1. How do I sign up to receive the Pampered Chef newsletter?

To sign up for the Pampered Chef newsletter, simply visit our website and enter your email address into the designated newsletter sign up form. You will then be added to our mailing list and will receive our newsletter regularly.

2. Can I customize the frequency of when I receive the newsletter?

Yes, you can choose to receive the Pampered Chef newsletter monthly, bi-weekly, or weekly. You can also opt to receive special edition newsletters for holidays or promotions.

3. How do I unsubscribe from the Pampered Chef newsletter?

To unsubscribe from our newsletter, click the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any newsletter email you receive from us. You can also contact our customer service team for assistance with unsubscribing.

4. Can I forward the newsletter to a friend?

Yes, you can easily forward the Pampered Chef newsletter to a friend by clicking the "forward" button in your email and entering their email address. However, please keep in mind that our newsletter is for personal use only and should not be distributed or shared for commercial purposes.

5. Will my personal information be shared with third parties when I sign up for the newsletter?

No, we take the privacy of our customers very seriously and do not share personal information with third parties without your consent. Your personal information will only be used to send you the Pampered Chef newsletter and other relevant updates from our company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crystalscookingnow
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
KaryCam
  • ltkacz