• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do I Have to Tie up the Chicken?

The quickest way to prepare a chicken for the microwave is to wrap it in aluminum foil and place it in the microwave.
babywings76
Gold Member
Okay, I don't have cotton string to do the whole tie up the chicken thing for the 30 minute chicken for the DCB. Is this a mandatory step? I also don't have lemon at the moment. Will it be okay without it? What is the absolutely quickest way to prepare this chicken for the microwave. I was busy putting in a last minute show and didn't realize how late it was and I need to cook this chicken tonight. Any help would be great! :)

I use lemon sometimes at home, but not at my shows.

I've never tied up a chicken. That seems a little cruel to me.:D

ChefBeckyD said:
I use lemon sometimes at home, but not at my shows.

I've never tied up a chicken. That seems a little cruel to me.:D

I saw the title and the first two thoughts that came to mind were:

1. If the rooster is chasing you while getting the eggs from the hen...

...and

2. Only if you want to choke the chicken...eww...

I just laughed and laughed when I saw this title.....my thought was "that is a little harsh, isn't it?...what did that chicken do to you?"

Your question has already been answered, so I'll simply tell you about my reaction to your thread. You see, I'm helping my pastor with another book. This one is a devotional based on past messages. I recently completed my first attempt at summarizing a message. He had asked that I keep it to two pages. (That's two halves of an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper.) You've got to realize that my pastor is an amazing speaker who routinely speaks very quickly for 45 minutes to an hour. When I handed the completed attempt to him I told him I felt like I was handing him a plucked chicken. All of the meat was there, but everything that made it pretty was gone.After reading it over, he said he felt that I had done an excellent job, but he saw what I meant. He decided that he was too hung up on the 2-page format. He asked if I was willing to try again with another message (he was still thinking the first one through), boiling it down to four pages. I finished that today. I was telling a friend about this one and she asked if that meant this one had a few feathers. I said I thought it had several feathers, so it was only half plucked. She said, "So, this is a half-naked chicken?" We were laughing about this as I logged onto CS. (I wanted to read the "Last Wish" thread to her.) This one was the second post listed. I cracked up. When I read the title to her, she cracked up. We had a really good belly laugh. Who'da thunk that sermons and a recipe question could lead to such fun?

LOL, you guys are so funny. :) I knew as soon as I hit enter for posting that thread I worded it so blunt it sounded funny and would get some entertaining responses. ;)

I was so excited to get my DCB and tried it out last night. The evening got chaotic and I really wanted to make my chicken in it. So I appreciate the quick help! :) It ended up tasting SO good! I will enjoy trying a lot of the other recipes for this.

babywings76 said:
Okay, I don't have cotton string to do the whole tie up the chicken thing for the 30 minute chicken for the DCB. Is this a mandatory step? I also don't have lemon at the moment. Will it be okay without it? What is the absolutely quickest way to prepare this chicken for the microwave. I was busy putting in a last minute show and didn't realize how late it was and I need to cook this chicken tonight. Any help would be great! :)

It's not necessary. However, I do think that tying the legs together helps the skin on the thighs get a little crispier. I have done it both ways.

1. Can I leave the chicken untied while cooking?

No, it is important to tie up the chicken before cooking to ensure even cooking and to keep the stuffing or seasoning inside.

2. What is the best method for tying up a chicken?

The most common method is to use kitchen twine to tie the legs together and then wrap the twine around the wings and body to secure them. You can also use skewers or toothpicks to hold the chicken together.

3. Do I need to tie up the chicken if I am using a roasting rack?

Yes, it is still recommended to tie up the chicken even if you are using a roasting rack. This will help the chicken maintain its shape and ensure even cooking.

4. Can I use any type of string or twine to tie up the chicken?

No, it is important to use kitchen twine or cooking string that is food safe and can withstand high heat. Regular household string or twine may not be safe for cooking.

5. How tight should the chicken be tied up?

The chicken should be tied snugly but not too tight. This will allow for even cooking and prevent the chicken from drying out. Make sure to leave some room for the heat to circulate around the chicken.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • JackieB999
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • kzegar