• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Get the Stir Fry Skillet?

In summary, the Chef Becky D Stir Fry Skillet is a great purchase for those that use it for a variety of purposes. It is big enough to cook a large meal, but not too big that it is difficult to clean. Additionally, the Chef Becky D Stir Fry Skillet is a great gift for friends or family who have recently hosted a show.
jrstephens
I have enough points left to get it, but I NEVER do stir fry, so, is there any point to me getting it.

If I do not get it, I am going to get the 11" Griddle for a friend and sale it to her for 60% off plus tax and shipping. Just like she would have done as a booking benefit.

So, I am trying to decide if I NEED the pan or if I want to make some money. I am leaning toward making some money. :D

I have the stir fry skillet and i use it all the time. Although I dont have the 12in skillet

If you offer the griddle to your friend, I would still only do it as a booking benefit. I sometimes give PC gifts to friends, but I don't think I would ever offer them the host benefit, without them having a show. I just think that if you do that, it cheapens your business, and can set up an atmosphere where friends may think they don't have to host....because you can get them a great deal on the side.

For the stir-fry skillet, I use mine all the time for making soups, stews, and chilis.....I can brown the meat and whatnot right in the skillet, and it is plenty large enough to just add all the other ingredients right in the pan. I love mine for not only stir-fry, but also for all of these things too.

LOVE my Stir-Fry! I use it right alongside my 12"

Why don't you wait and see if you get additional panorama points through November 30 and then you can choose something you want and will use. Just a thought!

I have the stir fry skillet too.... I love it just as much as the rest of my set too!!

ChefBeckyD said:
If you offer the griddle to your friend, I would still only do it as a booking benefit. I sometimes give PC gifts to friends, but I don't think I would ever offer them the host benefit, without them having a show. I just think that if you do that, it cheapens your business, and can set up an atmosphere where friends may think they don't have to host....because you can get them a great deal on the side.
QUOTE]

I have offered it to her b/c she did a show and got me like 4 or 5 bookings total. She got the 5, 7 piece and the skillet & lid this month.

I totally agree that I do not offer it to them unless they get me boookings or if they are a great repeat host.

Gina M said:
Why don't you wait and see if you get additional panorama points through November 30 and then you can choose something you want and will use. Just a thought!

I thought about that but after redeeming this month and what I already have the stir fry skillet would be the only Executive I do not have, so, I would not have anything to save up for.

Too bad the points aren't transferrable. I'd offer to take them off your hands.

chefann said:
Too bad the points aren't transferrable. I'd offer to take them off your hands.

I wish they were too b/c I would love to have someone make good use of them. And even if I offer the griddle to my friend, I will still have about 345 left over.

jrstephens said:
ChefBeckyD said:
QUOTE]

I have offered it to her b/c she did a show and got me like 4 or 5 bookings total. She got the 5, 7 piece and the skillet & lid this month.

I totally agree that I do not offer it to them unless they get me boookings or if they are a great repeat host.

Well then - sounds like she deserves it! You have so many points in part because of her!:thumbup:

Have you thought of redeeming for some of the smaller $ items and using them as incentives? Like SS 8" skillet, Exec. 8" skillet, etc.......?

How about a "kit" saute pan so that you can keep your personal one in your kitchen?

Go for it! I'm getting the stir fry skillet with my points as well!
I'm especially excited to hear that its great for chilis and stews...just in time for Fall! :love: :thumbup:

I LOVE the stir fry pan!! One of the thing it's great for is an item you might pour into another dish/pan. I make a fancy schmancy mac and cheese that bakes in 9x13 in the oven. I make the sauce in the stir fry pan, because there is so much space, add all the pasta (that's cuz it's fancy!), then slide it into the baker to brown in the oven. Yummy!

--Jenny L

Jen... Why don't you brown your Mac n Cheese right in the stir fry skillet? This is how I do my pasta bakes now. Cook beef in skillet. drain, boil water cook noodles drain, add sauce and cheese and bake. All done in one pan!

