• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Velveeta & Salsa Dip: Micro or Stove?

In summary, the ingredients needed for Velveeta & Salsa Dip are Velveeta cheese, salsa, and tortilla chips. The dip can be made in the microwave by cubing the Velveeta cheese and microwaving it with the salsa for 3-4 minutes. It can also be made on the stove by heating a saucepan and combining the cheese and salsa until melted. Other types of cheese can be used, but Velveeta is recommended for its smooth texture. Additional ingredients such as jalapenos, black beans, corn, or ground beef can be added to customize the dip.
babywings76
Gold Member
Has anyone made the velveeta and salsa dip before? I've had it where you have hamburger meat in there as well. Can I make it all in the microcooker? Meat first, then add the other items? Or is it better to cook hamburger on the stove and then melt the cheese and salsa all in the skillet after? Or meat on stove, cheese and salsa in micro?

I do mine in the microcooker all the time. I start at 45 sec, then 30 stirring till it's done. Cook the HB first and then melt it in the velveeta

Yes, many people have made the velveeta and salsa dip before. It is a popular and easy appetizer or snack option. You can definitely make the dip in the microcooker. You can cook the hamburger meat first in the microcooker, then add the other ingredients and microwave until the cheese is melted and everything is heated through. Alternatively, you can cook the meat on the stove and then transfer it to the microcooker with the other ingredients to melt the cheese and heat everything together. Both methods will work, so it just depends on your preference and what is more convenient for you.

What ingredients are needed to make Velveeta & Salsa Dip?

The ingredients needed for this dip are Velveeta cheese, salsa, and tortilla chips for dipping.

Can I make this dip in the microwave?

Yes, you can make this dip in the microwave. Simply cube the Velveeta cheese and place it in a microwave-safe bowl with the salsa. Microwave for 3-4 minutes, stirring every minute, until the cheese is fully melted and combined with the salsa.

How long does it take to make this dip on the stove?

It takes about 10 minutes to make this dip on the stove. Simply heat a saucepan over medium heat and add the cubed Velveeta cheese and salsa. Stir frequently until the cheese is fully melted and combined with the salsa.

Can I use a different type of cheese instead of Velveeta?

Yes, you can use a different type of cheese if you prefer. However, Velveeta is recommended for this recipe because it has a smooth and creamy texture that pairs well with the salsa. Other types of cheese may not melt as smoothly and could alter the taste of the dip.

Can I add additional ingredients to this dip?

Yes, you can add additional ingredients to customize this dip to your liking. Some popular additions include diced jalapenos, black beans, corn, or cooked ground beef. Simply add them in with the Velveeta and salsa when heating on the stove or in the microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Amanda_RI
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda_RI
  • jenniferlynne
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • babywings76