• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Strides Against Breast Cancer

Janet, I'm wondering about this. I signed up with TPC to be a Leader on a Team. I went through TPC site to link to the Making Strides site. I set up my page on the Making Strides site so I can direct people there to donate. However, that won't show up on TPC, I don't think. Since some people will be donating cash and checks to me directly, I can then send that to TPC with the deposit slip they have available, but when someone goes to the Making Strides site, how will TPC count that donation? I called techies at TPC and they said I can't link them together. What's most important to me
PampMomof3
Gold Member
Hey guys! If you haven't signed up yet, DO IT!! I signed up on 8-23-08 and a week later, we had $350 with 6 people!! As of today, we have 19 people and $1425 in donations! YAY!!!:D We're on the The Pampered Chef top 10 teams as team #3, and we're #8 in the top 10 events for TPC!! I'm so excited to be an awesome part of this fight.

I've walked the last 4 years and this is our biggest year yet. It's awesome b/c to see such an overwhelming response is heartwarming. :D

Kristi-
Did you do a fundraiser or just ask for donations?

I've been asking for donations only. The key is recruiting people to your team!

Are you using a donation sheet?

I signed up about a week ago online...just sent out my first batch of e-mails last night to family and friends (non-PC customers).My mom has survived twice so I thought I'd do SOMETHING!

That's awesome Kristi!

Question: there are no walks in my state....in the Weekly Bites it said we can "virtually walk"....anyone know what that means? I really want to do something with this.

lacychef said:
That's awesome Kristi!

Question: there are no walks in my state....in the Weekly Bites it said we can "virtually walk"....anyone know what that means? I really want to do something with this.

Lacey - I can't walk - conflict that day and too far away but I am still raising money for the cause.

So do you just set yourself up online, and just ask people for donations?

lacychef said:
So do you just set yourself up online, and just ask people for donations?

Yes...If you want, they will set you up with your on page & even give you verbiage for emails you can send to whom ever you want. I have 1 with my dogs on it...HTH

Thanks Ginger (& sorry for the highjack Kristi!), I will check it out. I'd love to raise some money.

lacychef said:
Thanks Ginger (& sorry for the highjack Kristi!), I will check it out. I'd love to raise some money.

You can join our team if you want! :)

PCWhippers Eau Claire, WI

OH, do I need to be part of a team?

lacychef said:

Not sure, but if you do or it wants you too, you are more than welcome to join us. We're all raising for ACS on behalf of the Pampered Chef! :)

lacychef said:

No...you can be your own team, join one or start one...anything you would like! Its really easy...

Ginger428 said:
No...you can be your own team, join one or start one...anything you would like! Its really easy...

Yeah, she could start her own team for her cluster if she wants!

Here are my cluster's directions...take out the part about joining our team because you can start your own:go to The Pampered Chef, Ltd.

Charitable Giving programs

HWC

scroll down and click here to sign up to be part of National Team

scroll until you see 10 ten events listed...hit more and you will see Eau Claire, WI

click that on and you get choices to
Start, Join a team, or donate.

You can either join and donate in your name....or donate for the team. Cindy Hall will be shown as captain.

We are the PC WHIPPERS

After you set-up, you can then enter your consultant # on the page so it all gets credited to the Pampered Chef. :) It's fun to see how much we as a big company raises...

Thanks for the directions ladies! I haven't read up on it all yet...might go check it out now:D

It sounds like you have been directed Lacy!! Good Luck!

PampMomof3 said:
It sounds like you have been directed Lacy!! Good Luck!

Yes, hopefully she is starting her own KS team soon! :D

Janet, I'm wondering about this. I signed up with TPC to be a Leader on a Team. I went through TPC site to link to the Making Strides site. I set up my page on the Making Strides site so I can direct people there to donate. However, that won't show up on TPC, I don't think. Since some people will be donating cash and checks to me directly, I can then send that to TPC with the deposit slip they have available, but when someone goes to the Making Strides site, how will TPC count that donation? I called techies at TPC and they said I can't link them together.

What's most important to me is the donations, not the recognition, so it doesn't really matter to me if it's counted. I just thought if TPC is really interested in raising money for this cause that they would allow a link on the Making Strides site. Or a link from my PWS to the Making Strides page.

As long as you registered with your consultant #, PC will get the credit. All the money is going to ACS, not PC.

Yes, I got directed, LOL!
I made a team called Pampered in Pink, & one of my clustermates already joined me:)

lacychef said:
I made a team called Pampered in Pink, & one of my clustermates already joined me:)

GREAT!! Makes lots of money!!

If someone jouns your team but didn't put in the consultant # can you put it in after?

Yes, they can. There are instructions on CC.

ok so I went to sign up and in the midst of putting my little one to bed I ended up signing up for a Michigan event? Do I need to call to get my registration canceled? any ideas?
thanks.. there's no event in my area, but I'm not even close to MI ...

can I set up something else? help.. anyone... someone...

I don't think you can delete a registration (I signed myself up again under another email while I was playing around, and there are now 2 of me on my team - and I can't find an unregister link.).

We're now up to $1510 and 19 people still. I know of like 10 more people who said that they'll sign up but haven't yet. I really hope to meet our goal of $3k!

WOOHOO!! You Go Girl!!

That's great Kristi!

lacychef said:

Hi Lacy,
will you please help me sign up.. there are no teams in my state... how did you form your team?

thanks in adavance.. this for some reason has me confused !!

(or anyone can jump in and help!! :) )

thanks

Jess, did you see Janet's instructions on the first page of the thread? That helped me....
Just go to PC website (can just go to main homepage)
go to Our Company...then Charitable Giving
click on the Making Strides icon; it'll take you to their page
scroll down, there's a link for "sign up"
then, I think you can click on "start new team" for any race (someone can correct me if I'm wrong here, but if you're not actually walking I don't know if it matters)
then you can name your team, & you'll set up your password, etc

Good luck!

Ginger428 said:
WOOHOO!! You Go Girl!!

Thank you Ginger!! (Everytime I write or see your name, I think of the time we met!) :):)

A past host of mine signed late last night (I didn't know of her so it was a great surprise) and we're up to $1585! YAY! It just keeps getting better!

PampMomof3 said:
Thank you Ginger!! (Everytime I write or see your name, I think of the time we met!) :):)

A past host of mine signed late last night (I didn't know of her so it was a great surprise) and we're up to $1585! YAY! It just keeps getting better!

It was GREAT meeting, wasn't it!! :D

Ginger428 said:
It was GREAT meeting, wasn't it!! :D

Yes it was. :D:D:D You're great and I'm glad you spotted me by the BACK of my head!! :D

We're now up to $1615! :D

PampMomof3 said:
Yes it was. :D:D:D You're great and I'm glad you spotted me by the BACK of my head!! :D

We're now up to $1615! :D

YOU GO GIRL!! Keep up the momentum.....;)

Well I really did it now!:rolleyes:
I booked a show the day of the walk! Duh!!!:)
The walk starts at 10am, it's three miles. I have about an hour drive. Do you think I'll make it home in time to do a show at 4:00? I have never done a walk so I have no idea how long I should plan on being there. I don't want to rush out of there but I can't afford to lose the show either!

buckeyefan08 said:
Well I really did it now!:rolleyes:
I booked a show the day of the walk! Duh!!!:)
The walk starts at 10am, it's three miles. I have about an hour drive. Do you think I'll make it home in time to do a show at 4:00? I have never done a walk so I have no idea how long I should plan on being there. I don't want to rush out of there but I can't afford to lose the show either!

Yes!! You'll have plenty of time. I would pack the day before the walk though so you don't stress the day of and you have some down time.

Update~We're up to $2,116 now!!!

That is great Kristi!
Congrats!

Get this... I just checked in my participants center for my team and I'm not on the roster! A girl on the team is listed twice, once as the team captain, but I'm not listed at all! 5 people joined my team and I was never notified! How can I fix this?

Are you showing as a captain?

Update~We're at $2408.50!! :D

I wasn't on there at all but I figured it out. Somehow when I put in a fellow consultants # so she couls get her hat I changed my name to hers.
Great job on the fundraising!