I also use both my Stir fry and 12 'skillet. I rerely do a "stir Fry" I just use it a an awesome big pan! Also we are only a fam of 4 and my kids do not eat a whole lot. but these pans work great for me.

Good idea, I haven't tried that. When I make it I'm usually bringing it someplace else. I've wanted the stoneware benefit of staying hot for such a long time. That has actually impressed some of the guests at the events it's showed up at!

Thanks for the baking reminder.

--Jenny L

You could put the lid on the skillet to keep it hot.

One of my friends (the one who I am thinking of letting get the griddle b/c of al she has benefited me this month) cooked spaghetti the other night and put the lid on and went back 1.5 hr later and it was still pwarm enough to eat without heating. She called me so excited!

I used to cook all the time in my stir fry (pre PC cookware and pre most of the kids moving out on their own) and I do have the Exec. Stir Fry (my Exec was all in a box since the last pan-o-rama waiting for me to stop using the Prof. lol.). Well, since I've also earned the Stainless I decided now is the time! I have pulled all the Prof out of my kitchen and found that the stir fry (safely tucked in the back of the cupboard - I know, I know... you don't even have to say it) has NEVER been used.

So in my opinion, if you don't use a stir fry now you won't use it enough to justify even the awesome sale price.

Also, I would not just let your points go away. Come December look at what you have left and get something - use it as a gift or as an incentive.

I have a NON PC stir fry I never use...

I am anxious to get the SS set...I just got the 12" skillet, with a lot of points remaining but not enough for the set...I figured I would work harder knowing I just need a few hundred more... WINK WINK!

I use my stir-fry ALL THE TIME!! I used it last night, I'm using it tonight.....I LOVE it!!

<hijack>
Hey, Sarah! Good to see your smiling face!
<end hijack>

I love my stir fry skillet!! It's my one and only piece of cookware and I can't imagine cooking without it now!

I have enough points for the Stir Fry Skillet too and was wondering the same thing,whether I should get it or not. Now you all convinced me, but I will wait to see if I get more points.

What are the benefits of using the Stir Fry Skillet?

The Stir Fry Skillet is a versatile and convenient addition to any kitchen. It is designed with a flat bottom and high sides, making it perfect for stir-frying, sautéing, and even deep-frying. Its non-stick surface ensures easy food release and quick cleanup. It also has a long handle and a helper handle for a comfortable grip and easy maneuvering. Plus, it is oven-safe up to 450°F, making it perfect for finishing dishes in the oven.

Is the Stir Fry Skillet suitable for all stovetops?

Yes, the Stir Fry Skillet is compatible with all stovetop types, including gas, electric, and induction. Its sturdy construction and flat bottom make it heat evenly and efficiently on any stovetop. It can also be used on outdoor grills, making it a versatile cooking tool for any occasion.

What is the size and capacity of the Stir Fry Skillet?

The Stir Fry Skillet has a 12-inch diameter and a 4.5-quart capacity, making it perfect for cooking large batches of stir-fry, vegetables, and other dishes. Its size and capacity also make it ideal for family dinners or entertaining guests.

How do I care for and clean the Stir Fry Skillet?

The Stir Fry Skillet is dishwasher safe, but we recommend hand-washing with warm, soapy water to prolong its lifespan. Avoid using harsh abrasives or metal utensils that can scratch the non-stick surface. For stubborn food residue, soak the skillet in warm, soapy water before cleaning. Make sure to dry it thoroughly before storing to prevent rusting.

What is the warranty for the Stir Fry Skillet?

The Stir Fry Skillet comes with a limited lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects. If you experience any issues with your skillet, please contact our customer service team for assistance. They will be happy to help you with a replacement or refund.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• its_me_susan
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ginamkiely
Replies
Views
PCSarahjm
  • Jenelle
  • Products and Tips
Replies