• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Customer Follow-Up: Tips for Calling at the Right Time

I told her you were out of the country and to please leave a message," and then Jane gets really mad when Sally leaves her messages. And it's always so hard to remember everyone's name, especially when they're all yelling at me. Ann R - That is a great tip! I am going to try it on my next show.
KHolmes
I am two months into my consultant days with Pampered Chef and I am loving every minute, but I know that I need to follow up with the customers to make sure everything is ok, future product sales, possible hosts, etc. I know all this - my problem is I never know when to call people. My first few shows everyone had email addresses so I just emailed them to thank them and make sure everything was ok. I also suggested different uses for the main products they purcahsed. Most responded back with thank yous and how much they love the products.

My thought was that if they did not respond back by email I could then call and follow up that way. But with the email I am not bothering them in the middle of dinner, bath time, tv time, etc. So my past 2 shows have not had many email addresses, so I decided to try some calls. It was not good - I felt like I was bothering most of them or they were annoyed that I called. I did tell them who I was and remind them of whos party I was from and then asked if it was a good time. They all said no and before I could really ask what would be a better time, they were off the phone. I started with the guests that had spend the most money ($100 +) and they had major products purcahsed (most likely host as well), but no bite.

So my questions am I calling at a bad time? How do you decide when to call? I thought between 7 and 8 at night would be ok because 5 or 6 people are getting home, cooking, etc. Most of them only leave 1 phone so I am using that phone. If they have multiple then I look at the one that is checked, but not all of them check off a contact (phone or email), so do I just not call them.

Any help is appreciated.

Kimbery, with summer sometimes it's hard to get a hold of people. My director has suggested sometimes 5:30-6 just when they get home. I have tried this and got a hold of people. Now it maybe 8:30-9 because people are outside more. If you are able to make day time calls be sure and get their day time phone numbers and ask if this a good time to chat for a minute.

Ann R.

First, I have to confess that I'm REALLY bad at making customer care calls. That said, a cluster-mate has had good luck with telling people at her shows that "I make random calls after the products are delivered to check whether they're OK and to see if anyone needs tips or assistance. Please include your phone number and the best time to reach you on your order form." Then the customers know that if she calls, it's just a "check in" and they don't get all defensive, thinking she's just calling to get a booking. And the "random" indication, gives her an out just in case she's too busy to make more than a couple calls.

Ann R - Thank you for the timing. I may try a little earlier (maybe use the weather as an indicator). I have neem fairly good with staying in touch with my hosts, so I am hoping as long as the host talk to the guests that they will relay if anyone is in need. Next time I make ask the host about some of the guests use. I guess because I got use to talking to the host and really helped each of their sales they are ok talking with me - they know I am helping them.

Ann S- I like that idea - I am going to try it on my next show. I really do want to make sure everything is ok first and foremost and then if I show or sale happens that is just an added bonus. We are trying to make customers for life right.

Thanks

I also tell my guests that I am calling them to make sure the products they ordered are what they want. Because I always have a guest at my show that says that she didn't like the product or it was broken or already had it and you won't know that information unless you have called them.

I am not always good at making calls either, but I am trying.

Ann R.

OOHHHHH I LOVE the random thing, because sometimes I don't make calls because I don't want Sally to say to Jane, "so that lovely Pampered Chef consultant called me yesterday to check on my products!" and then Jane say, "WHAT ABOUT ME?!"

i like that random thing too - of course to be honest most of my calls are rather random. I need to make a better effort at CC and not just looking for bookings.

amy07 said:
i like that random thing too - of course to be honest most of my calls are rather random. I need to make a better effort at CC and not just looking for bookings.

Like calling you big brother?!? :)

jasonmva said:
Like calling you big brother?!? :)

ya know, we keep saying that you are my big brother, but I bet you are really my "younger" brother!:p

Every time I call someone the first thing I ask (after introducing myself) is "did I catch you at a good time?" That way I am not interrupting them. They can say no and then I ask when is a better time to call them back.

I try to stay away from dinnertime and don't call past 9 p.m. but other than that, any time is fair game.

Generally, I call between 7 and 8 p.m., unless someone tells me a better time. I try not to call after 8 because I know people who really don't like to have their TV shows interrupted. Primetime starts at 8 where I live.

1. What is the average wait time for a customer care call?

The average wait time for a customer care call is approximately 10 minutes. However, wait times may vary depending on call volume and the complexity of the issue.

2. How can I reduce my wait time for a customer care call?

To reduce your wait time for a customer care call, we recommend utilizing our online resources such as our FAQs and troubleshooting guides. You can also schedule a call back through our website for a specific time slot.

3. Are there peak hours for customer care calls?

Yes, our peak hours for customer care calls are typically between 11am-2pm EST. We suggest calling outside of these hours for shorter wait times.

4. Can I request to speak with a specific customer care representative?

While we cannot guarantee that you will speak with a specific representative, you can request to speak with a representative who has previously assisted you by providing their name or employee ID number.

5. How can I provide feedback about my customer care call experience?

You can provide feedback about your customer care call experience by completing a survey that will be emailed to you after your call. Your feedback helps us improve our services for all customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • keynibear
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pchef2008
  • dkitten13