• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Perfect Guacamole: How Many Avocados to Use?

In summary, when making guacamole using the pantry mix, it is recommended to use 2 large avocados. However, if using smaller avocados like Haas, it is advised to use 2-3 depending on the size. Some people at a recent show were surprised and upset to learn that the guacamole mix is being discontinued, as it is a fan favorite.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
For those of you who have made the guacamole using the pantry mix how many avacados do you use? The recipe says 2 large avacados. Well, I buy the Haas avacados, IMO they aren't very large. Should I use more than 2? I don't have time to sample it and I'm making it at my show tomorrow (if the weather cooperates) and I want to look like I know what I'm doing!

I also use the Hass. I usually use 2-3 depending on the size. If you just use 2, it just has more of a kick to it. I bring 3 and add the 3rd one if it seems like I need to.

Made this tonight at my show for the first time. It is so delicious! I cannot believe that it is being discontinued. I am absolutely stocking up! Yum Yum.

pamperedlinda said:
Made this tonight at my show for the first time. It is so delicious! I cannot believe that it is being discontinued. I am absolutely stocking up! Yum Yum.

I had several past hosts/guests at a show I did last night, and they all know how much I love the guacamole mix (some of them love it just as much). It was funny to hear them all as they read the last chance flyer...

"Guacamole mix is going?....Becky, what are you going to do?....I bet you are so upset....you are going to have to really stock up.....are you going to write to the company?....."

I guess I've been a bit vocal in my love for the guac. mix.......:cry: :cry: :cry:

Hi there! I have made the guacamole using the pantry mix several times and have found that using 2 large Haas avocados works perfectly for me. However, if you feel that your avocados are on the smaller side, you can definitely use an extra one to make sure you have enough for your show tomorrow. It's always better to have a little extra than not enough, especially when demonstrating at a show. I hope it turns out great for you! Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy cooking!

1. How many avocados do I need to make perfect guacamole?

The general rule of thumb is to use one avocado per person. So if you are making guacamole for 4 people, you will need 4 avocados.

2. Can I use overripe avocados for guacamole?

Yes, you can use overripe avocados for guacamole. However, they may be harder to mash and may have a stronger flavor. If possible, try to use ripe but not overly ripe avocados for the best texture and taste.

3. How do I know if an avocado is ripe enough to use?

An avocado is ripe when it yields slightly to gentle pressure. If it feels too firm, it is not ripe yet. If it feels too soft and mushy, it is overripe. You can also check the color of the avocado - it should be dark green or black, with no signs of green skin.

4. Can I make guacamole ahead of time?

Yes, you can make guacamole ahead of time. However, it is best to make it no more than a few hours in advance and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Avoid leaving it out at room temperature for too long as the avocados may start to discolor and the guacamole may lose its freshness.

5. Can I freeze guacamole?

Yes, you can freeze guacamole. However, the texture may change slightly after thawing, so it is best to use frozen guacamole in dishes like dips or spreads rather than as a topping. To freeze, place the guacamole in an airtight container or freezer bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• straitfan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
bbauman07
  • esavvymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies