• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Storing Profiteroles: Fridge, Freezer, or Room Temperature?

All of the above will work. If you make them today and don't fill them, cool them COMPLETELY and put in a ziplock bag and store at room temp.
kam
Staff member
I want to make the Profiteroles for New Year's Eve, but I am not sure how to do these ahead.

I want to make the puffs today (1 day ahead). How do I store just the puffs? Fridge, Freezer, or room temp??

Can I make the filling today too and just put it in the fridge in a container until I fill the profiteroles tomorrow?

Or is it really better to completely make them (with filling) and freeze them?

Thanks!

All of the above will work. If you make them today and don't fill them, cool them COMPLETELY and put in a ziplock bag and store at room temp.My favorite way is to make them completely and freeze them.Enjoy!

finley1991 said:
All of the above will work. If you make them today and don't fill them, cool them COMPLETELY and put in a ziplock bag and store at room temp.

My favorite way is to make them completely and freeze them.

Enjoy!

Me too! I did this once for a fair, made a batch every night, had about 6 dozen & they defrosted beautifully!

I froze them, stored them in the Rect. Chillzanne (without the frozen insert).
When I took them out of the freezer, (I was taking them to a host house), I kept them in the chillzanne,with the lid on as I was setting up etc,
they ended up soft.

So definitely uncover them while they are defrosting.

Then I had the guest fill them, drizzle the chocolate, etc. sorta a hands on activity.

I made mine today for tomorrow's party. I did as others have suggested (and have done myself) - I made them completely and then froze them. I don't drizzle chocolate on mine, though - I just shake powdered sugar on them once they're defrosted (and I defrost uncovered). If you're doing the chocolate, I'd wait until they're thawed to add the chocolate.

Thanks everyone!

I decided to make them completely and freeze them. I also decided to drizzle the chocolate on now before I froze them (I didn't see the post suggesting waiting for the chocolate - why wait to add the chocolate??)

This is the first time I made these and DH and I HAD to taste test a few. I made them with the heavy whipping cream and they are wonderful!!

Good choice Kathleen. Enjoy them!!

1. Can I store profiteroles in the fridge?

Yes, you can store profiteroles in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Make sure to store them in an airtight container to prevent them from getting stale.

2. Can I freeze profiteroles?

Yes, you can freeze profiteroles for up to 2-3 months. Make sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and place them in an airtight container or freezer bag to prevent freezer burn.

3. How do I store profiteroles at room temperature?

Profiteroles can be stored at room temperature for up to 1 day. Make sure to keep them in a cool, dry place and cover them loosely with foil or plastic wrap to prevent them from getting stale.

4. Can I store filled profiteroles?

It is not recommended to store filled profiteroles for more than a few hours, as the filling may cause them to become soggy. It is best to store the filling separately and fill the profiteroles right before serving.

5. How do I reheat stored profiteroles?

To reheat stored profiteroles, place them in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-10 minutes until they are warmed through and crispy. You can also thaw frozen profiteroles in the fridge overnight before reheating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • kcjodih