• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Bookings: Essential Tips for Struggling Direct Sales Consultants

In summary, Vivian is looking for advice on how to get more bookings. She is facing almost being done with her career as a hostess. She has two shows this month and only two next month. Vivian recommends making customer care calls, offering referrals, and "pampering" a business with a gift and leaving catalogs.
Becky0216
I need all the help I can get from you all. PLEASE!!! I know I am annoying and complain and ask too many questions. But I am almost dead in the water now. With the few bad shows I had, I am left with only 2 bookings out of all of them. I have 2 shows this month and only 2 next month. After that I am done.
I have a cooking show this weekend with 10 guests confirmed. This is someone I am doing a party swap for (premiere jewelery) so I am worried they will be parytied out from helping their friend. What wonderful advice or tips can you all share with me to get something out of this?
Thanks

You are looking pretty good, at least you have some bookings on the calendar! It's a great start. You won't have a full schedule all the time but if you work on it, the bookings will happen. Who knows, at your show this weekend you could get 4 bookings.

You are doing good. I have one show on my calendar and no hope for more!

I have a worksheet I did years ago about "Kick Starting Your Business". If you want me to e-mail you a copy, shoot me an e-mail to [email protected]. I am not sure how to post files to this site but if you like what you see then I'll try to find out if I can post it online.

Positive Energy and a Goal of future bookings will be what you need to have before you walk through the door of your next hostess' house.

You can do it, if you want it.

Vivian

Have you called everyone on your list of 100?
Make customer care calls. Even if you only get 1 booking from it, that's one more than you have now.
When you make those calls, ask for referrals. Offer a small gift to people who give you a name/number that results in a booking.

Becky0216 said:
I need all the help I can get from you all. PLEASE!!! I know I am annoying and complain and ask too many questions. But I am almost dead in the water now. With the few bad shows I had, I am left with only 2 bookings out of all of them. I have 2 shows this month and only 2 next month. After that I am done.
I have a cooking show this weekend with 10 guests confirmed. This is someone I am doing a party swap for (premiere jewelery) so I am worried they will be parytied out from helping their friend. What wonderful advice or tips can you all share with me to get something out of this?
Thanks
You are doing fine. Go into the shows with a positive attitude and have fun. You will get bookings if you ask everyone and try to get the date on your calendar before you leave the show. The jewelry people may be jewelry'd out but many are hungry for our products so don't go thinking you won't get bookings. You may even get a recruit - often friends want to do DS but don't want to do the same one as their friend so her friends are prime prospects for you.

It's all about your attitude.

Did you ever check out eventlister.com? Maybe you can drum up some business at a craft fair or street fair.

You are doing great!!! Just stay positive!!! :)
I offered a Dollar Days special that I got from someone on this website and that has helped and a booking tree iwht a free gift has helped me as well.
Try to "pamper a business" Ask if you can bring in a sweet treat and leave catalogs for a catalog party. I am doing that for 3 businesses right now. I got about 10 no's and 3 yes and 3 maybes. it is worth a shot and not everyone will do it, but 3 is better than 0 :)

Well you sound good so far. I have a vendor show tomorrow and that's it! I pray that I get two bookings for this month and next!

You have more shows than I have right now LOL I have nothing for April, but on May 3rd and 4th I have shows. On May 7th and 8th I have a corporate fair I am setting up for. And on May 10th I am going to be setting up at a fundraiser fair. I do have one show for June but nothing in between so hopefully that will change the first week in May :)

4 shows on the calendar is a great start! I would recommend using a booking binder at your show to help paint a picture of why they should host a show. I would also recommend doing the full service check out and asking every single person if they want to get their friends together and make a recipe. Just have fun with it and you will be great! Good luck and tell us how it turns out!

You are doing great !!!! Just keep asking !!!!!

Becky0216 said:
Thanks

You have FOUR more shows on the books...how is that dead in the water?
Adopt a positive attitude and you'll get bookings at each of those shows...who would you rather do business with, Tigger or Eeyore? Most people would choose Tigger, dontcha think?

I am feeling much better since my show Sunday. I got 4 bookings out of it. Right now I am pretty happy. currently I have 5 catalog shows going on top of my other shows. I think I was having a bad few days where I felt as if I was going to do those 4 shows and not get bookings. I just don't want to fail at this, I want it so bad.,

Becky0216 said:
I am feeling much better since my show Sunday. I got 4 bookings out of it. Right now I am pretty happy. currently I have 5 catalog shows going on top of my other shows. I think I was having a bad few days where I felt as if I was going to do those 4 shows and not get bookings. I just don't want to fail at this, I want it so bad.,

May I recommend you read a book called The Secret? It's all about the power of positive thinking.I think it would help you tremendously :)

I have always had a problem with being positive. On the surface you would think I was by meeting me. But inside I always have so much doubt. Not to mention the times I am positive, I end up disapointed. I will look into that book. Anything that will help is worth a shot.

another thing i recommend is reading chef success. it helps me stay grounded in reality with regard to bookings, sales, and recruiting.

Susan -

Is chef success a book or are you referring to the site??

Maybe my brain isn't working yet this morning

Related to Maximizing Bookings: Essential Tips for Struggling Direct Sales Consultants

1. How can I increase my bookings as a direct sales consultant?

There are several ways to increase your bookings as a direct sales consultant. First, make sure you are consistently reaching out to potential hosts and following up with them. You can also offer incentives or rewards for hosting a party, such as free products or discounts. Additionally, make use of social media and other online platforms to reach a larger audience and promote your business. Building relationships with current customers and asking for referrals can also be helpful in generating more bookings.

2. What should I do if I am struggling to book parties?

If you are struggling to book parties, try evaluating your current approach and making some adjustments. Perhaps you need to expand your reach and try new methods of reaching potential hosts, such as hosting a virtual party or partnering with local businesses. You can also reach out to your upline or other successful consultants for tips and advice on booking parties. Don't be afraid to try new things and be persistent in your efforts.

3. Is it important to follow up with potential hosts?

Yes, following up with potential hosts is crucial in booking parties. Many people may be interested in hosting a party but get busy or forget to follow through. By following up, you are reminding them and showing your enthusiasm for working with them. It also shows that you value their time and are committed to making their party a success.

4. What are some creative ways to incentivize party bookings?

There are many creative ways to incentivize party bookings. Some ideas include offering a discount or free product to the host for reaching a certain sales goal, hosting a raffle for guests who book a party at the event, or offering a special theme or activity for the party, such as a cooking demonstration or DIY project. You can also offer a referral program where hosts can earn rewards for referring friends and family to host a party.

5. How can I use social media to increase my bookings?

Social media can be a powerful tool for increasing bookings as a direct sales consultant. You can use platforms like Facebook and Instagram to showcase your products, host virtual parties, and reach a larger audience. Utilize hashtags, join online groups related to your products, and engage with potential hosts and customers through posts and messaging. You can also offer special promotions or discounts for those who book parties through social media.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• niccibyrd
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
niccibyrd
  • KrisGio
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chefpenny99
Replies