• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Cakes Moist: Replacing Water with Milk

In summary, my new gal shared that whenever she makes a cake, she replaces any water with milk. This made her cakes very moist, and she plans to share this technique with others. Another person shared that they always check their cakes after the cooking time is up, and that adding milk makes the cake more moist. Lastly, someone mentioned that cooking time is not the only factor that affects cake moisture.
nikked
Gold Member
One of my new gals shared that whenever she makes a cake, she replaces any water with milk. I did this last night for a three layer chocolate cake, and, boy, was it MOIST! Definitely something I'm going to be doing in the future, and mentioning at shows!

Just wanted to share!:D

nikked said:
One of my new gals shared that whenever she makes a cake, she replaces any water with milk. I did this last night for a three layer chocolate cake, and, boy, was it MOIST! Definitely something I'm going to be doing in the future, and mentioning at shows!

Just wanted to share!:D

I shared on another thread that you can do the same with melted ice cream of any kind. Makes it so good!!

I'll have to try that! I also add a couple Tbs of milk to most all my cookie recipes, keeps them moist too!

I add milk to my sausage balls b/c one of the reasons they are not my fav is they are so dry and this makes them much better.

jrstephens said:
I add milk to my sausage balls b/c one of the reasons they are not my fav is they are so dry and this makes them much better.

not sure the melted ice cream thing would apply here...;)

ewewwwww....rocky road sausage balls

my coffe & more cups cake was pretty dry..so i used milk this time instead of water and added some chocolate chips...mmmmm, much better!! thanks :)

take time offI dont cook mine as long either. I always check my cakes a couple of minutes before the baking time. As long as my cake tester is clean its done. The extra time dries them out too. Just think how moist your moist cake will be by taking a minute or two off the cooking time ;)

Related to Making Cakes Moist: Replacing Water with Milk

What is the benefit of using milk instead of water in cake recipes?

Replacing water with milk in cake recipes helps to create a richer and creamier texture. Milk also adds more flavor and moisture to the cake, making it less likely to dry out.

How much milk should I use to replace water in a cake recipe?

The general rule of thumb is to use an equal amount of milk as you would water. For example, if the recipe calls for 1 cup of water, use 1 cup of milk instead.

Can I use any type of milk in place of water for cakes?

Yes, you can use any type of milk, such as whole milk, almond milk, or coconut milk, in place of water for cakes. Keep in mind that different types of milk may alter the taste and texture of the cake slightly.

Should I adjust the baking time if I use milk instead of water?

In most cases, you do not need to adjust the baking time when using milk instead of water. However, it is always a good idea to check the cake a few minutes before the recommended baking time is up to ensure it is not overcooked.

Are there any other ingredients I should add or adjust when using milk instead of water in cakes?

No, you do not need to add or adjust any other ingredients when using milk instead of water in cake recipes. Simply substitute the water with an equal amount of milk and follow the rest of the recipe as directed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • pletcherdee