• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making the 30 Minute Chicken for the 1St Time and ?

The cover does not make a difference in the end result- it is still moist and flavorful. After cooking for 30 minutes, I remove the cover and brush the spice mixture on top.I always do it with the cover on--30 minutes. I use the paprika/flour/onion or garlic powder mixture to put color on the top--it is an incredibly moist chicken--LOVE IT>
brendaziz
I'm reading the recipe and i'm reading it right that it's uncovered while cooking??
I thought the whole point was the cover helping make it crispy?? won't it be weird then?

Also, we don't have any string so will it be ok w/ just putting it in and not tying it?

Thanks!

I always keep the cover on and have never tied it up - you should be fine. :)

Awesome, good to know. Does it take longer w/ the cover on? I was just reading the flyer about it and they say that there's no real difference between cover on or off except for taking 10 minutes longer w/ it on??
I think I'll wanna keep the cover on- even just for possible splatter purposes!

I've done it both ways and didn't notice much difference in the skin. Not particular crispy in my personal opinion. It took me a little longer with the cover off...BUT I think it may have still been frozen in the core of the bird. I did notice there was not as much liquid in the DCB when the lid was OFF. I have LOTS of liquid with it on. No, I didn't have splatter either.

I cook it for about 30 minutes and then let it rest for 10 minutes or so - I agree that it does not get crispy...I don't think it will in the microwave.... I, like Bobbi, get a lot of liquid in the DCB which is great for making rice or stove top or whatever.... :)

I have made it twice, never tied it up and I cook it for 30 minutes cover OFF and then 10 minutes cover ON.
Everything above the level of the juice is crispy.
And no splatter either.

I always cook it with the cover off, but I don't like how pale and "not cooked" it looks at the end, so I pop it under the broiler for about 4 mins! Crispy & crunchy & yummy skin! :)

cookingwithdot said:
I always cook it with the cover off, but I don't like how pale and "not cooked" it looks at the end, so I pop it under the broiler for about 4 mins! Crispy & crunchy & yummy skin! :)
Not in the DCB, I hope?? But that's a good idea...on a sheet pan or something other than a stone. Might have to try that.

Last edited:
Dottie do you put the DCB in the broiler or do you put the chicken in another dish?

I ALWAYS do the chicken w/ the lid on for 20 mins on high..then temp it. 99% of the time the chicken is done in that 20 min time-span. Rarely do I have to put it in for another 3-5 mins. Depends on the hosts wattage on their micro.

Then, I'll place the chicken onto the cutting board and let rest for 10 mins. During that time I clean out the DCB and cook the cake. :love:

I always do it with the cover on--30 minutes. I use the paprika/flour/onion or garlic powder mixture to put color on the top--it is an incredibly moist chicken--LOVE IT>

What ingredients do I need for the 30 Minute Chicken recipe?

You will need boneless, skinless chicken breasts, olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and your choice of vegetables such as bell peppers, onions, and zucchini.

What kitchen tools do I need to make the 30 Minute Chicken?

You will need a large skillet or sauté pan, a sharp knife, cutting board, measuring spoons, and tongs.

How do I prepare the chicken before cooking?

Before cooking, you will need to pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness for even cooking. You can do this by placing the chicken in a Ziploc bag and using a meat mallet or heavy pan to gently pound the chicken until it is an even thickness.

Can I use frozen chicken for this recipe?

Yes, you can use frozen chicken, but it will take longer to cook. It is recommended to fully thaw the chicken before cooking for best results.

How long does it take to cook the 30 Minute Chicken?

The chicken will take approximately 30 minutes to cook, as stated in the recipe. However, cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the chicken and the type of vegetables used.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • JackieB999
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies