• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Incentives for Catalog Shows: Tips for New Consultants

In summary, a new consultant is trying to figure out how to give a 10% discount to Black Friday orders under the name of a pet. They are worried about meeting the $150 minimum for the Dec. 1 show, and are worried that fabricating a host would ruin their reputation.
My goal for this month is simply to qualify (turn in four shows) by my 30th day. It was to get to $1250 by then, but my expectations have become more realistic.The other shows are swimming along just dandy. The only ones that have fallen apart are MINE! Suddenly, my friends are too poor, my stepmother messed up her checking account and incurred an overdraft because I deposited the check she gave me, and everyone wants to delay their order. One friend even wants to cancel but her order is so small I told her I'd get them for her and she could consider it a gift! I am tempted to take $50 out of my pocket and bail the show out, but I made mistakes like that with the previous product line, and I promised myself I would not do that with PC!Anyway, I too am shooting for a goal, and that's why I was looking for some sort of incentive to offer.The $1,000 show idea is nice, but since this is my sister's first show with ANY plan I worry that it would put too much pressure on her. Plus she's got ENOUGH on her plate without adding this to it!

You don't have to say "You HAVE to have a $1000 show for me!". You host coach her towards it without mentioning something like that. Talk to her about making sure to send out all 40 invites, collecting 7 outside orders before her show, doing reminder phone calls, sending email invites, and then collecting orders after her show. This will usually guarantee a wonderful show! Hosting coaching is one of the most important parts of our business. Even if it is your sister, if you don't want her to feel like you are pushing her, tell her that you need to practice host coaching for future shows and to do what you need to do for those other shows. That way she doesn't totally feel like you are telling her what to do but helping you out.

When is your sister's show? Can you add those orders to her show? What about just getting people some Christmas presents with the extra money you need to spend? I struggled when I first started but I promise that if you work it, it will work for you!

wadesgirl said:
You don't have to say "You HAVE to have a $1000 show for me!". You host coach her towards it without mentioning something like that. Talk to her about making sure to send out all 40 invites, collecting 7 outside orders before her show, doing reminder phone calls, sending email invites, and then collecting orders after her show. This will usually guarantee a wonderful show! Hosting coaching is one of the most important parts of our business. Even if it is your sister, if you don't want her to feel like you are pushing her, tell her that you need to practice host coaching for future shows and to do what you need to do for those other shows. That way she doesn't totally feel like you are telling her what to do but helping you out.

When is your sister's show? Can you add those orders to her show? What about just getting people some Christmas presents with the extra money you need to spend? I struggled when I first started but I promise that if you work it, it will work for you!

Very wise words!

I have it on my agenda to make a second call to my sister ....

My goal is to have FOUR parties in my first 30 days. My sister's party will be its own, as will my friend's . I have another book party out so these orders I have would have been my fourth. Throw these orders on with another party, and that eliminates one of my four. I was very discouraged.

As it happens, my other book party hostess has not done all that well either. However, she will see family over the holiday. Since people have told both of us that they will probably be able to order the first of the month, and since she really wants the November specials, we agreed to co-host this party. She'll get the Simple Additions at 60 percent off which I really don't want or need, and we'll also co-host a show on Dec. 1... which would be a fourth one. As long as we can submit the second show by Dec. 4, it's within my first 30 days. Goal achieved ... if things work out the way they should.

That doesn't mean I'm not also doing everything I can to have another show by the end of the month, so I can be more assured of meeting my goal.

Oh, and in my last plan, I found myself spending too much money on the product. Little things that added up, like taking advantage of a discount if a customer didn't want it. And then that product would be retired when the next catalog came out.

I promised myself I would NOT MAKE THAT MISTAKE with this product. What is the point in spending $50 just to get $50 in PC dollars?

My parents have made it very clear that they want Home Depot gift cards for Christmas, and almost everybody else on my list is age 15 and under ...

Just do what you can do, if you try and don't make qualify within your 30 days, at least you tried. Keeping working at it.

