• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Bookings: Tips for Overcoming Party Hosting Fears

Now, I know that this is a lot of information, but I want you to be really sure that hosting your show is the best decision you'll ever make. After presenting the coupons, I always ask the host to help me get people to book so she can take advantage of the host special at their show. I usually say something like:"Would you be willing to help me book this show? I know you've got a lot of people to choose from, and you can earn some great rewards for doing so."I do this because I know that a lot of hosts are really busy, and they don't have time to do everything themselves. I usually get about 50%
cewcooks
At a feb show I had 20 guests and no bookings and I did ask everyone so for my next show I decided to play a get to know you game and booking game, when I got to the part when I said give yourself 100 points for dateing your show tonight everyone stopped and there was an awkward pause and later I found a scratch piece of paper that someone had scribbled on their paper as I got to that point. I feel I am confident in my show presentation and there were 2 ladies there that have been to previous shows so I didn't want to bore anyone, but I don't understand why people are so afraid to host?? I'm getting discouraged because I only have 1 show for April!! and only 1 more chance/show this month:grumpy: :grumpy:

That's awesome that you're feeling confident in your presentation!It would help us better to help you if you told us a few things:1. What are you SAYING to people when you ask them to book? (Specifically)
2. What are you demoing? Are you showing high priced items? If not, there is no need to book to get them free or discounted.
3. Are you asking your host to help you get people to book so she can take advantage of the host special at their show?
4. How many times during your demo are you talking about bookings?
5. Are you overcoming objections before they come up? (Like my house is too small, I don't know anyone, etc.)
6. Where are you on your list of 100?Let us know how you're doing these things and we can make some suggestions that might be able to help you... :)

I know booking games work for some people, but they just feel awkward and uncomfortable to me. When I go to shows where they are played - I feel pressured and manipulated. Personally, I would never book a show from a booking game.
The reasons I would book a show:

Because I had fun
Because I really wanted the host bonus
Because I couldn't afford all that I wanted

I also think that it's a lot harder to book at large parties. People look at the # of guests and think "wow, my house could never fit all these people" or "I don't even know this many people to invite". So they just say no - because they think they can't do it. Whenever I have a large show, I always comment on the size and say something to the tune of "this is great - most of my shows are 8-12 people, so this is exciting to be with such a big group tonight!"

The other thing I do is use the booking coupons. I thank my host, give her a SB, and then present her with the coupons one by one, and explain exactly what the benefits are for hosting a show.

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• bookingcouponswd(2).doc
    167 KB · Views: 483
Becky,
Thank you for posting your coupons! I've not seen these before, but think they look pretty cool! Can you elaborate a little on how you present them at a show?
Thanks!
Paula

ChefBeckyD said:
I also think that it's a lot harder to book at large parties. This has been my experience as well. Whenever I have a large show, I always comment on the size and say something to the tune of "this is great - most of my shows are 8-12 people, so this is exciting to be with such a big group tonight!" I try to say something like this too. . .however with a big crowd sometimes it's hard to get a word in edgewise.

Becky usually says what I'm thinking. Saves me from having to type so much.

Paula R. Lewis said:
Becky,
Thank you for posting your coupons! I've not seen these before, but think they look pretty cool! Can you elaborate a little on how you present them at a show?
Thanks!
Paula

Actually - I got them from someone on here!:eek:

How I use them:

At the beginning of the show, I have my host standing next to me, and I thank her for hosting. I give her a SB, and say:

"Now, this is the first of many gifts and freebies and savings for Sue Host. Often I find that people are not sure why it's such a great deal to have a Cooking Show - so I want to show you what you can expect when you host your show. Tonight Sue will be receiving:

For a $500 show - which is a pretty normal show, but we all know Sue is way above normal - Sue will receive $90 in free product

She will also receive 2 items for half price. She can choose any 2 items in the catalog for 1/2 off - or for more bang for her buck, she can also choose any 2 of the host special groupings in the back of your catalog

After choosing free and half-off products, the savings continue, because anything else she wants in the catalog will be 25% off

She will also receive the Host Bonus for the month at 60% off. There is someone else in the room who is also very excited about the Host Bonus, because one of the other benefits is the Booking Benefit, which means that not only do you get the host bonus at your own show - you also get it at every show booked from yours. So, because Sue booked from Jane's show - Jane will also receive the Host bonus for 60% off tonight!

Sue will also receive free shipping on her order tonight, and because this is the host program that never has to end - she will also get 10% off anything she orders for a full year following her show!

And finally, I've saved the very best for last - if Sue decides that this looks like a lot of fun, and wants to join my team - she can choose to receive $20-$40 off the price of a New Consultant Kit....."(then I go into a brief recruiting spiel)

chefjeanine said:
Becky usually says what I'm thinking. Saves me from having to type so much.

LOL Jeanine! I just have a bigger mouth!:D

That's really good, Becky! Thanks so much for sharing! I really like how "smooth" it sounds, without being pushy at all!!

I was wondering how you handled the show total being $500, since so many are either above or below this amount, so that's great!

Have you had any comments from the host and/or the guests about explaining the host program this way? Do you have her keep all the coupons, or do you re-use them at the next show? 'Cause I was thinking, if you re-use them, you could laminate them, and just need one set!!

Paula

And you do this at the beginning of the show? I have heard that you shouldn't go into all of this at the very beginning because you don't haven't shown any products yet so people don't "want" anything yet. I know this must work for you because you get so many bookings! Doing it towards the end of the show isn't working for me at all because I am not getting any bookings at my shows! Maybe it's time to change things up!

I've been using the "store shopping spree" approach for several months.

Towards the end of my show I pick someone out of the crowd (I try to find someone I think may be interested in booking) and ask them where they like to shop (other than a grocery store).

Once I have a store I tell the story of this person, Suzie, going to (insert store name) with a few of her good friends. "The manager greets her. 'Suzie, we are so glad you came to see us today and brought some of your friends. Because you did, we'd like to give you a shopping spree. You get to choose $90 of products for free -- anything you want -- two items for 1/2 price and you'll get anything else you want for 25% off'. So, Suzie goes and fills her carts and goes to check out. The manager tells her 'because you are such a good customer of ours, we've got a few more rewards for you. Because you are shopping with us today, you can choose this item or this item for 60% off and, any time you come back for the next year you'll get 10% off of your purchase.' Suzie, has this happened to you lately at (insert store)?"

I usually ask if anyone has had this experience at any store lately and they laugh and say no. I then explain that these are the host benefits for my average host (be sure to use your own numbers). I go through them very quickly again and explain that I'll be asking them if they'd like to host a show when I speak to them during checkout.

Paula - yes, I have them laminated, and just reuse them at every show. And I am sooooo not pushy - that's why this works for me I think.

Sarah - yes, I do this at the very beginning of the show. I want them to be thinking about possibly booking from the get-go. Then, when I show the more expensive items, I let them know that item makes a great free/half-price item.

My bookings have definitely gone up since I started using these!

That rocks!!!!! I never thought of that! THANK YOU!

Becky, you're onto something here, I'm sure of it!!

Thanks so much! I have a show next week, so I may just have to use these!!

Paula

Thanks So much I will have to try that! I sprinkle booking hints throughout my demo/ last was powercooking so alot of good conversation about bringing all this fun to your house etc... I do get alot of "I don't have time and my house is too small...Thanks for all the suggestions!

A few weeks ago I found those booking coupons on here but now that I have this new information I can't wait for my next show! Thanks for all the wonderful advice!

To follow up with the booking coupons -

I had a show Monday night, and I was more aware of how the coupons play out during my show. Because I have talked about all of the benefits of hosting at the start - it's very easy to continue talking about it during the show.

There were 8 guests at the show, and we did the Cheeseburger Salad as an interactive show. As people were using the products - the 10" skillet - one person really wanted that, so I mentioned that it could be one of her 1/2 off products at her show. The Ultimate Mandoline - 3 people actually used it, and I talked about the June host bonus (and the host was all over being able to get it for 60% off!), We played with the Salad Spinner, and I had a couple people spin the lettuce for the salad - mentioned that it was a host bonus for April......Also talked about how almost all of the tools we were using come in the Starter Kit for consultants.

The results:

1 booking for April (and she took my closest available date!)
2 bookings for June
1 recruit lead - she is one of the June bookings, and I'm almost sure she will sign at her show!:thumbup:

Almost had a 4th booking - but her mom was the April booking, so she decided to book from her mom's show for June.

thanks for the ideas guys! You all rock... my bookings have been petering off lately and I've been having to work the phone WAY harder than I want to. I'm going to try putting some of these ideas into my April shows!!!

Related to Boost Your Bookings: Tips for Overcoming Party Hosting Fears

1. What does "No Bookings Once Again" mean?

"No Bookings Once Again" refers to a period of time, typically a month or more, where a Pampered Chef consultant is not allowed to schedule any new parties or events in order to focus on existing orders and customers.

2. Why does Pampered Chef have a "No Bookings Once Again" policy?

The "No Bookings Once Again" policy is in place to ensure that consultants are able to provide excellent customer service to their current customers and fulfill orders in a timely manner. It also allows them to take a break and recharge before taking on new bookings.

3. Can I still attend parties during a "No Bookings Once Again" period?

Yes, you can still attend parties during a "No Bookings Once Again" period. Consultants will still be hosting and fulfilling orders for parties that were booked prior to the start of the period. However, no new parties can be scheduled during this time.

4. How often does Pampered Chef have a "No Bookings Once Again" period?

The frequency of "No Bookings Once Again" periods can vary, but typically they occur once or twice a year. The duration of the period also varies, but it is usually a month or less.

5. Can I still place orders during a "No Bookings Once Again" period?

Yes, you can still place orders during a "No Bookings Once Again" period. Consultants will still be fulfilling orders for existing parties and customers. However, new parties cannot be scheduled during this time, so if you are interested in hosting a party, you will need to wait until the period is over.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Malinda Klein
  • Bill Faber
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Cr8vKitchen