• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Master Grilling Techniques: Must-Have Tools & Rubs for a Successful BBQ Show"

In summary, the BBQ tools and rubs will be on display at the show. The regular BBQ Turner makes a cool noise, the tongs have a locking mechanism, the Mitt is awesome, and the skewers are square, not round.
ChefRiGuy
I am having a rather large show on Saturday. The host wants me to show off some of the BBQ tools and rubs because of some men that will be there. I didn't have them myself, so I borrowed them from my team leader.

Now I have never shown these off or demo them before at a show. So I would really appreciate anyones input on how to sell them, tips, tricks, advantages etc. I don't want to make a whole show of it, just a few pointers to talk about.

Thanks in advance for the responses!

I had posted in the chat box about the BBQ turner having a beer cap opener. I think that is cool. At a summer bbq I got lots of comments about the skewers and how there is the little slide piece that slides all the meat and veggies off the skewer. The long handle length on the tongs so you don't burn your hand by being close to the grill, and that it is metal to really grab hold of the meat and it won't slip.

Thank you, sorry I didnt catch the chatbox in time to see that. I totally forgot the turner is a bottle opener too. Thank you for your help!

The regular BBQ Turner makes a cool noise that the guys love when you pull it out of the cover. Hold the cover with your left hand - down by your left hip & hold the BBQ Turner in your right hand. Quickly pull the turner out of the cover & swing it into the air above your right shoulder. The guys LOVE the "sword" like noise that it makes coming out of the case. LOLAnd the tongs have a locking mechanism on the hinge. Make sure you show them how to slide it to the "unlocked" position so they don't break them trying to open it.

haha love the sword thing...I totally just went and tried it...

I love the Jumbo Turner - it's large enough to do 2-3 burgers at once, or a pork tenderloin, or a whole fish.

The tongs have a stay cool handle, and really grab on to whatever you're flipping.

The Mitt is awesome! It is extra long, so you don't singe the hairs on your arm, and it keeps your hand cool enough, that we even use it to move wood around in our campfires!

The mitt is made from the same sort of suede that is used to make welders' aprons. Totally heat safe. And, with the separate finger, you can still scold the kids (or the spouse) while you're wearing it.

Ann, I actually caught my husband loading & turning a pig on a roaster with the cheapie Wal-Mart potholders that are still in our drawer! And he actually HAS one of the BBQ Mits!! I left the party, came home & got it (because he WAS burning his arm) and went back. The next week, I bought him a 2nd one! Now he has one for each hand! Men, sometimes you just have to give them step-by-step instructions to survive life. :rolleyes:

the skewers are square, not round so when you turn them the meat and veggies don't roll

Y'all are making ME want to buy the BBQ Tools!!

pampchefsarah said:
Y'all are making ME want to buy the BBQ Tools!!

Doooooo it, Sarah, Dooooo it. :D

Sheila said:
The regular BBQ Turner makes a cool noise that the guys love when you pull it out of the cover. Hold the cover with your left hand - down by your left hip & hold the BBQ Turner in your right hand. Quickly pull the turner out of the cover & swing it into the air above your right shoulder. The guys LOVE the "sword" like noise that it makes coming out of the case. LOL
I totally love showing that off! My 16 year old son loves to use the turner because of the sword sound. (You can get the same sound with the pizza cutter, too...just a little softer)
Amy

An awesome tip for cutting up some veggies - the side of the BBQ Turner "Barbie Boss" is a cyrrated knife, so you can cut up a zucchini before grilling it in the basket with that. One time I forgot knives for a show - but used that turner for the entire thing! It also has a fork and a beveled edge for getting under foods easier.Don't neglect the salad choppers for making speedy salsa
small tomatoes
onion (I like red onion)
jalapeno
cilantro - new hook thing on edge of prof. shears is herb stripper; just slant it
lime juice - citrus press
garlic - garlic pressGuys like the food chopper and cookware, too. Maybe finish with a 12 min choc miracle cake demo in the nucrowave 3-2-1 / 3 eggs, 2 cups sour cream (or anything of pudding consistency - applesauce, yogurt, part SC part mayo, pudding, pie filling) and 1 cup add ins like choc chips, nuts or dried fruit--to any pudding-in-the-mix cake mix. Micro in a oiled stone or rice cooker until it pulls away from the sides. Cool just 2 mins and invert, OOOH, Ahhhhhh.

Easy clean up too! They are dishwasher safe - top shelf. I have accidentally left the BBQ Turner on the grill and well, sort of burned on the "juices". I handwash mine, but boy it was real easy to do! I don't have the use and care in front of me but is there a special coating on them to make cleanup easier?

1. What are the essential grilling tools that every home cook needs?

The essential grilling tools that every home cook needs include a set of tongs, a spatula, a grill brush, a meat thermometer, and a basting brush. These tools will help you to handle and flip food on the grill, clean the grill surface, and ensure that meat is cooked to the proper temperature.

2. How do I know which type of tongs to use for grilling?

When choosing tongs for grilling, look for ones that are long enough to keep your hands away from the heat, have a non-slip grip, and are made of heat-resistant materials such as stainless steel or silicone. It's also helpful to have a set of tongs with a locking mechanism for easy storage.

3. Do I really need a meat thermometer for grilling?

Yes, a meat thermometer is an essential tool for grilling. It ensures that your meat is cooked to a safe internal temperature and helps prevent undercooking or overcooking. This is especially important for thicker cuts of meat that may need to be cooked for longer periods of time.

4. Can I use a regular brush for basting while grilling?

No, it's not recommended to use a regular brush for basting while grilling. The bristles of a regular brush may melt or catch fire when exposed to high heat. It's best to use a basting brush specifically designed for grilling, which is made of heat-resistant materials.

5. How often should I clean my grilling tools?

It's important to clean your grilling tools after each use to prevent the buildup of bacteria and to extend their lifespan. Use warm soapy water and a scrub brush to clean them thoroughly, and make sure to dry them completely before storing them. It's also a good idea to give them a deep clean at the beginning and end of grilling season.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
linzground
  • kcjodih
  • Products and Tips
Replies