One thing, a consultant is not allowed to co-host a party. You can help by inviting people and collecting orders to help but your name cannot be on the show when you submit it in PP or P3.

Book parties can be a little frustrating. I really try to help my book party hosts alot more normal. I offer them a free gift (a mini serving spatula) if they give me 5 orders with in their first week. That way I can tell that they are working on it. I also try to help them come up with ideas on how to get orders like putting a catalog in their purse so it's sticking out for people to see it.

Good Luck DI! Just remember, it goes to 90 days, so if you don't make the 30, there's still time to earn those PC dollars. Plus, this company is always offering the best incentives so there will be more chances in the future to get some goodies!

I think it is really admirable that you are trying to get the 4 shows in your first 30 days! When I was at the Directors Training Day last month, they were talking to us about getting our new consultants off to a great start~they like us as Directors to focus on the fact that you have 90 days to grow your business and that the 30 days thing is a BONUS! You are already leaps and bounds beyond what most people are focusing on~good luck!

I have to admit that I was shocked by the show in the cat's name...only b/c it wasn't a person. I agree about offering incentives (been there, done that). Too many cheapens our host benefits b/c they really ARE great. Even if another company gives more free, can they really walk away with as much? We have a great variety of prices. Also, when commissions are higher, much of the time the consultants are expected to pay some of the host incentives. I'm glad I don't have to. However, as I earn a decent commission, sometimes I DO give 20% any one item or something. If I have discontinued items I don't want, I might give those as an incentive, but typically, I do Mystery Host shows so that everyone is doing the work, but someone really gets rewarded. I do put shows that I'm technically doing in someone else's name quite often, but it's usually the highest order or someone that collected some orders for me.I agree...don't spend a lot on product. You don't have to have everything. You'll earn a lot along the way. REALLY! Oh...and friends/family NOT usually the best hosts. Sometimes they do try (my mom and Grandma & a few friends are my best hosts), but I have a ton of family and only 2 really did anything. I think they feel that if they don't try/don't do well, you'll still love them. It gets MUCH better after awhile so just be patient. Don't be discouraged even if your first 4 months are just okay. Get your name out that you are doing PC. Follow up with customers and check in with them as often as they'd like. The great thing with PC is that your list of customers grows and grows. People have a ton and still want more or CAN buy gifts for others (vs home interiors or jewelry which is more personal and less versatile). Oh...on that note. You MAY be able to buy some gifts for the teens. I just had 2 at my show on Monday with their wish lists ready for their moms. This is a GREAT site. Yes, people get fired up, but that's because it's frustrating to be trying to follow the rules and others profit by not doing the same. I say this as someone who has definitely bent the rules at times and no one can get on too high of a horse b/c we all do things that we shouldn't. Not pointing fingers, just stating a fact. In the end, PC is FUN. I love it and I love all of the info on this site. I don't like the defensiveness I come across. I, honestly, didn't think they were personally attacking you, but that's b/c those frustrations have been discussed elsewhere. Don't be afraid to ask questions. We LOVE to give our 2 cents!!

I hope we can forget about the cat's name, because that is not being done anymore (as I have said over and over and over and over and over again!)

And by co-hosting ... I simply mean that she is welcome to the orders I have obtained. She is interested in the discount on the simple additions and getting them for 35 to 40 percent off. I am not. I am interested in just a LITTLE BIT of free product ($10 or so, to get a nifty little doodad.) I might buy a couple of little things with the discount, like some Jerk seasoning to make the chicken nachos, but that is about it.

I do not want my name on it in any way. However, this is a customer who wants everything shipped to me because she is afraid of theft. I plan to put it in her name with my address as the shipping address.

Di_Can_Cook said:
I hope we can forget about the cat's name, because that is not being done anymore (as I have said over and over and over and over and over again!)

And by co-hosting ... I simply mean that she is welcome to the orders I have obtained. She is interested in the discount on the simple additions and getting them for 35 to 40 percent off. I am not. I am interested in just a LITTLE BIT of free product ($10 or so, to get a nifty little doodad.) I might buy a couple of little things with the discount, like some Jerk seasoning to make the chicken nachos, but that is about it.

I do not want my name on it in any way. However, this is a customer who wants everything shipped to me because she is afraid of theft. I plan to put it in her name with my address as the shipping address.

That's easy to do. Just do this in the shipping address:

Host Name
c/o Consultant Name
Consultant Address
City, ST 00000

When I do this, I use my phone number in case there are delivery issues. A lot of us do this for hosts who don't want packages sitting on their doorstep. Many consultants have most shows shipped to themselves so they can package the products for their hosts.

<h2>1. How do I offer discounts or promotional items for my catalog shows?</h2><p>As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the option to offer discounts or promotional items to hostesses who hold catalog shows. You can do this by using the host discount, which allows the hostess to receive a percentage off their total order based on the sales from the show. Alternatively, you can also choose to pay for the discount or promotional item out of your own pocket as a gift to the hostess.</p><h2>2. Can I offer discounts on my own products as incentives?</h2><p>Yes, you can offer discounts on your own products as incentives for catalog shows. This can be done by using the host discount or by offering a specific discount amount or percentage to the hostess. Just make sure to communicate the details of the discount or incentive clearly to the hostess and include it in your show agreement.</p><h2>3. How can I offer gift certificates as incentives?</h2><p>To offer gift certificates as incentives for catalog shows, you can purchase them from the Pampered Chef website or create your own using the customizable gift certificate templates available in your consultant's toolbox. You can then present the gift certificate to the hostess as a thank you for hosting a successful show.</p><h2>4. What other promotional items can I offer as incentives?</h2><p>Aside from discounts and gift certificates, you can also offer other promotional items to your hostesses as incentives. This can include free products, special bundles, or even exclusive hostess-only products. Be creative and think of items that your hostesses would appreciate and enjoy.</p><h2>5. How do I make sure that offering incentives doesn't impact my profits?</h2><p>Offering discounts and promotional items can be a great way to boost your catalog show sales, but it's important to consider the impact on your profits. Make sure to factor in the cost of the incentives when setting your prices and be strategic in choosing which incentives to offer. You can also limit the number of incentives available or set a minimum sales amount for the hostess to qualify for the incentive to ensure that it doesn't affect your profits too much.</p>

1. How do I offer discounts or promotional items for my catalog shows?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the option to offer discounts or promotional items to hostesses who hold catalog shows. You can do this by using the host discount, which allows the hostess to receive a percentage off their total order based on the sales from the show. Alternatively, you can also choose to pay for the discount or promotional item out of your own pocket as a gift to the hostess.

2. Can I offer discounts on my own products as incentives?

Yes, you can offer discounts on your own products as incentives for catalog shows. This can be done by using the host discount or by offering a specific discount amount or percentage to the hostess. Just make sure to communicate the details of the discount or incentive clearly to the hostess and include it in your show agreement.

3. How can I offer gift certificates as incentives?

To offer gift certificates as incentives for catalog shows, you can purchase them from the Pampered Chef website or create your own using the customizable gift certificate templates available in your consultant's toolbox. You can then present the gift certificate to the hostess as a thank you for hosting a successful show.

4. What other promotional items can I offer as incentives?

Aside from discounts and gift certificates, you can also offer other promotional items to your hostesses as incentives. This can include free products, special bundles, or even exclusive hostess-only products. Be creative and think of items that your hostesses would appreciate and enjoy.

5. How do I make sure that offering incentives doesn't impact my profits?

Offering discounts and promotional items can be a great way to boost your catalog show sales, but it's important to consider the impact on your profits. Make sure to factor in the cost of the incentives when setting your prices and be strategic in choosing which incentives to offer. You can also limit the number of incentives available or set a minimum sales amount for the hostess to qualify for the incentive to ensure that it doesn't affect your profits too much.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brandie
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Sk8Mom209
  • Melissa Burkett
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • chefcook