1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Double Choc. Mousse cups question

1. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Can the filling be made ahead? I really want to make this recipe, but my DH and I can't eat 10. Do you think this is something that could be made and stored in the fridge for the next night or two? If not, I guess we'll just have to invite someone over for dessert. ;)

Mar 12, 2009
  2. turtle15

turtle15 Member

We've eaten on it for a couple days in a row and it was still good.

Mar 12, 2009
  3. DessertDivaFL

DessertDivaFL Veteran Member Gold Member

I don't see why you couldn't make the filling ahead. It is mostly pudding.

Mar 12, 2009
  4. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I was wondering if the texture would be okay, I guess is the main question. Will it be the same consistency or break down and water/milk separate from the mixture? Wasn't sure if it would ooze from the ziploc bag in the same way as if freshly made.

Mar 12, 2009
  5. pckellyd

pckellyd Member Gold Member

I think it's better at least overnight... it sets up a bit.

Mar 12, 2009
  6. KatieBeth

KatieBeth Gold Member

I made this recipe when my husband was out of town and it was just my daughter. I realized how yummy they were and went to my neighbors and told them to take one or two of them. They gladly accepted the treat, and I even got a couple of orders from it! One neighbor told me that they kept meaning to ask for a catalog but kept forgetting when she'd see me. This was a great way to remind my neighbors of my business and how yummy the eating can be when you book a show!

Mar 13, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted