• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Fundraising Profits: Commission Rates and Sales Thresholds Explained

In summary, the commission rates for fundraising increase from 15% to 17% once sales reach $15,000 and continue to rise with other sales. Fundraiser sales count towards increasing the total commission on other sales. It is recommended to submit fundraisers as fundraisers rather than as cooking shows. Donating from personal commission is still considered a fundraiser and can be claimed as income on taxes if a receipt is obtained. However, it may not be considered a consultant gift or deductible expense. For example, if a fundraiser generates $3000 in sales and there are an additional $1000 in show sales, the $1000 would be paid at the $4000 level of commission.
gailz2
Gold Member
Does anyone know if fundraising commission rates are set at 15%, then 17% if sales are above $15,000, go up further as do other sales. For instance, if monthly sales are above $750 then $1250 they continue to rise. Does the fundraising amount get added into this and rise also?

I've read on here about the benefits of submitting it as a cooking show and using free products for raffles, etc., but a friend of mine in a nearby town didn't do this, not realizing the commission rate was different at all.

gailz2 said:
Does anyone know if fundraising commission rates are set at 15%, then 17% if sales are above $15,000, go up further as do other sales. For instance, if monthly sales are above $750 then $1250 they continue to rise. Does the fundraising amount get added into this and rise also?

I've read on here about the benefits of submitting it as a cooking show and using free products for raffles, etc., but a friend of mine in a nearby town didn't do this, not realizing the commission rate was different at all.

No they don't. You get 15% until your career sales are at $15000, then 17%.

But the fundraiser sales do count to raise the total for commission on all other sales. If it's a fundraiser it should be called a fundraiser. The only time I would do it as a cooking show is if it's a group that has a kitchen and wants to go a "kitchen shower" - get new things for their kitchen. If it's a group that is looking to raise money it needs to be submitted as a fundraiser.

So if her fundraiser was $3000, and other monthly sales were $600, does she get the next percentage step increase?

You can conduct a fundraiser, donate from your personal commission, and it is still a fundraiser. If you donate from your commission, you still need to claim that as income on your taxes. If it is a bona fide tax-exempt charity, get a receipt and you can write it off. (How you choose to handle the free products issue is something you decide. I know not everyone agrees on this, but that is why we are independent. :))

I think someone asked earlier about whether this could be considered a 'consultant gift' and deductable that way. I am not a tax accountant, but I have a really good one who is calls things pretty straight-forward. A key term involving deductions is 'reasonable'. I don't think this would pass the test...but this isn't my expertise.

gailz2 said:
So if her fundraiser was $3000, and other monthly sales were $600, does she get the next percentage step increase?

Her $600 in sales would be commissionable at the $2500 level. If her fr was $3000 and she had another $1000 in show sales the $1000 would be paid at the $4000 level.

Related to Maximizing Fundraising Profits: Commission Rates and Sales Thresholds Explained

1. What is the commission rate for fundraising with Pampered Chef?

The commission rate for fundraising with Pampered Chef is 20% of the total sales from the fundraiser.

2. Do we have to meet a minimum sales goal to receive commission for our fundraiser?

No, there is no minimum sales goal required to receive commission for your fundraiser with Pampered Chef.

3. How often do we receive our fundraising commission?

Fundraising commissions are paid out once a month, typically within the first week of the following month.

4. Are there any fees or costs associated with fundraising commission?

No, there are no fees or costs associated with fundraising commission from Pampered Chef. All commission earned is paid out in full to the fundraiser organizer.

5. Can we choose to receive our fundraising commission as products instead of cash?

Yes, you can choose to use your commission earnings to purchase Pampered Chef products at a discounted rate. This can be a great way to stock your kitchen or use as prizes for your fundraiser participants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
stacywhitlow