• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximize Your Hostess Incentives: Learn the Average Cost Per Show

In summary, Susie Host gives Season's Best to her hosts for their birthday, Christmas, and other special occasions. She spends about .60 on Season's Best per show, and spends about $10 total on incentives.
DeniseJoiner
About how much do you spend out of pocket for hostess incentives, per show?

$.60 for a Season's Best for each of my hosts. That's it. They get a lot from PC, so I don't think it's necessary for me to give much more. I'm trying to make money, not watch it slip through my fingers! ;)

I actually give them all a prep bowl filled with hershey kisses or maybe a theme like M &Ms with my business card and wrapped pretty with celo and ribbon - so out of pocket expense isn't really all that much - I usually stick some of the bowls on a friends show if she is the host at 30% - I only do 4 - 6 a month.

Its the first product I talk about and I sell a ton - plus I get a booking at everyshow - some say its because they want the chocolate!! LOL

$1.23

.60 Season's Best
.08 Votive Candle
.25 Bath Salt
.30 Bag to put it in

I put all of this in a small plain colored gift bag, with my business card on a maganet and tissue paper. When I am giving it the host, I tell her this is for when everyone is gone and she can "pamper" herself for a little while. All of them ask "Can I open it now?!" Of course they can!:) When she pulls out the Season's Best, I let everyone know that Susie Host is going to pass it around, so everyone can write a word that best describes her to them. That way she will always have a momento of the party.

I bought some cookbooks on the outlet - the Stoneware Sensations and I'll use those for booking incentives if I need shows. But in general I will only do a Season's Best. I bought the cookbooks before I decided to scale back what I was doing so I have some to burn through. I got sprinkles on my SIL's show when I first started and she had 30% off and I was giving those thinking it would boost my repeat sales of them... it didn't so I didn't continue that when I ran out.

PC provides a lot and I'm in this to make money - not give it away. It can add up really fast!

I've done a Season's Best and a Hold n Slice or a SB and spoon set from the supply order. The host likes it.

I try to add a little something with the SB simply because when I talk about what a great little cookbook it is - and for a $1.00 - I feel like a cheap skate giving that as the only thing. So, I'm always on the look out for $1.00 note card sets, or ty cards, something not always PC related....but personal. All of my hosts really like it and most make comments about it! I too have purchased some of the items from the outlet (like the acc. forks) and those are cheap little additions too! I just think only a SB isn't enough - for me to give.

I give a SB to my host, and also I give a SB to the past host who is there. If the past host already has that SB (from her show) than I let her take a pick from my gift bowl - which has older SB, citrus peelers, quickcut knives, etc....When presenting the SB, I always thank my host for inviting us into her home, and then I say that there is someone else I'd like to thank - the past host - because I would have never met the host w/o her....eta: I don't do a lot of extra incentives. In fact, almost never, but I did do one for the first 2 weeks of April - if you booked April 1-15, and you have a show with guest sales of $400 or more - I will give you your choice of the host bonus for half off the 60% off price. The most I am out is $10, and a couple of them already have the salad spinner, so are wanting the Bowl - so it's costing me $5. I offered this incentive, because in my 5 years of selling, I have never been able to get people to book during Easter/Spring Break time - and Spring Break is the 4th-11th this year. I REALLY want to earn Free Conference - I have the recruit, but needed the sales!I was able to book shows for the 3rd, the 5th, the 8th, the 10th, and the 15th! So, although I make it a rule to not always offer extra incentives - I think sometimes if you have a certain goal, and a specific time frame - it's okay to offer something. I will have spent $40, but I'll have a great commission check, plus conference for free, because I offered a small extra incentive.

Last edited:
c00p said:
I try to add a little something with the SB simply because when I talk about what a great little cookbook it is - and for a $1.00 - I feel like a cheap skate giving that as the only thing. So, I'm always on the look out for $1.00 note card sets, or ty cards, something not always PC related....but personal. All of my hosts really like it and most make comments about it! I too have purchased some of the items from the outlet (like the acc. forks) and those are cheap little additions too! I just think only a SB isn't enough - for me to give.

My hosts love getting the SB - but I also tell everyone that it is just the first of many gifts they will receive - including free, half-off, and discounted product.

ChefBeckyD said:
My hosts love getting the SB - but I also tell everyone that it is just the first of many gifts they will receive - including free, half-off, and discounted product.
Ditto. PC "pampers" them enough and I stress that at the beginning of the show! I don't feel "cheap" at all!

If they have $1,000 show, I pay for their postage, too.

I give a retired SB and tell them it's a collectors item! I have them sign them for the host too. People love doing that, some get creative so it becomes specialt o the host.

I have been invited to a lot of PARTY LITE parties recentlyand noticed they have a set of two collander tea light holders. I picked up a set of those and a dozen tealights. I thought that I would do what Laurie is doing and pair them with a SB and something else to pamper herself.
I also base my "gift" on the effort put forth by the host. I don't mind giving a little more if the host puts forth the effort.

I do a SB unless they have already had a show that season. Then I give them what ever else I have on hand that might be a little bit more expensive (mini whipper, mini serving spatula, etc).

Related to Maximize Your Hostess Incentives: Learn the Average Cost Per Show

1. What is the average cost per show for maximizing hostess incentives?

The average cost per show for maximizing hostess incentives varies depending on factors such as the number of guests, the type of products purchased, and the total sales generated. However, on average, it can range from $600 to $1000.

2. How can I increase my hostess incentives?

To increase your hostess incentives, you can encourage your guests to book their own parties, offer special discounts or promotions, and promote higher-priced products. You can also suggest hosting a virtual party to reach a larger audience and boost sales.

3. Will hosting more shows result in higher incentives?

Yes, hosting more shows can result in higher incentives. The more shows you host, the more sales you generate, which can lead to higher commission rates and bonuses from Pampered Chef. Additionally, hosting multiple shows can also help you build a loyal customer base, resulting in repeat sales and referrals.

4. Are there any additional costs for the hostess when hosting a Pampered Chef party?

No, there are no additional costs for the hostess when hosting a Pampered Chef party. As a hostess, you will receive free products and discounts based on the total sales generated from your party. There are no hidden fees or charges.

5. Can I still earn hostess incentives if I host a virtual party?

Yes, you can still earn hostess incentives if you host a virtual party. Pampered Chef offers special incentives and promotions for virtual parties to help you maximize your rewards. You can also reach a larger audience and generate more sales through virtual parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Katiek77
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
Replies
Views
PamperedDor
Replies
Views
DebPC