• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stuffed Peppers: Raw Meat or Cooked? Advice Needed!

In summary, it is possible to use raw meat for stuffed peppers, but it is recommended to partially cook the meat beforehand for safety. The meat can be cooked in a pan on the stove or in the oven. Leftover cooked meat can also be used, as long as it is chopped or shredded before stuffing. Stuffed peppers with raw meat should be baked for 30-40 minutes at 375°F, but it is important to check the internal temperature of the meat to ensure it is fully cooked. To prevent the peppers from getting soggy, they can be pre-baked for 10 minutes before stuffing.
Amanda_RI
Gold Member
Hello all,

I'm making this at my show tonight, and the recipe says nothing about cooking the sausage & ground beef before stuffing the peppers. I've never made stuffed peppers where you DIDN'T cook the meat first.

Am I reading this wrong or am I supposed to put the meat in raw? (The recipe does indicate that you should use the meat thermometer to make sure the meat mixture is up to 160 before you serve.)

Thanks!

Amanda

Re: Question about the Italian Stuffed Bell Pepper recipe in More Weekday Dinners DonI have not made this recipe, but I know alot of people who put the meat in raw when they make stuffed peppers. Even though that is not the way I make them, I have found more people make them with raw meat as opposed to cooked.

Re: Question about the Italian Stuffed Bell Pepper recipe in More Weekday Dinners DonI made these a couple of weeks ago and followed the recipe. They were great and passed the husband test!

Re: Question about the Italian Stuffed Bell Pepper recipe in More Weekday Dinners DonAwesome recipe....great taste....good demo. It only makes 6 peppers so at the show I cut them in half. Everyone loved them.

Re: Question about the Italian Stuffed Bell Pepper recipe in More Weekday Dinners DonIt was fabulous! Everyone loved them! I'll definitely make them again! Thanks!!!!!!

1. Can I use raw meat for stuffed peppers?

Yes, you can use raw meat for stuffed peppers. However, it is recommended to partially cook the meat before stuffing it into the peppers to ensure that it is fully cooked by the time the peppers are done baking.

2. How do I cook the meat before stuffing it into the peppers?

You can cook the meat in a pan on the stove over medium heat until it is browned and fully cooked. Alternatively, you can also cook the meat in the oven before stuffing it into the peppers.

3. Can I use leftover cooked meat for stuffed peppers?

Yes, you can use leftover cooked meat for stuffed peppers. Just make sure to chop or shred the meat into small pieces before stuffing it into the peppers.

4. How long should I bake stuffed peppers with raw meat?

Typically, stuffed peppers with raw meat should be baked for about 30-40 minutes at 375°F. However, it is important to check the internal temperature of the meat to ensure it has reached a safe temperature of 165°F.

5. How can I prevent the stuffed peppers from getting soggy with raw meat?

To prevent the peppers from getting soggy, you can pre-bake them for about 10 minutes before stuffing them with raw meat. This will help to remove some of the moisture from the peppers and create a firmer texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• elijahstrust
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Hunter Mom
  • kitchenfairey
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Staci
  • lindseystar