• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I keep my business going after having a baby?

In summary, as a new mom running a Pampered Chef business, it's important to prioritize and plan ahead. You can still host parties and events, utilize online tools, and delegate tasks to others. Stay connected with customers through social media and email marketing, and continue growing your business by reaching out to your network and attending events. To avoid business suffering during maternity leave, consider hiring temporary help or partnering with another consultant, and offer special deals to keep customers engaged.
jennuone
Hello! I am looking for some brilliant ideas to keep my business rolling after I have my baby. She is due in May and I don't want to lose touch.

I'm anxious to hear ideas...I'm due in April!

I am also looking for some new show ideas as well!!

Bear in mind that I don't have any children, but these are ideas that I've heard others use with great success.

Do more shows while you still can, and really book the month you're due - but with catalog shows.
Remember that many people will want to see the baby, so you can use that to your advantage and book "see my baby" shows.
Try to do shorter shows when you do return to demos - one recipe, and have a lot of prep done ahead. Then you can get back home to the baby (or a nap!)
Let eveyone know that you're going through this. Some folks will be more willing to help you stay active with a catalog show than if you weren't in the situation.
Offer a baby pool to your regular newsletter subscribers - everyone pays $1 or $2 a chance and puts in a guess as to when the baby will arrive and gender (if you don't know already). Then the person who was closest gets the money for a shopping spree. (We did something like this at my sister's shower- people picked AM/PM, date and gender, so there were 4 options for each date. The winner got half the pot, and my sister got the rest to put into a piggy bank for the baby.)

Hope this helps!

My cousin who got me started and addiced to PC just had her baby the end of Dec... so I can ask her what all she did during that month... and how she has been doing since and bring back some ideas...

One show idea that I can think of is to have a Catalog Show for an office... my cluster calls it a "Pamper you Business" and all you have to do is you make your contact the host and you bring in an already made treat of some kind and do a little demo of the products and leave the treat and the order forms... and let your host work the order forms for about 4 days and then come back and figure out how much free products they get and you get a great sale!!!

These are some really great ideas!

Schedule catalog parties over the period of months that you feel you need them. Your last mo. or two of pregnancy- keep shows scheduled. If something happens that you aren't physically able to "do them" ask them to change it into a catalog show for now, and rebook them down the road for once you have the baby. Get catalog shows on the books NOW for when you have the baby and for however long you want to be "off work" Like said earlier, people are sometimes willing to help you out in this situation even if they normally wouldn't want to do a cat. show.

Sit down with DH and make a plan for after the baby comes...how many shows per month or per week is HE ok with...so you are both on the same page and you can start to schedule NOW when you are going to return to doing kitchen shows!

One more piece of advice: enjoy every day! Focus on your pregnancy and all of the wonderful changes that you are experiencing (even if they aren't all enjoyable-I know!!) and then once the baby is here, make sure you "stay in the moment" and enjoy your new baby! They are only small like that for an instant (even though it feels like forever at the time... :) ) so enjoy every part!

How about this one:

On all your shows from now 'til then, have a contest...on their door prize slips have them try to guess the day and time you'll have the baby.

The closest will win "X" (maybe a show after the baby is born with free ingredients and a "grand prize" item)

Next person wins X% off an item, or X item...

Be creative with rewards and try to encorporate them into building your business. Be open about you would love to do catalog shows in your last month and first month after pregnancy...kind of what Kelly is talking about...

If you make the rewards decent enough to get people to play, you have their names, etc. to keep in contact with them.

I followed my director's lead, and took my baby with me for the first month after he was born......he went to his first PC show at 8 days old!......however, I only scheduled shows with friends for that month, and my hosts knew that he was coming with me - they were actually all excited, and Micah mostly just slept. I was nursing him, so I would nurse just before guests were due to arrive.
Oh - he was born in June, so my shows that first month were all "Ice Cream Socials" - I would bake a pan of brownies ahead of time, and then show some of the tools, and have an Ice Cream Bar set up for people to make their own sundaes - I used the chopper, egg slicer, ice cream scoop, crinkle cutter, small bamboo spoons, small saute pan (sauteed some bananas) SA pieces for serving. It was mostly a Walk Thru The Catalog show.....I had such a "mommy brain" from lack of sleep etc....that I don't think I could have done a full blown demo. People were very understanding, and had some great turnouts from everyone wanting to see the baby!

Related to How can I keep my business going after having a baby?

1. How can I balance being a new mom and running my Pampered Chef business?

It can be challenging to juggle the responsibilities of being a new mom and managing a business, but it is definitely possible. One helpful tip is to plan ahead and prioritize your tasks. Set specific times for business-related activities and make sure to also schedule in time for yourself and your baby. You can also consider delegating tasks to others or utilizing online tools to help manage your business more efficiently.

2. Will I still be able to host parties and events while taking care of a newborn?

Yes, you can still host parties and events! You may need to make some adjustments, such as hosting smaller parties at your home or at a friend's house instead of larger events. You can also consider virtual parties or online events to make it more convenient for you and your baby.

3. How can I stay connected with my customers while on maternity leave?

Staying connected with your customers is crucial to keeping your business going. Utilize social media and email marketing to keep them updated on new products and promotions. You can also schedule occasional in-person events or meet-ups to maintain personal connections with your customers.

4. What can I do to continue growing my business during this time?

One way to continue growing your business is by reaching out to your network and asking for referrals. You can also consider expanding your customer base by attending local events or collaborating with other businesses. Additionally, utilize your downtime during naps or quiet moments to brainstorm new marketing ideas or improve your product knowledge.

5. How can I make sure my business doesn't suffer while I am on maternity leave?

To ensure your business doesn't suffer during your maternity leave, it's important to plan ahead and have a backup plan in place. Consider hiring a temporary assistant or partnering with a fellow Pampered Chef consultant to handle orders and events while you are on leave. You can also offer special deals or promotions to keep customers engaged and interested in your business during this time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crisbm103
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
ChefGwendolyn
  • Sabrina Serfling
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Sabrina Serfling
  • aimee73b