• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How many Ziploc omlets can I make at once using different pans?

In summary, to make the perfect Ziploc omelet, beat eggs and milk in a gallon-sized Ziploc bag, add desired fillings, seal tightly, and cook in boiling water for 13-15 minutes. It is recommended to use a gallon-sized bag and you can cook multiple omelets at once. To prevent the bag from opening or leaking, seal tightly and remove excess air, double-bag, and use a pot with a lid. This method can be used for any type of omelet by adjusting the cooking time for different ingredients.
pcjulie
I am planning to make the ziploc omlets for a show next week and have a question about cooking them. How many can I fit in the different pans? I have the Roasting Pan and the large stockpot. I made them for my husband and myself the other day and could fit 2 in the family skillet. Can you put them on top of each other, or do I have to keep them in one layer? My host is expecting 10 or more people, and I'd like to make as many as possible at one time. TIA!

I fit about 10 in the roasting pan, but check them to make sure they are done. I had to add a few minutes because of the cold ingredients bringing down the temp of the water. By the way, I was born in Denver, PA. My parents owed what is now Deblassis pizza shop (sorry about spelling, I have no clue) and the laundramat behind it.

Small world! I am actually from Mechanicsburg (and my parents are still there), and although my address is Denver, we live in the thriving metropolis of Bowmansville.

Thanks for the omlet advise. I think if I have the roasting pan and large stockpot going I should be able to accomodate all of them.

I'm glad to see you two can egg each other on, but Julie, aren't yours going to come out as Denver omlets? :confused:

about how long do you cook the omlets for?? And how does this work as a demo??
thanks Heather

I did this for a brunch I had at my house. It worked out great and everybody LOVED it. I used the slicer, chopper, etc... for omelet ingredients. Bar pan bacon went with this beautifully.

1. How do I make the perfect Ziploc omelet?

To make the perfect Ziploc omelet, you will need a gallon-sized Ziploc bag, eggs, milk, your choice of fillings (such as cheese, vegetables, or meats), and cooking spray. Beat the eggs and milk together in the Ziploc bag, then add in your fillings. Make sure to squeeze out any excess air and seal the bag tightly. Place the bag in a pot of boiling water for 13-15 minutes, or until the eggs are fully cooked. Remove the bag from the water and carefully open it to release the omelet onto a plate.

2. Can I use any type of Ziploc bag for the omelet?

It is recommended to use a gallon-sized Ziploc bag for the omelet as it will have enough room for the eggs to cook evenly and for you to add in your desired fillings. Using a smaller bag may result in an overfilled omelet or uneven cooking.

3. Can I cook multiple omelets at once?

Yes, you can cook multiple omelets at once by using multiple Ziploc bags and placing them in the pot of boiling water together. Just make sure to not overcrowd the pot and to keep a close eye on the cooking time for each bag.

4. Are there any tips for preventing the bag from opening or leaking?

To prevent the bag from opening or leaking, make sure to seal it tightly and to remove any excess air before placing it in the water. You can also double-bag the omelet for added security. Additionally, using a pot with a lid can help prevent the bags from moving around too much while cooking.

5. Can I use this method for other types of omelets?

Yes, you can use this method for any type of omelet. You can experiment with different fillings and seasonings to create a variety of omelets. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly for different ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• shelly.nurse
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • pctharper
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • donnathepamperedchef