1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Mailings??? Are they worth it or not??

1. I am fairly new to PC...just signed up in July and qualified last month. :D But I'm wanting to make sure I have atleast 6 shows a month and have been wondering if mailings are worth it or not. I do send out a monthly e-Newsletter and mail out a newsletter to those who do not have email addresses or prefer paper to email. Anyway, I was wondering if any of you have found it a successful marketing strategy to send info out regularly, or if it has been a big waste of stamps and ink.

I'm interested in any ideas on maintaining a great lead list. I have been successful with bookings at shows and from fairs, but I'm having a slow month, followed by a busy one and don't want to find myself in this situation again.

Thanks for the input!

Oct 9, 2005
  2. KHocutt

KHocutt Member

Not sure if mailings work or not

Right after I join PC in August I went through some area neighborhoods and wrote down addresses. Then I mailed each one a postcard with information on hosting a kitchen show. It was pretty general. I probably sent out 50 over a two week period and did not get one call or email. But I may try it again in the spring and see if it works then. And you never know, it may work for you. :cool:

Oct 9, 2005
  3. I did a big mailing when I first started - the "new consultant" flyer which I made into a postcard. I did get some response , but not a lot of shows (Maybe one or two out of 25 or so postcards). I then did a flyer for an open house I was having - I decided since my family members were already doing shows for me, I would only send to my neighbors. I sent out 105 flyers and not a single person showed up for the open house (I don't know my neighbors that well so I can't say I blame them, but it was disappointing) although I did get one outside order.

Recently I did a postcard to send to random ladies I found in the phone book. I've been sending out 15 per week and have yet to get booking out of it, despite the fact that I gave some pretty good incentives and made follow up phone calls.

4. rwesterpchef

rwesterpchef Advanced Member

Mailings can be worth it, but only with follow up. Only mail as many letters out as what you can call for follow up within a few days after receipt. As an example: How many solicitations and catalogs do you receive in the mail, flip through, perhaps circle a few items with intent to purchase...but then do not act on it? Your phone call acts as a call to action.

Personally, I quit mailing out newsletters to those that didn't provide email. I did it for about a year with 10 people (really 8 until toward the end). I guess I spent about $40 over that period on stamps (not counting ink, paper, envelopes or time). I did not receive any calls or orders and quit. On the last mailing I sent them, I had something about notifying me if they wanted to continue receiving; otherwise I would not be sending them in an effort to maintain low business costs - yada yada yada. Didn't hear back from any of the 10. I think the majority of people in this area have emails and most that I was mailing just didn't want to share for fear of spam. I do hear back from people from my emailed newsletters. That's always uplifting!

Lastly, As a new consultant, your best lead list is your Recipe for Success' List of 100. How many do you have so far? How many have you contacted so far(that call to action)? How many can you call this week?

Oct 9, 2005
Have something to add?