• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Pudding Profiteroles: Timing & Tips

In summary, it takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes to make pudding profiteroles, which includes making the dough, baking the profiteroles, and filling them with pudding. The profiteroles can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container for up to 1 day, but should not be filled with pudding until just before serving to maintain crispness. They are done baking when they are golden brown and have a hollow sound when tapped on the bottom, which typically takes 18-20 minutes at 400°F. Instant pudding mix can be used for the filling, following the instructions on the package and allowing it to cool before filling the profiteroles. To prevent sogginess, make sure to
ChefJesssica
When you use pudding for the profiterole puffs, how long do you wait before you start putting it in? Do you wait the 5 minutes for it to set?
Thanks

I found the puffs took less than 10 minutes to cool down. I ended up stuffing them about 5 minutes after that. I plan to make these puffs at one of my shows this month. I think I will be putting pudding in mine too, perhaps a french vanilla or pistashio pudding. I plan to make the puffs ahead of time at my own home so they are nice and cooled before the show. While I make my appetizer that will be baking in the oven, I will then demo my puffs and stuff the pudding in them then. I will demo some of my other products such as my plates (I only have the pink and white polka dot ones right now), the v-shape cutter for drizzing the chocolate, the food chopper for the nuts, etc. etc.
I tested the puffs for the first time a couple weeks ago, and I swear I could have sat down and ate all 24 of them in the one sitting!!!

:rolleyes:

I never thought of the v-shaped cutter for drissling chocolate! It would probably work to make the caramel doohickies for the caramel sticky cupcakes!

Related to Making Pudding Profiteroles: Timing & Tips

1. How long does it take to make pudding profiteroles?

It typically takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes to make pudding profiteroles from start to finish. This includes the time to make the dough, bake the profiteroles, and fill them with pudding.

2. Can I make the profiteroles ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the profiteroles ahead of time and store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 day. To ensure they stay crisp, do not fill them with pudding until just before serving.

3. How do I know when the profiteroles are done baking?

The profiteroles are done when they are golden brown and have a hollow sound when tapped on the bottom. It typically takes 18-20 minutes in the oven at 400°F.

4. Can I use instant pudding mix for the filling?

Yes, you can use instant pudding mix for the filling. Follow the instructions on the package for making the pudding and then let it cool before filling the profiteroles.

5. How do I prevent the profiteroles from getting soggy?

To prevent the profiteroles from getting soggy, make sure to let them cool completely before filling them with pudding. You can also poke a small hole in the bottom of each profiterole to allow any steam to escape and prevent sogginess.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• whiteyteresa
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
whiteyteresa
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies