• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Profits: Collaborating with a Co-Host for Your Direct Sales Show

D
DizziePixie
:rolleyes: Ok, help! I have a friend that does PC, too. A mutual friend wanted to do a show, so I suggested we do it together (it sounded fun!), but now we can't figure out how to split the show. There is a host and co-host, but if we split their sales, they will get less free stuff.

The only thing I can really think of is to just give them the $10 extra free stuff on their order, out of our pockets. One of us could input it and give the commission to the other one....

Any other ideas? Has anyone else run into this? Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks ina advance!!

Only problem is that if you split the commission is that it will be income only for the person whose name it is in.

That being said, I don't have any idea how to do it so that it is fair to both the hosts and the consultants. Sorry!

I believe only one of you can take credit for the show. I work with someone else sometimes and we decide who's show it's going to be.

Work your butt off for bookings, and then whoever got to submit the original show, let the other one submit the booking?

Good thoughts about the tax situation and another good one about the bookings....

Anyone else? I'll give these ideas to her and see what happens.

Have you had the show already?

Chef Kearns said:
Have you had the show already?

no, set for Friday, Sept. 7th.

I would just split the orders in half. If the difference is $10 or so in free products, just give them that. Also, I would split the bookings.
If it's a good friend, just do what you need to do to make her happy!

I did a similar show with a friend. We each had hosts book through separate parties and then found out that the hosts knew each other when they called and said they wanted to do one show. We just discussed it with them and they both thought it was easier for them to divide up their guest list and then they could both get the hostess special (it was something they both wanted). The other consultant and I discussed our presentations to make sure we were covering all of the things we wanted to showcase.

We also looked at the total sales when the show was done (and outside orders collected). We then asked the one hostess who was $40 over the last threshhold if we could move one of the orders over to her friends show because she was just $20 shy of the next level. We really tried to work the best for both hostesses.

We did talk with them when they were setting up their guest list that they each needed to come up with 30 people to invite to make sure the show was successful for them as individuals. It worked out great. We did $1800 total!! The only problem is they both got so much free they haven't been ready to host again ;).

Of course, if you and your friend work it together and you decide to have one write a check to the other then the person writing the check can deduct that as a business expense and the person receiving it claim it as income. You don't need to have a 1099 to report as income.

Good luck and have fun!

Just what I needed Michele, Thanks!!!!

i have split a show before with another consultant and it was only 1 host
very long story
anyway we just split everything down the middle and it cost us an extra 5 or 10 $ to get the host everything she wanted and we got separate commission checks, pts etc
and we both got what we needed out of it

just do the best you can for everyone
dont forget those shows count towards all the current promotions :)

1. How do I split the profits with a co-host for our direct sales show?

This is a common question when collaborating with a co-host for a direct sales show. One option is to split the sales evenly, with each host receiving 50% of the profits. Another option is to split the profits based on the amount of effort put in by each host. You can also come to a mutual agreement on how to split the profits, such as one host receiving a larger percentage for bringing in more guests.

2. Will splitting the profits result in less free products for us?

Yes, if you split the profits evenly, each host will receive less free products compared to hosting a show individually. However, collaborating with a co-host can also bring in more guests and sales, resulting in a higher overall profit and more free products for both hosts.

3. How can we split the profits without affecting the amount of free products we receive?

One option is for the hosts to split the cost of the extra free products out of their own pockets. Another option is to input the extra free products into one host's order and give the commission to the other host. This way, both hosts can still receive the same amount of free products.

4. Has anyone else encountered this issue when collaborating with a co-host?

Yes, this is a common issue for hosts who collaborate with a co-host for a direct sales show. It's important to communicate and come to a mutual agreement on how to split the profits and any additional expenses.

5. Do you have any other suggestions for splitting profits with a co-host?

Aside from splitting the profits evenly or based on effort, some hosts choose to split the profits based on the amount of products each host contributed to the show. This way, if one host brings in more products, they can receive a larger percentage of the profits.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PChefCharlotte
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • luvmypomeranian
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Kris Renee