• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing My POR Points: Choosing Between 12in SS or Stir Fry Skillet

but I am really looking forward to it!The 12" executive is a great size for one or two people. The Stir Fry skillet is more versatile, but the 12" stainless is a great value. I would choose the 12" stainless.
PCSarahjm
I decided to start my own thread about POR points....I am having a hard time decide what to get! I have 1206 points left. Do I get 12in ss or the stir fry skillet.

I have
5 piece exec.
grill pan and press
12 in exec with lid
8in ss
8 in exec.

What will be more beneficial???

12" stainless! I'm so glad I got mine! I didn't think I would like stainless that much!

I would go stir fry since you already have the 12" executive.

Hmmm...that's a hard one. I think I would have to say ss though, for some of the recipes that will work better in stainless as opposed to nonstick.

I think I want the stir fry skillet. But right now I am sort of thing about the Executive Family Skillet. I have the Professional. The handle is loose :(
I use that thing all the time!!

12" stainless.

You can stir fry in your 12" exec or the 12" stainless

DebbieJ said:
12" stainless.

You can stir fry in your 12" exec or the 12" stainless
The Stir Fry Skillet is really the only one I don't have. I always stir fry in my 12".

Do you have alot of interest from customers in the SS?

I know that for myself, I don't. At first I was bringing the 8" one to shows with me - but it is soooo heavy, and I never had anyone be interested in it - so I quit bringing it. I don't think I have ever had anyone even ask to see a piece of the SS.
I have a 12" SS skillet(not PC) that I have had for a long time - it's a very good one - but since getting my Executive cookware, it sits on the top of my Pot Rack and collects dust.:blushing:

So, I would say that if you don't get a ton of interest in SS - get something you KNOW that your customers may be interested in seeing, and something that you know you will use yourself!

Personally, I would go with the Stir Fry. I am just not crazy about stainless and I have ZERO customer interest in it too. I like to get things my customers are interested in too and then I feel like I am investing it more in my business when they are intersted in it.

I find the SS very handy, but I cook up large pieces of beef and pork. I love the way it sears. I use it more than I do the Stir-Fry Skillet. However, I think the Stir-Fry Skillet is more versatile. You can use it for soups and stews as well as stir-fry.

I would definitely choose the Stainless Steel 12", if for no other reason, it's the best "value" for your points!! Also, it costs $200 otherwise, and the Executive Stir-fry is only $115!
This way, you're using all of your points, basically.
In February, host a show, or, if a hostess doesn't want both of her hostess specials, choose the stir-fry pan then and get it 60% off.

Sorry, I'm a mom, and true "bargain shopper" most of the time!!

As for customer interest, I've had no bites personally on the Stainless, but then I only currently have the saute' pan. When I bring the Family Skillet to a show, however, it usually generates interest in someone, and often gets me a booking, too, so they can get it discounted, so I'm hoping to get it in Stainless Steel soon, too, so I can see if that makes any difference there, too. I find that I usually "sell what I show", even if it's actually just "selling" a booking!!

Hope that helps!
Paula

I just got the 12" executive and I LOVE it! It's just the right size to cook dinner in for my horde.

I have the 12" SS and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

But, I have always been OK with using either SS or non-stick to cook. Until last year, all my 1 qt and greater pots were stainless steel - so it is no big deal for me to cook in and clean a SS pan. It really depends on how you are with SS.

It is a BEAUTIFUL pan. (I swear I took it out each day and just admired it for the first week!!)

But, anyway, I am only cooking for 2 and thought I wouldn't use it too much since it is so large, but I have used it a bunch.

We make a half recipe of the Asian Noodle skillet and since they say to cook 1/2 the meat at a time (for the full recipe) I can cook our 1/2 recipe all at once using the pan. I made the Skillet Lasagne in it and it turned out very nice.

I have yet to try a Skillet cake in it, but I will over the holidays!!

I agree with Paula as far as getting the 12" SS because of the value. You can pick up the Stir-Fry in Feb (or even Kit Enhancement month???)

Thanks everyone for your input. I am ordering the SS today!! I hope I like it!

1. What are POR points?

POR points refer to the Pampered Chef Opportunity Reward points, which are earned by consultants for achieving certain sales and recruitment goals. These points can be redeemed for various products and business supplies.

2. How do I earn POR points?

You can earn POR points by hosting cooking shows, selling Pampered Chef products, and recruiting new consultants to join your team. The more successful you are in these areas, the more POR points you will earn.

3. What is the difference between the 12-inch stainless steel skillet and the stir fry skillet?

The 12-inch stainless steel skillet is made of durable stainless steel and features a flat bottom, making it ideal for cooking a variety of dishes. The stir fry skillet, on the other hand, is made of non-stick material and has a curved bottom, making it perfect for stir-frying and tossing ingredients.

4. Which skillet should I choose for maximizing my POR points?

The best skillet to choose depends on your cooking needs and preferences. If you often cook a variety of dishes and prefer stainless steel material, the 12-inch skillet may be the better option. If you enjoy stir-frying and want a non-stick option, the stir fry skillet may be a better fit.

5. Can I use my POR points to purchase the skillet?

Yes, you can use your POR points to purchase the 12-inch stainless steel skillet or the stir fry skillet. Simply redeem your points through your consultant account or contact your consultant for assistance with ordering.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crystalscookingnow
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • dwyerkim
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • RossDeb2