• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Bookings: Tips from a TPC Pro and Community Member

In summary, this community is great for finding ideas and resources for booking cooking shows. However, this individual is afraid to recruit at this time because they want to build their own business. There are also many different threads on this topic that can be helpful.
MommyCooks
I am so so so so happy I found this community! I signed up in April, have been using TPC products for almost 10 years, and have dried up on bookings! I had 2 cooking shows and 1 catalog show that got me to about $1700, so I was recognized at our Sales meetings as my directors highest seller. But, this month I have only had 1 show and am doing a show of my own on Tuesday because a host flaked on me. I recruited my first 2 show hosts, so those bookings from their shows went to them. Ho hum!! I need help! I would LOVE to do 2 shows a week, but I feel like I am annoying my list of 100 with my emails, invites, etc.

What has you alls' experience been?

Thanks,
K:eek:

offer incentives for booking at your show: pick a date pick a prize, additional 10% off host special, etc. Try to find a booth this summer. Hope this helps

Mommycooks, first and foremost...
CONGRATULATIONS!!
on signing 2 people onto your team so early in your career!

There are tons of ideas on this site. Go to the word search on your Chef Success menu bar and type in the word bookings. You will get a bazillion different threads to choose from that all contain the word bookings but it is a start. Also, there is a thread called Bookings that has a treasure chest full of ideas.

Perhaps going back to the 100 list and asking those that you feel you are bugging if they know of anyone that maybe interested in a fun cooking party with a great summer theme, "Thrill of the Grill", "Ice Cream Social"...my mind is blank right now but I know there is more!

And as Nanisu mentioned booths and fairs can generate new leads for you. Just go on Consultants Corner and there is an audio to listen to to help you set this up for the most effective results.

Keep on cookin!:chef:

MommyCooks said:
I am so so so so happy I found this community! I signed up in April, have been using TPC products for almost 10 years, and have dried up on bookings! I had 2 cooking shows and 1 catalog show that got me to about $1700, so I was recognized at our Sales meetings as my directors highest seller. But, this month I have only had 1 show and am doing a show of my own on Tuesday because a host flaked on me. I recruited my first 2 show hosts, so those bookings from their shows went to them. Ho hum!! I need help! I would LOVE to do 2 shows a week, but I feel like I am annoying my list of 100 with my emails, invites, etc.

What has you alls' experience been?

Thanks,
K:eek:

Hi... I'm new also and this is my fear! I don't want to recruit right now, I want to build my own business first. I figure if somebody has a burning desire to know more about the business opportunity, they will let me know on their survey. Of course I wouldn't turn anyone away from the opportunity, but when I'm just starting out, I don't want to share bookings right now. Anyone else agree?

Plus... for me personally, I've always been a little turned off by recruiting when I have been a guest at past shows, for whatever product was being sold. It just doesn't make sense to see high prices in a catalog and hear the consultant boast about how she paid off her credit cards at the same time. I'd rather focus on the value of the product! Just me??

wow. Okay, first, as Ann E says, MommyCooks, you rock! to share this opportunity with people so early. I am signing up in Sept, and I hope to do the same. (Jackie, here's why I want to recruit. I am in my 50's, and a post from Sheila about a month ago made me realize how much different my life would have been if I had had something like this in my early 20's. My life is lovely now, but I had many hard years and really struggled with personal development. The younger me would have had a lot more self confidence and been much more comfortable if I had something like this to help me come out of my shell.And as to the prices, yes, you can get a cookie sheet for less, but will it be as well made? And will someone come to your house and teach you how to use it? If you change your mind, can you take it back 2 weeks later?Over the years, I have shopped for quality kitchen goods in a lot of places, and I think for the quality, these are fairly priced. My question to myself is this: ok, this is a great thingy, (whatever it is) and it will do x, y, and Z. Do I need a thingy that does all that? or will the cheap one from the grocery store do the trick? And then I decide. Sometimes it's the cheap one, sometimes it's the great one.But my big worry is the one that MommyCooks brings up--how to break out of the same circle of friends and family. Tell me what you think of this plan. I learned it from watching my director at a new recruit's show. She was talking to the group about booking, so I'm rewording it for when I am talking about myself, something like: "the best way you can help me is by hosting a party and inviting people that don't know me, so I'm not calling only you guys to host parties for me. Help me expand my circle."I'd love to hear any feedback on this, and i hope your feedback could help MommyCooks and Jackie.all the best, marghi
Newbie-to-be

Marghi, you rock! You are a cheerleader, therapist, best-friend and voice-of-reason for all of us. I'm thrilled to know you (and thank you for your telephone call the other day.)D

BlueMoon said:
But my big worry is the one that MommyCooks brings up--how to break out of the same circle of friends and family. Tell me what you think of this plan. I learned it from watching my director at a new recruit's show. She was talking to the group about booking, so I'm rewording it for when I am talking about myself, something like: "the best way you can help me is by hosting a party and inviting people that don't know me, so I'm not calling only you guys to host parties for me. Help me expand my circle."

I'd love to hear any feedback on this, and i hope your feedback could help MommyCooks and Jackie.

A couple of the ways I thought to get "out" of my circle.. is to get hostess with VERY different friend circles, ones that do not intersect. One from your S.O's friends, one from your friends, one from work, one from a cousin.
The other way is using your neighborhood.. and the one 3 blocks over. Print a flyer, walk it around and tuck them on mail boxes and doors.. invite them to a Grand Opening or to Host.

My first cooking show is this Friday.. I'm really excited to get started!

Good Video On BookingsHi and congratulations on an awesome start to your business. You are not alone in having a rough time after a good start. The whole concept of using friends and family as your primary customers is a flawed system. It is really not your fault. Check out this http://www.createacashflowshow.com/building-show-business/how-to-generate-direct-sales-leads.htm and other articles on the same site.

The only way to fail in this business is to stop! So stay committed and never give up. You do have what it takes, you have already proven that!

DeannaK1022 said:
A couple of the ways I thought to get "out" of my circle.. is to get hostess with VERY different friend circles, ones that do not intersect. One from your S.O's friends, one from your friends, one from work, one from a cousin.
The other way is using your neighborhood.. and the one 3 blocks over. Print a flyer, walk it around and tuck them on mail boxes and doors.. invite them to a Grand Opening or to Host.My first cooking show is this Friday.. I'm really excited to get started!
Great idea, Deanna! I could totally hit some of the other developments in my area! Thank you!!Congratulations on your new business, and have a great, fantastic, fun show!Marghi

What are some creative ways to get more bookings as a Pampered Chef consultant?

1. Host a virtual cooking party: With the rise of virtual events, hosting a virtual cooking party is a great way to showcase Pampered Chef products and generate interest in booking a party.

2. Offer incentives: Consider offering incentives for guests who book a party, such as free products or discounted items.

3. Partner with local businesses: Collaborate with local businesses, such as spas or hair salons, to host joint events and introduce their clients to Pampered Chef products.

4. Utilize social media: Use social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram to showcase products and share information about booking parties.

5. Ask for referrals: Don't be afraid to ask satisfied customers for referrals. Word-of-mouth marketing can be very effective in generating new bookings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cewcooks
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
LBurke
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Malinda Klein
  • Crisab62