• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maintaining Business After Baby: Strategies for Working Moms

In summary, the author had a baby in August and is currently nursing him. She took about a month-and-a-half off and then started back with a show a week. She held fewer shows in order to conserve her time with her son. She is currently pregnant and due in early April. She likes the baby is due sale.
jennuone
I am looking for some brilliant ideas on how to keep my business rolling after I have a baby in May. I will be nursing. (excuse the repeat post, I posted on a diff. forum also)

I just had a baby in August and am nursing him. I took about a month-and-a-half off and then started back with a show a week. I am only gone during one nursing period, so I just pumped and had my husband give him the bottle. He is 5 months old now and I try to do 2 shows a week. It is still going well!

I had a Baby Is Due sale to help with the two weeks before and two weeks after the due date when I didn't book any shows. I mailed and emailed out notices offering 40% off stoneware (stoneware was 20% September 2003, too!), accepting orders by voice mail or email only. (since I didn't know exactly when the baby was coming!) While the extra 20% off cut into my commission, it kept my numbers up, helped me make more commission on the real shows that I had done (by submitting more sales in the month, bumping up my percentage).

After that, I took the baby and did the demonstration with him in a Maya Wrap baby sling. I'd set up, nurse him right before starting the show, he'd sleep through the whole demo, I'd nurse him again, then collect orders/clean up.

When he got to be about 3 months old, he was more unpredictable about sleeping through the demo, so I needed to start leaving him home with his siblings and a sitter. I did decrease the amount of shows I held that year so I didn't have to leave him too much. You could always make up for not doing as many shows by recruiting more!

Thanks for the ideas! My baby is due sometime in early April. I like the Baby is Due Sale. I may have to try that out. Keep the ideas coming!

Congratulations! I don't have any advice (my baby boy was 18 when I started), but I wish you all the best.

I really like the baby is due sale! Thanks for the idea! Keep em coming!!!:D

Related to Maintaining Business After Baby: Strategies for Working Moms

What is "Maintaining Business After Baby"?

"Maintaining Business After Baby" is a workshop specifically designed for working moms who are looking for strategies and tips on managing their careers while raising a family.

Who is the target audience for this workshop?

The target audience for this workshop is working moms who are either expecting a baby or have young children and are looking for ways to balance their professional and personal lives.

What can attendees expect to learn from this workshop?

Attendees can expect to learn practical strategies for time management, setting boundaries, and juggling responsibilities as a working mom. They will also gain insight into effective communication and self-care techniques.

Is this workshop only applicable to moms who work outside of the home?

No, this workshop is relevant for all working moms, whether they work outside of the home or from home. The strategies and tips shared can be applied to any work situation.

How long is the workshop and how much does it cost?

The workshop typically lasts 1-2 hours, depending on the size of the group and the level of discussion. The cost may vary, but it is typically around $50 per attendee. However, some companies may offer this workshop as a benefit for their employees, so it is best to check with your employer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kraber
  • jennuone
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Kelly8