• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Feeling Stuck? Find Motivation and Change Your Attitude

In summary, Noora is feeling negative about her business and feels like she is stuck in a low spot. She is new to the direct sales world, and is having difficulty meeting new people and getting bookings. She has tried networking, emailing her customers, and events, but feels like she is not making much progress. She is meeting with her recruiter and director for advice.
lesliec
I am feeling pretty negative right now. I am in a major slump and don't really feel a way to get out.
I am new. My 90 days is this week. I really worked my butt off in May. I ended up closing 6 shows, but only had about 1700 in sales. A couple of those were catalog shows that barely had $150 in sales, but beyond that I have a pretty low show average. I feel like I am stuck in a circle of low spenders. I get bookings off of them, but not many of them are spending much at the actual shows. I have had 3 shows cancel on me recently.
I am really frustrated b/c my commissions weren't even $400 after working my butt off, and that doesn't even account for gas, business supplies, baby sitters etc.
I was hoping to make this a career, and actually be able to make some money at it, and I have had a few shows, but I don't feel like my business is taking off the way it should. DH is very supportive, and keeps telling me it takes a lot to get a business off the ground, but I am not really sure that it is worth the time or energy.
Please help motivate me and help me change my attitude.

What are you doing to meet new people? Have you tried fairs? Do you talk to people while out and about? Have you truly gone through your list of 100?

DH is right... it usually takes a year in direct sales to get it going... and it's good he is supportive... I have a supportive hubby too. I barely qualified in my first 90 days but I did... I am still not where I want to be with my business but it's picking up. You have to be excited about it. I realize you worked your butt off and don't feel like you got a real good return. Here's what I've done to get me through....

carry a catalog everywhere... I take it out and read it in the grocery store line and people will ask

joined a local networking group.... this has boosted my business significantly... more with the guys in the group than the women

asked everyone I knew to host a show... I got a TON of No's... especially from my hubby's aunts. I'm a STAHM so I don't actually know that many people.

send out a monthly newsletter and emails from customer connection of the PWS... I make my own newsletters instead of subscribing to one... I have the time and the know how so it's theraputic to me to make them

Follow up with a phone call - I'm terrible with that but you gotta do it

I've also done several events, they are worth the up front costs with the bookings and leads. I've also traded shows with other direct sales folk... if you do a party for them they do one for you. This works.

Seek advice from your recruiter and director... they have good info. This site has awesome info too...

You can do it. Make it fun... you are in this for yourself and no one else. We have all had slumps and we all get through them. Try and stay positive even when you don't feel like you can and I am the most pessemistic person I know.

Noora, I do still have people on my list to call. Thank you for reminding me of this. I am just so discouraged after all of the work I have done. I feel like it has really taken away a lot of time from my children, and then I don't even have the financial gain to show. I really enjoy getting out and doing shows, and that is something DH pointed out, although I don't want to just be a hobbyist at this. I know nothing is easy, I am just not highly organized, so it has been a lot of work for me.
Vanscootin, I like your idea about reading a catalog in the grocery store line. I may have to try that one. I am so bad about talking to people when I am out and about. I don't know how to transition to talk to them about PC.

lesliec said:
I know nothing is easy, I am just not highly organized, so it has been a lot of work for me.

I am not organzied either so don't feel bad... I have 2 kids and a hubby who works 10 hour shifts... in a house that is way too small. I have my pc stuff all over our bedroom. My mother also recently had a stroke and we are moving her to town with us so we will be moving as well. Between my mom, the kids and all their appointments and school and what nots, and the housework I don't know how I get any PC stuff done... but somehow I do and still make it to bed by 10 or 11. Where there is a will there is a way!

Don't get down on yourself. I think it was Frank Sinatra who sang "I did it my way." Now matter how you do it, keep the faith and you will succeed!

The hardest work is in the beginning. Though, you don't want to ever stop working at your business. As you slowly work your way outside of your circle of friends and family you're more likely to feel successful. And, yes, for most of us it takes a good year or so to really build momentum and get a business rolling.

Related to Feeling Stuck? Find Motivation and Change Your Attitude

What are some ways to find motivation when feeling stuck?

1. Set clear and achievable goals for yourself. When you have a specific target in mind, it can help give you direction and purpose.2. Surround yourself with positive and motivated people. Their energy can be contagious and inspire you to get out of your rut.3. Take a break and do something you enjoy. Sometimes stepping away from the task at hand can help you come back with a fresh perspective.4. Remind yourself of your past successes and accomplishments. This can boost your confidence and remind you that you are capable of achieving great things.5. Seek out inspiration from books, podcasts, or motivational speakers. Sometimes hearing someone else's story can give you the push you need to make a change.

How can I change my attitude to be more positive?

1. Practice gratitude and focus on the things you are thankful for in your life.2. Surround yourself with positive and supportive people.3. Challenge negative thoughts and replace them with more positive and realistic ones.4. Take care of yourself physically by getting enough sleep, eating well, and exercising regularly.5. Engage in activities that bring you joy and make you feel good about yourself.

What are some signs that I may be feeling stuck?

1. Lack of motivation or enthusiasm for things you used to enjoy.2. Feeling stuck in a routine and lacking excitement or new experiences.3. Procrastinating or avoiding tasks that need to be done.4. Feeling unfulfilled or dissatisfied with your current situation.5. Constantly making excuses for why you can't make changes or take action.

How do I maintain motivation and avoid getting stuck again?

1. Regularly reassess your goals and make necessary adjustments.2. Celebrate your successes, no matter how small.3. Keep a positive mindset and focus on the progress you have made.4. Surround yourself with supportive and motivated individuals.5. Continuously challenge yourself and try new things to avoid falling into a rut.

What are some resources or tools that can help me find motivation?

1. Self-help books or podcasts that focus on personal development and motivation.2. Mindfulness and meditation apps to help you stay present and focused.3. Goal-setting and productivity apps to help you stay organized and on track.4. Online communities or support groups with like-minded individuals.5. Professional coaching or therapy to help you work through any underlying issues or obstacles.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • alidafrizzell
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • straitfan