• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Party Success: Tips for Closing Your Host's Show Efficiently

In summary, the host has more time to get orders in, but if the order is for something discontinued or for something beyond the host's budget, the host may not be able to get it to the guest in a timely manner.
melaniepc
you have waited for a host to close her show? I had a party last friday and she keeps saying that she keeps getting orders. I think that is great but how long should I hold the show open? a few ladies got the free pinch bowls so iwould have to close by the 31st right?

I have had a few lately that have told me they had orders & then nothing. I had one call me in April because she had some orders from coworkers & wanted to get more orders to turn it inot a catty show. Still nothing. I have called & emailed. I always wonder what they tell the people that ordered.

You have more time ( I think a month -- but I never let it go more than 2 weeks) to get the guest special (this changes in Sept), but I would not tell the host that. It's already been a week, so tell her you need to close it so her guests get thier orders in a timely fashion, and you can always turn those other orders into a catty show. If it is a matter of one order will get her to the next level, offer to make the call for her. Tell her if you call the guest, you'll be on the phone for 5 minutes, where she'll be on the phone for an hour. When I offer this to a host, suddenly, the order appears. ( I must be pretty scary for her not to inflict me on her guests, LOL)
Hope this helps.

I would tell her you need to close it by Tuesday (or pick another date) and could she please make sure she gets all of the order by then. And I'd also explain that you don't want people who were at her show having to wait longer for their orders than they need to.

The longest was 6 weeks after the show. Boy was I PO'd. I tried to stay in touch with host but she would never return my calls. Finally, she closed. I really think she used money from outside orders to pay bills and needed to wait until the first of the month, if you know what I mean. SO, I am sooooo glad HO is putting a date deadline on show submits.

now, i could be wrong, but i thought you had until the 15th of the to submit the show and get the previous month's host/ guest specials. am i wrong?

melaniepc said:
you have waited for a host to close her show? I had a party last friday and she keeps saying that she keeps getting orders. I think that is great but how long should I hold the show open? a few ladies got the free pinch bowls so iwould have to close by the 31st right?

I would ask her to read the orders to you over the phone so you can tell her what she's up to. Then you know if she is actually collecting or if she is stalling for another reason.

The longest for me was also 6 weeks. I had two bounced checks and wasn't going to close until I had my money.

I am still waiting for a catty show from May...and waiting...and waiting...

I have quit contacting the hostess. I figure if she has orders, she will get them to me. Right?!

The "rules" are changing.

As of now we have until the last day of the month after the show is dated to get the show submitted for the host and guests to get the monthly specials.

Starting in the new season we must submit shows by the 15th of the next month or it will be put on hold and the specials removed.

Of course the consultant promotions are always dated so it's important to read the fine print about deadlines.

We can place a show from any month until the last day of the month the season ends (Sept 30/March 31) but no specials are given if the above rules aren't met. --this too might change. And of course, there's the chance that orders with discontinued items will have to be adjusted if they run out of them.

Make it your policy to submit within 48 hours. When telling my host the level she is at and what she needs to get to the next level at the end of her show I always reminder her of the date and time we agreed to close the show and stress that everyone wants their things right away.

I too wait for payment before submitting. I try to get them to have the rest of the orders paid by debit or credit card but some insist on checks. If they live too far to make another trip to get it I either meet the host or I have her put it in the mail. If I don't have the checks within 2 days I'm on the phone making sure she sent them (MANY times they (or DH) haven't).

Koolotus said:
I would ask her to read the orders to you over the phone so you can tell her what she's up to. Then you know if she is actually collecting or if she is stalling for another reason.
This is a great idea. I had a March host who didn't close until late May, even though I kept calling her and trying to get in touch with her. Her guests were able to purchase the March specials. But it was a looooooonnnnngggg time:yuck: Thankfully she ended up having a good show.

Koolotus said:

This is a great solution. I'd do something like this, with orders as they came in, post show.

I express to my hosts that the longer they wait to close, the longer their guests have to wait and that may be unfair to those who got their orders in on time.

What is the longest cooking tool available from Pampered Chef?

The longest cooking tool available from Pampered Chef is the Bamboo Extra Long Turner, measuring at 13 inches in length.

What is the longest warranty offered on Pampered Chef products?

The longest warranty offered on Pampered Chef products is a limited lifetime warranty, which covers defects in materials and workmanship for the lifetime of the product.

What is the longest cooking time recommended for Pampered Chef stoneware?

The longest cooking time recommended for Pampered Chef stoneware is 45 minutes. Extended cooking times may cause the stoneware to become too hot and potentially crack.

What is the longest length of time to host a Pampered Chef party?

The longest length of time to host a Pampered Chef party is typically 2-3 hours. However, the length of the party can be adjusted based on the host's preferences.

What is the longest shelf life for Pampered Chef pantry staples?

The longest shelf life for Pampered Chef pantry staples is typically 1-2 years, depending on the product. It is recommended to always check the expiration date on the packaging before use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ahammons
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
ahammons
  • chefbecky
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
tlennhoff
  • ejuliano