• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover Delicious Panini Recipes Using a Grill Pan and Press

I have the Grill Pan and Press and love it! I use it for grilled chicken and veggies. I just brush olive oil on the outside of the bread and add whatever I'm cooking inside.
kcmckay
Gold Member
Hello,

I've seen a lot about using grill pan and press to make paninis. How do you do that and does anyone have any good recipes? My husband used to buy the terrible processed ones but Sams stopped carrying them for some reason. I'd like to find out how to make them so he can eat some good fresh ones but have never done one. Any and all suggestions are appreciated! Thanks

Here is a PC recipe from when the grill press was first released. It's a really good recipe!

Attachments

• PortobelloChicken.pdf
    32 KB · Views: 340
Any sandwich is a good candidate to be a panini. Just over stuff it! I love Rubens, Turkey Melts, Patty Melts, Italian Sausage with Cheese, peppers, whatever sounds good - like pizza on bread, Grilled Veggies on Chabatta with Provolone cheese! Just remember, it is a stuffed then pressed grilled sandwich. That's it. The imagination is your best tool.

I suggest using a sturdy bread and/or thickly sliced. I just did the PC portobello chicken paninis 2 weeks ago. The bread was too thin even though it was a multi-grain. It burned quickly. Because you're smooshing it, if the bread isn't thick enough (either sliced thickly or a dense bread) it won't hold up well. Otherwise, through in whatever you want cuz melted cheese makes everything better.

I buy bakery type special bread, not just regular bread. Or at least a thicker, Country White type of regular bread. I actually love Tastefully Simple's Balsamic Basil Dipping Oil for this. I just brush it on the bread instead of butter and it's terrific. It really gives it a nice flavor. I've tried using the PC oil and adding Balsamic Vinegar to it a little, but it just wasn't the same. :( Dang it!

You know the Tangy Brie PC recipe (in SB) works well as a paninni and also, Tomato, Mozz. cheese, balsalmic vinegar, and basil in a paninni is also very yummy.

but tortillas work well too. like a quesadilla. yummy. debated getting the grill pan and press, but I am so happy that I did. The grilled chicken comes out perfect!

We've been eating lots of paninis since I just got the grill pan and press. I just spray the outside of the bread with olive oil and we've used pesto spread inside, with ham, pepperoni, and provologne with roasted red peppers. Fabulous!

1. What is a grill pan and press?

A grill pan and press is a cooking tool used to create delicious panini sandwiches. It consists of a ridged pan and a heavy lid with a handle that presses down on the sandwich while cooking.

2. How do I use a grill pan and press to make panini sandwiches?

To make paninis using a grill pan and press, start by preheating the pan on medium-high heat. Place your desired ingredients between two slices of bread, then place the sandwich on the hot pan. Place the press on top of the sandwich to press it down while cooking. After a few minutes, flip the sandwich and press down again. Cook until the bread is crispy and the ingredients are heated through.

3. Can I use any type of bread for paninis?

Yes, you can use any type of bread to make paninis. However, thicker and heartier breads, such as sourdough or ciabatta, work best as they can withstand the heat and weight of the press without getting soggy.

4. What types of fillings work well in paninis?

The possibilities for panini fillings are endless! Some popular options include deli meats, cheese, vegetables, and spreads like pesto or hummus. You can also get creative and use leftovers or experiment with different flavor combinations.

5. How do I clean and care for my grill pan and press?

To clean your grill pan and press, first, make sure it has cooled down completely. Then, use a non-abrasive sponge or cloth to wipe away any food residue. If needed, you can use a small amount of dish soap and warm water. Rinse and dry thoroughly before storing. It is important to always follow the manufacturer's instructions for your specific grill pan and press to ensure proper care and maintenance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kitchendivinity
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • JanisF
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies