• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing a Craft Show Booth: Tips for Creative Success!

In summary, Teresa is sharing her experience of exhibiting at a craft show this Saturday, and provides tips on how to make the most of the event. She mentions that it is important to keep things simple, and offers advice on ways to stand out from the competition. She also discusses the importance of lead generation and offers a drawing for someone interested in her services.
Jules711
Silver Member
I'm sure that there are threads out there with advice, but I thought I'd just ask anyway. I was able to get a booth at a big craft show this Saturday (big for this area). It's very well attended with craft vendors as well as direct sales consultants. I've seen PC consultants there before with a bowl full of names. They keep their display fairly simple with new products mostly. However, I do have items available for sale as well. That can kind of clutter the area a little. I'm also sharing the booth with a CM consultant, which is really how I got in. That's an issue as well...it's an 8x10 space and I'm not sure how to set it up. I love all of the files (coupons, flyers), but I'm freaking out! :confused: Help!:confused:

Here is coupon that I got off of here and I put my info in it.

So change it to your info

Don't forgot to use your tool turn about fwith crafting things inside, your SA small bowls, petite bowls, bar board, bamboo tongs, quikut paring knives - colored ones would be great to remember what they use each color for, kitchen shears, creative cutters, hold 'n slice, and so on

Everything may be small things but it will get your foot in the door and if they host a show they will be able to get the big stuff FREE

~

Attachments

• Coupons 002 - booth.doc
    70 KB · Views: 510
Vendor events are for leads and bookings. Offer a drawing for something - maybe even a combo prize with the CM consultant - and get people to fill out DPDS. Then make sure you follow up with them otherwise your effort will be for naught. Also, this is a great way to use up your old catalogs. Hand them out to everyone who comes by. Save the new ones for people who book or are interested in the opportunity.

I have done lots of fairs/booths all shapes and sizes. The one thing I try to do is Keep it simple!
I would bring whatever you have that is new or on special in the next few months. I would also bring a few of your favorites or best sellers. Try to add dimension to your display. I usually use my crate at the back end of my table. It also works great to hide extra catalogs and drawing slips behind. As for the items you have for sale I would either make a sign saying "some products available for sale today" or something like that. Then you could keep those things under your table. Otherwise, depending on what it is try to make up a small display (not more than 2' of your space).

Yes old catalogs are great to hand out freely. If they want an updated one ask them to fill out a slip and you will mail it to them. I had to do this for my county fair last year. It was a week before the fall catalogs were due out so it created interest, and made it easier to get peoples info.

Remember your are trying to get leads and create excitement! Also if you look like you are having fun it makes a big difference!

etteluap70PC said:
If they want an updated one ask them to fill out a slip and you will mail it to them. I had to do this for my county fair last year. It was a week before the fall catalogs were due out so it created interest, and made it easier to get peoples info.

I like that line! I'll have to use it at the expo next weekend!

I know that it's for leads, but I also sell about $200-300 at the smaller direct sales expos with only about 15 consultants. About 1/2 is usually from cash n carry. I realize that orders may be more difficult at a large show since they have a ton more to look at. I do want to have decent space for my cash n carry. It's what tends to set me apart from other consultants. I've sold $100 to one person (some things were actually MINE) b/c she doesn't like to order. Everything else seems to be what I typically do. Keep it simple, keep it simple. Everything in me wants to make it complicated so I can cater to every person that walks by. I will try NOT to do that. :)

I'm not sure I understood your message Teresa.:confused: Are you just saying to have my tool turn about with? Were the other items intended to be suggestions for the coupon? I did find that one and plan to use it. Thanks!

I think for the tool turn about----use it to show that it holds other items besides kitchen tools.....such as CM scissors and craft tools....(Is that what you meant Teresa?)

I don't mean to step on anyones toes with this question, but I am curious. My director has told me that we are not allowed to sell cash and carry. I took this to mean that we could not order extra items intending to sell them outright. Is this true?

sillylittlechef said:
I don't mean to step on anyones toes with this question, but I am curious. My director has told me that we are not allowed to sell cash and carry. I took this to mean that we could not order extra items intending to sell them outright. Is this true?
It's not encouraged, but there is a procedure for ordering items for cash and carry. Most consultants I know use fairs as an opportunity to sell the extras of things that we all seem to end up with (earned duplicates, things that were added to a show to bump it up, retired products, etc.)

Check the Policies and Procedures document on CC for more info.

I don't think we can buy and then sell but if you have a guest changes their mind and you have already submitted the order and they want their money back, then I have given them their money and then I will sell it then because to me, it would cost even more money to send it back.

The tool turn about can be used for those things and paint brushes, rulers, crocketing/knitting (sp??) needles, I have two white ones 1 for my kitchen and the other for my shows - but now I will take the one for my show and put my tools from my workshop into them ( and yes I said my workshop - my husband knows very little about tools - power tools especially - when gift giving time comes he will shop at the hardware department at Wal-Mart or at Lowes for me - I love working with wood and making things - I have a lot of wooden yard decorations - the smell of saw dust is a good thing)

~

Mostly, what I sell are items that I no longer need/want to show at shows. I can only have so many products and many I don't even really use. Some I've purchased (to show) and some I've earned. I don't see a problem with it. After all, if I did purchase it, PC already got the money. I kind of see it as a prepaid order. I prepaid it for them. It's surprising how that stuff adds up. I've also had people change there mind about something like SA and yikes...don't really want to pay for return shipping on that!!I think we are about the only direct sales company that isn't encourage to sell cash n carry! But I think it's about how we get paid (tax issues) more than anything. As I said before, sometimes it's my own items people purchase. Who am I to say no to a sale?? I offer to order it for them, but they want to take it now. What's the difference if I order a new of for them or replace mine?

What are the best ways to attract customers to my craft show booth?

To attract customers to your craft show booth, you should focus on creating an eye-catching display. Use bright colors, unique props, and well-designed signage to draw attention. You can also offer samples of your products or hold a demonstration to engage potential customers.

How can I make the most out of limited space in my craft show booth?

If you have limited space in your craft show booth, it's important to prioritize your display. Use vertical space by hanging products or displaying them on shelves. Utilize multi-functional furniture, such as a storage ottoman that can also serve as a seating area for customers. You can also rotate your products throughout the day to keep your display fresh and interesting.

What should I consider when pricing my products for a craft show?

When pricing your products for a craft show, you should consider the cost of materials, the time and effort put into creating the product, and the market value. It's also important to factor in any fees or expenses associated with the craft show. You should also consider offering a variety of price points to appeal to different customers.

How can I effectively organize my inventory in my craft show booth?

To organize your inventory in your craft show booth, consider grouping similar products together and keeping them at eye level. Use clear labeling and signage to make it easy for customers to find what they are looking for. It's also important to regularly restock and tidy up your booth throughout the day to maintain a professional and inviting appearance.

What are some effective ways to engage with customers at a craft show?

To engage with customers at a craft show, you can offer product demonstrations, provide information about your business and products, and offer samples or promotions. It's also important to be friendly and approachable, and to ask open-ended questions to start conversations with potential customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedchef88
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • leftymac
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies