• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximize Your Summertime Parties: Weekdays vs Weekends

In summary, it seems that during the summer, parties are better attended during the week than on the weekends. However, it depends on the location.
pamperedmomto3
Do you find that summertime parties are better during the week as opposed to weekends?

That's the rumour I have heard. Honestly I have never noticed a difference.
I think I tend to be more casuasl in the summer. So my hosts are also. The only thing I have noticed is that you should tell them you close your shows the day of. So she needs to have her outside orders before then.

It may depend on your location.

Here, there is a definite difference during the summer - possibly because summer is so short. During the school year, Saturday brunch shows are my best shows, and the ones that are booked the quickest. For the summer, my last Sat show is next week. And I'm hoping the weather isn't very nice.....

For instance - yesterday, my host was expecting 8-10, and only 3 showed up. She was so disappointed. But people kept calling her and saying things like their family had decided to go to the beach, or that they needed to get their gardens/lawn work/pool cleaning done. That may sound bad - but if you live here, you totally understand - you have to take advantage of the weather while you can!

My Weeknight bookings are great though! I have 7 shows for July already, so it's not that people won't book....they just want their weekends free! That's okay - it means I don't have to work weekends during the summer!:D

What I meant Becky, but way more informative.
I love! the July Booking incentive so far I have 5 shows that week 2 of them daytime.
Just gets people to be more creative.
Ummmm, I do need some earlier in the month though. Only have 1 before conference!

I'm finding my hosts are preferring shows during the week. It seems a LOT of folks are really into camping around here so are gone Friday through Sunday... which even makes Friday night parties hard. So far in June, I have my first Tuesday night show and in July my first Weds night show... though I have 3 more split between those months on Friday nights or Saturdays ... I'd been really used to Friday and Saturday shows but am glad to try another night of the week, to help my hosts mesh a show in with what can be a VERY busy summer schedule.

I find weekend parties better attended than weekends, specially when the weather starts to get nicer.

BUT ~

The outcome of the parties are REALLY dependent on your host coaching and if your host is willing to make reminder calls and be excited. That's the bottom line IMO.

Kitchen2u said:
I find weekend parties better attended than weekends, specially when the weather starts to get nicer.

BUT ~

The outcome of the parties are REALLY dependent on your host coaching and if your host is willing to make reminder calls and be excited. That's the bottom line IMO.

Might be true in sunny Cali - but here in Michigan.....maybe not so much in the summer!:rolleyes:

I know this because I did great host coaching - and she had $200 in outside orders before the show....and I made the reminder calls, so I know they were made.....it's just that summer is short and unpredictable here, and people have to take advantage of the weather when they can. If it's a rainy and/or cold day - attendance is much better than on a sunny warm day - that's just the way it is here. And people flock to the beach on warm sunny weekends - or go camping, and alot of the time, these plans are last minute, because you have to watch the weather report so closely!

Related to Maximize Your Summertime Parties: Weekdays vs Weekends

1. Can you explain the difference between hosting a summertime party on a weekday versus a weekend?

Weekdays tend to be less busy for most people, making it easier to gather friends and family for a summertime party. On the other hand, weekends are typically when people have more free time and are more likely to attend a party. Hosting a party on a weekday may be more intimate and relaxed, while a weekend party may have a larger turnout and more energy.

2. How can I make sure my weekday party is still a success?

One way to make sure your weekday party is a success is to plan ahead and send out invitations well in advance. This will give your guests enough time to schedule accordingly and make arrangements to attend. Additionally, consider offering a more casual and laid-back atmosphere for a weekday party, such as a backyard BBQ or potluck style gathering.

3. What are the benefits of hosting a weekend summertime party?

Hosting a weekend summertime party allows for a larger guest list and potentially more diverse group of people. It also allows for a wider range of party activities and themes, as guests may have more time to participate. Additionally, weekend parties often have a more lively and energetic atmosphere.

4. Should I plan different types of food and drinks for a weekday versus a weekend party?

It is not necessary to have different menus for a weekday versus a weekend party. However, for a weekday party, consider offering easier and quicker options such as finger foods and simple cocktails. For a weekend party, you may have more time to prepare and can offer more elaborate dishes and specialty drinks.

5. What are some tips for maximizing my weekday summertime party?

To maximize your weekday summertime party, consider starting the party earlier in the evening to allow guests to attend after work. You can also offer a more relaxed dress code and encourage guests to come as they are. Keep the menu simple and offer activities that are easy to participate in, such as lawn games or a movie night. Lastly, make sure to have enough seating and create a cozy atmosphere for your guests to relax and enjoy the party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Ashley_Delio
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • daricsmom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
daricsmom
  • emiscookin