• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Make and Take - Cheesy Chicken Tortellini Bake Recipe Tips

In summary, the chef is looking for some ideas on how to make a show that costs $20 and leaves customers with three freezer meals. He is thinking of making the show and demonstrating the meals, and then having people take turns making their own. He is also thinking of making up product sets or tool sets that people can use to prepare the meals.
mhrivera
There is a place in my area which offers customers the opportunity to come, assemble dinners, and take them home to freeze or cook as they like. I love this idea, and want to make it into a show - Make and Take. I would keep it to one entree, charge for the ingredients, and set up little stations so they can use different PC products for themselves, all the while making a dinner.

Now, I just need a recipe! The Cheesy Chicken Tortellini Bake from the Stoneware Inspirations sounds good, but I don't know how it would be if I didn't cook it on the stove top at all - just mix together and bake.

Any experienced cheffers out there with ideas? Thanks in advance! :D

check out Power Cooking for ideas?Hi! You might check out the "Power Cooking" docs on this site (do a search in files for "power" or use the link http://www.chefsuccess.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3357) for some additional recipe ideas. Although it's a different type of show, it also has the premise of prepare ahead and then freeze to cook later. Sounds like a great idea to me! Be sure to let us know what you end up doing and how it turns out!

I did the Pasta Roll Ups from Stoneware Inspirations with my MOMS Club. I had them all bring their own sauce (two jars) and then I got everything else and they reimbursed me. They also brought their own pans from home.

i'm actually doing this with a group of moms - it's a power cooking show BUT everyone is going home with 3 freezer meals. they want to keep it to a $20 maximum. any ideas about how to do 3 affordable freezer meals for $20 and how to set up? i was thinking of doing my 'show' and demonstrating the 3 meals - and then when i'm done they can take turns coming up and making their own while i take orders. i'll prep some food earlier - but also leave some things for them to do so they can try the products.
just looking for some suggestions or ideas to make this run smooth and be cost effective!!
thanks
jen

Well, the first tip I'd offer is to use the same/similar meats for all of the dishes - look for variety of final result, but using as many common ingredients as possible.I like this idea, and may try it out in the future...

Great recipe site!Do a search for Freezer Cooking. I found a great site on yahoo called 30 Day Gourmet Freezer Cooking. You can view alot of the recipes there with out joining the site. If you want to view all the recipes you can join by ordering their cookbook for $14.95. I got some great recipes. I don't know why they call it Gourmet Freezer Cooking, because most of the recipes I saw were pretty basic with minimal ingredients and detailed instructions on how to assemble the meal to freeze, how to cook it and even a table that calculates measurements if you want to make more servings. I really like the idea of doing this, but am not sure how it would work in getting people to place PC orders. I'm afraid that they will feel they spent so much money on the food they don't want to spend more for PC products. Maybe if you made up product sets or tool sets that they would use to prepare the meals. They could place the order in advance so that they would have the product to make their meals. You could probably afford to give them a discount based on the number of people signed up to take the class and purchase the products. Then you could use the hostess rewards and order product to raffle off as a bonus, or you could sell raffle tickets or do a Pampered pool. This would probably cover the cost of the discount you gave them on the products. :confused: Does anyone else have any ideas about this?

Related to Make and Take - Cheesy Chicken Tortellini Bake Recipe Tips

1. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to 24 hours before baking. Just make sure to cover it tightly with plastic wrap or foil.

2. Can I use frozen tortellini?

Yes, you can use frozen tortellini for this recipe. Just be sure to thaw it completely before adding it to the dish.

3. Can I substitute the chicken for a different protein?

Absolutely! This recipe is versatile and can be made with any protein of your choice. Try using cooked ground beef, shrimp, or even tofu for a vegetarian option.

4. Can I use a different type of cheese?

Yes, you can use any type of cheese that melts well. Some great options include cheddar, mozzarella, or even a blend of different cheeses.

5. How can I make this recipe gluten-free?

To make this recipe gluten-free, you can use gluten-free tortellini and substitute all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend. You can also use gluten-free breadcrumbs or omit them entirely.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJWarren
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • GeorgiaPeach
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefkristin
  • joemyers1961