:DWell our walk is on Sunday and I'm pretty excited! Anyone else gonna be walking in Akron?:D
I did get an e-mail asking me to print the page and take it to the on-line regisrtation tent. There is a place for my name and team name and regitration #. The only thing that is on there is my name. I looked on the participants center and didn't see anyone having a registration #. Any idea as to what I should do now?
The lady that I have to contact is not very helpful. At first she kept telling me I had to call a different lady. Turns out the lady she was sending me to did the Canton walk. When I got the right lady back on the phone to find out why I didn't get my team leader pack she said she'd send it out. I never got it. I think if I had it I wouldn't be so confused!:confused:

The woman I met with from the ACS didn't say anything about having to take a team roster to the walk. Guess I better find my team leader pack and go through it today, since my walk is tomorrow.

I guess I better go through mine as well!!

We're up to $3525 now!!

pampmomof3 said:
i Guess I Better Go Through Mine As Well!!

We're Up To $3525 Now!!

Wow!!! Fabulous!!!! :d

We did our walk here in Ann Arbor today. It was just me and Audrey, plus 2 of my friends, but we carried the PC banner. The banner was huge and way too long for us, but we carried it proudly! Audrey has the pics and I will post them later.

It was a beautiful day, a bit cool for me, but just so you all know that I didn't goof off, I made my 3 contacts this morning before 8:30! My director would be so proud. Hope the Detroit area walk was just as nice and everyone's elses.

Carol~Great Job!! I wish it was cool here for ours yesterday! It was SCORCHING HOT! :cool:We did our walk yesterday and it was WONDERFUL!! I know we hit at least $4000 but not sure of our final number until they input all the donations made the day of the walk. Here's a pic (I'm on the far right with my pink TPC shirt and 3 kids in front of me). The tent pic was taken after the walk (when I remembered so the 6 bags of m&ms were gone out of the trifle bowl and the minis and recipe cards were almost out!) I did get one $128 order yesterday online for the pink stuff!!

Attachments

• MSABC 2008-copy.jpg
    MSABC 2008-copy.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 286
  • MSABC Tent-1.jpg
    MSABC Tent-1.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 323
Hey Kristi...Thats GREAT!!! BTW, how big is that tent & where did you get it?

<h2>1. What is "Making Strides Against Breast Cancer"?</h2><p>"Making Strides Against Breast Cancer" is a non-competitive 5k walk organized by the American Cancer Society to raise funds and awareness for breast cancer research, support services, and education.</p><h2>2. How do I sign up for the walk?</h2><p>You can sign up online at the "Making Strides Against Breast Cancer" website or by contacting your local American Cancer Society office. You can also join a team, start your own team, or participate as an individual walker.</p><h2>3. Can I fundraise as an individual or do I need to join a team?</h2><p>You can fundraise as an individual or as part of a team. Joining a team can provide additional support and motivation, but it is not required.</p><h2>4. What happens with the donations raised for the walk?</h2><p>All donations raised through "Making Strides Against Breast Cancer" go towards funding breast cancer research, support services for patients and their families, and education programs. The American Cancer Society is committed to using donations responsibly and effectively to make the biggest impact in the fight against breast cancer.</p><h2>5. Can I still participate if I am unable to attend the walk?</h2><p>Yes, you can still participate by making a donation or fundraising as a virtual walker. You can also support the event by spreading awareness and encouraging others to participate.</p>

Related to Making Strides Against Breast Cancer

1. What is "Making Strides Against Breast Cancer"?

"Making Strides Against Breast Cancer" is a non-competitive 5k walk organized by the American Cancer Society to raise funds and awareness for breast cancer research, support services, and education.

2. How do I sign up for the walk?

You can sign up online at the "Making Strides Against Breast Cancer" website or by contacting your local American Cancer Society office. You can also join a team, start your own team, or participate as an individual walker.

3. Can I fundraise as an individual or do I need to join a team?

You can fundraise as an individual or as part of a team. Joining a team can provide additional support and motivation, but it is not required.

4. What happens with the donations raised for the walk?

All donations raised through "Making Strides Against Breast Cancer" go towards funding breast cancer research, support services for patients and their families, and education programs. The American Cancer Society is committed to using donations responsibly and effectively to make the biggest impact in the fight against breast cancer.

5. Can I still participate if I am unable to attend the walk?

Yes, you can still participate by making a donation or fundraising as a virtual walker. You can also support the event by spreading awareness and encouraging others to participate.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Oklabell
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
buckeyefan08
  • sarahsellcm
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies