• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Me Choose My 60% off Piece!

In summary, the experts recommend choosing the 12" skillet over the grill pan for its versatility and ability to make popular recipes such as skillet cakes. The 12" skillet can also hold more food and is a more popular choice among consultants. The stir-fry skillet can be used interchangeably with the 12" skillet, but the 10" skillet may not be able to hold all the recipes designed for the 12" skillet. Kit enhancement month in April is also mentioned as a possible opportunity to purchase the grill pan.

Which should I purchase for 60% off?

• Grill Pan

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • 12" Skillet

Votes: 38 90.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
straitfan
Gold Member
Alright experts........... I finally pieced together enough orders to make a catalog show that I can submit in my name--I WANT THE COOKWARE! All I have is the 8" saute pan from my SS bonus. In your opinion which would be the most bang for my buck, 12" skillet or grill pan? I got the grill press with the samples in Aug. b/c I thought at that time that I was going to get my first reqruit (during my SS months) and was planning on receiving the grill pan--but then that fell through! (And the press won't fit in any of my other skillets.) Submitting the show tonight and need to decide!

The skillet can be used for so many things! I use mine at least 3 times a week - and it's just me and hubby. Also, the skillet cakes are a show stopper!

Skillet all the way for skillet cakes. :D That's how your sales sky rocket. The cakes are so moist! In fact, I made one here last night!:D

What skillet cake recipes do you use?

Okay, I'm not sure what recipes are in that attachment so if my favorites aren't, I"ll post them!:)

Attachments

• Family Skillet Recipes.doc
    60 KB · Views: 398
WOW! You guys are convincing me to go with the skillet! the cakes alone sound so yummy--and if I can make them at a show and get on order or 2 for $125 skillet that would be so AWESOME!

I would definetely go skillet too.. I don't have ANY of the cookware YET... but I hear so much about these skillet cakes that I really need to seriously look into getting one of those pieces myself!!

Cheers

Absolutely the 12" skillet. So much more versitile! :) Looks like everyone else feels the same way!

Well, I love the grill pan, and the press will NOT fit in the 12" skillet (someone from HO told us at National Conference last year that she ruined a 12" skillet that way).

BUT- I also love the 12".

Get the 12" - you can do skillet cakes, etc. And then get the grill pan during kit enhancement!

Oh yeah--I keep forget about Kit enhancement month. That's April, right? (I was broke in Nov. during my 4th month : (

I would go with the 12" too. You can also do 8 or 9 pounds of hamburger at one time with the 12"

My director made the MSCB in the stir-fry skillet....what does everyone think about that vs. the 12" ??? Also, I eventually want to get the 5 & 7 sets, which include the 10"...will that hold the 12" recipes??

Holy Smokes... 8 or 9 pounds of ground beef??? I know the audio cd said 4 pounds... I haven't tried greater amounts but that's how I cook and think so I'll be trying more next time!

a lonely vote for the grill panmy director used the grill pan to make a skillet cake at my party (before I started). it turned out great and fits on the rect. SA platter. She then made a double recipe of hot pizza dip in the same pan. Since you have the press, you might like having the grill pan now and use KEM for the 12".

Christy, I would definitely choose the Family Skillet. It's just so much more versatile. (And you can still use your Grill Press to make paninis.)

jenniferknapp said:
My director made the MSCB in the stir-fry skillet....what does everyone think about that vs. the 12" ??? Also, I eventually want to get the 5 & 7 sets, which include the 10"...will that hold the 12" recipes??

I have the 12" skillet and stirfry skillet - and use them interchangeably...the stirfry holds a bit more. What I love to use it for is making soups, stews, and chilis. I saute' any veggies and meat, and then dump all the rest of the ingredients in, you can make a big batch of soup or chili, and only dirty one pot!

I'm not sure about the 10" - I have it, and it seems like there would be too big of a size difference - but I'm not too good at judging things like that!;)

ChefBeckyD said:
I have the 12" skillet and stirfry skillet - and use them interchangeably...the stirfry holds a bit more. What I love to use it for is making soups, stews, and chilis. I saute' any veggies and meat, and then dump all the rest of the ingredients in, you can make a big batch of soup or chili, and only dirty one pot!

I'm not sure about the 10" - I have it, and it seems like there would be too big of a size difference - but I'm not too good at judging things like that!;)

Thanks for the info!! hmmm...so I guess I just need the stirfry skillet, 12" and the grill pan (someday) :) I really want it, but I hate the fact that I just recently bought new cookware, soon before signing... and mine is from Le Gourmet Chef, can go in the oven, etc... ahhh

Absolutely the 12" skillet.:)

I think you guys made my decision for me!! I'm going to submit the order and then wait impatiently for my new skillet to be Fed-Ex'd to me. (Will be my first FEX order--hope they get it right, they have a horrible track record with me!) First thing--Pineapple Upside Down Cake (I think I'll buy the ingredients tomorrow so I can make one as soon as it comes!!!)
Thanks for sharing your wisdom.

Related to Help Me Choose My 60% off Piece!

What items are included in the "Help Me Choose My 60% off Piece!" sale?

The "Help Me Choose My 60% off Piece!" sale includes a variety of Pampered Chef products, such as cookware, bakeware, kitchen tools, and accessories.

How do I know which item is 60% off?

The discounted item will be marked with a "60% off" label on our website and in our catalog. You can also filter your search by "60% off" to see all eligible items.

Can I combine the 60% off discount with other promotions or discounts?

Unfortunately, the 60% off discount cannot be combined with any other promotions or discounts.

Is the 60% off discount available in-store as well?

Yes, the 60% off discount is available both online and in-store. However, availability of specific items may vary between the two options.

How long will the "Help Me Choose My 60% off Piece!" sale last?

The sale will last for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of the 60% off discount while it lasts! Keep an eye on our website and social media for updates on the sale's end date.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PCSarahjm
  • PChefPEI
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
PChefPEI
Replies
Views
doughmama