• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tuxedo Brownie Cups Ganache Question

In summary, the conversation is about making ganache for truffle brownie cups and questions about how long to leave it in the freezer, how thick it should be, and how to store it. There are suggestions to spoon the ganache instead of piping it and to refrigerate the cups after filling. The possibility of freezing the brownie cups is also discussed.
kcjodih
Gold Member
How long do you really have to leave this in the freezer? How thick is it supposed to be? Mine's been in there 15 min and it's thick along the outside edge but then I stir and it's like a runny icing :eek: Also after piping it from the baggie into the brownie cups does it firm up? Can you tell I have NO clue about 'ganache'? Lastly, do I store these in the fridge or at room temp and do you think they would freeze well?

Please help - it's STILL in the freezer! :blushing:

Usually mine is still on the runny side, but not too much...I pipe the ganache in and then gobble. :angel:
I do think the ganache takes a little longer than the recipe says, but once you put it in the brownie cup if becomes more solid faster so serving is easier. It is not going to harden and will always be a little soft, but not runny.
I've stored both at room temp and in the fridge. If I'm keeping longer than a day they go in the fridge; I have no idea about the freezer...

Don't pipe ... SPOON!

I find that when I use the bag it's too runny ... and it makes a bigger mess! Less messy if I just spoon it with the scraper.

I find it helps if you refrigerate them for a bit ... but really not necessary.

OOOOPS ... I thought you were talking about the Truffle Brownie Cups ... same thing?

Thanks to both of you! And yes, I did mean the truffle brownie cups not tuxedo brownie cups - duh! The tuxedo one's don't have a ganache filling. It's too late now, I used the bag but next time I'll try the spoon like you mentioned. :)

I'm thinking with the whipping cream in it they should be refrigerated but it doesn't say anywhere. I doubled the recipe so I can't possibly eat them fast enough LOL I think I'll freeze half and refrig half since I want some to last until Christmas! And of course a few on the counter in a container for the family tomorrow.

I'll let you know if they freeze well or not. I figure the ganache went in the freezer to begin with and brownies can be frozen so they should work. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Hi there! It sounds like you may need some help with your ganache. The amount of time you need to leave it in the freezer can vary depending on the type of ganache you are making and the temperature of your freezer. It should typically be thick and spreadable when you take it out, but not completely solid. As for the consistency, it should be smooth and creamy, not runny like icing. If it's too runny, you may need to let it sit at room temperature for a bit or add more chocolate to thicken it up. After piping it onto your brownie cups, the ganache should firm up and hold its shape. As for storage, it's best to keep them in the fridge to keep the ganache from melting. They may also freeze well, but make sure to thaw them in the fridge before serving. Don't worry, ganache can be tricky at first but with practice, you'll get the hang of it! Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy baking!

1. What is the recipe for Tuxedo Brownie Cups Ganache?

The recipe for Tuxedo Brownie Cups Ganache can be found on the Pampered Chef website or in our recipe book. It includes ingredients such as brownie mix, cream cheese, and chocolate chips.

2. Can I use a different type of brownie mix for this recipe?

While we recommend using our Pampered Chef brownie mix for the best results, you can use any type of brownie mix you prefer. Just make sure to follow the instructions on the package.

3. How long do I need to bake the Tuxedo Brownie Cups Ganache?

The baking time for Tuxedo Brownie Cups Ganache may vary depending on your oven and the type of brownie mix you use. It is best to follow the baking instructions on the recipe or brownie mix package and check for doneness with a toothpick.

4. Can I make Tuxedo Brownie Cups Ganache ahead of time?

Yes, you can make Tuxedo Brownie Cups Ganache ahead of time. After baking, let them cool completely and then store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also freeze them for longer storage.

5. Can I use a different type of chocolate for the ganache?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate you prefer for the ganache. Dark, milk, or white chocolate will all work well. You can also add in different flavors, such as mint or caramel, to customize the ganache to your liking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AnnieBee
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
baychef
  • atpchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
atpchef
  • SusanBP0129