• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Made the Peanut Butter Cup Torte And...

In summary, the recipe calls for baking the cake in a nut-free environment, but the recipe cannot be made with nuts.
Yakmama
... it was AMAZING!!!
My new very very favorite dessert. I'm making it for a show on Sat., and I am totally and completley in love with it. I'll have to convince more hosts to let me do it at their shows.

mmmmm.......

Now is a great time to buy PB Cups. Halloween candy is on sale everywhere. Or, get to the store early on November 1, and maybe you'll get them even cheaper.

I LOVE THIS DESSERT! But dang I know it's fattening! But I love it!:blushing::rolleyes:

any suggestions for making it without the torte pan? I know you really need that well or it doesn't turn out right. Someone brought it to our cluster meeting and it turned out an absolute mess. She used regular cake pans.

You could just cut out a well in each layer of the cake. Then you get to eat the part you cut out. Yummm!

I totally agree about this recipe. I'm offering it plus three other recipes this season and it's my most requested one so far. It's seem chocolate is the way to go, last season it was the strawberry velvet chocolate cake.

I'm doing it at a show tomorrow for the first time (I tried it out at home first) it's SOOO rich-we couldn't eat a whole slice! Do you cut it into squares? I told the host to have lots of milk on hand! LOL

I made it for a bake sale fundraiser my son's class had, we put $20.00 on it and it was the first thing to go. Mine stuck just little, but it was very pretty and it is really rich, I made an extra one for us:blushing: and you are right about having plenty of milk to go with it.

I made it at home once.. family loved it..
I have 3 parties this month and they want it...
I'll make it again tonight to "practice" :)

colegrovet said:
I made it at home once.. family loved it..
I have 3 parties this month and they want it...
I'll make it again tonight to "practice" :)

Which cookbook is this one in? Chococolate... Peanutbutter... too rich to eat the entire slice.... how can I not try this one? Do you think because of that, I might not devour half the cake myself? I just lost 10 pounds (thanks to WW and not baking)...

it's the Choc. PB Cup Torte from the new Fall SB, and it's sooooo good!

Made this last night for all-family dinner and they all loved it. I was impressed by how easy it was to make. I did overcook the brownies by a few minutes. I noticed afterwards as I was slicing it that the edges were a little hard. Other than that it was great!!

The recipe says serve immediately. Could I make this tonight. (yeah....I know it's already getting late!) to take to a church dinner tomorrow evening? Would it need to be refrigerated overnight...doesn't seem to have anything perishible.

I wouldn't put it in the frig. It's quite quick to put together if you have time to let it bake while you're doing other things.

It doesn't need to be refrigerated - I had one that lasted a week before it was gone here, and it was fine (covered, of course). The "serve immediately" is because it's best a little warm, so that the PB cups are a little gooey and the marshmallows poof up a little. If you make it ahead, microwave the individual pieces for a few seconds at serving time.

Yummy dessert!! I made this for my show on friday night. They loved it. My granddaughter was there and she said Mimi did you see the looks on their faces when they took their first bite? I didn't get to see that I was busy. They all want the recipe.

Went ahead and made it. We'll see what happens tomorrow night! It looks so yummy! I had to shoo my DH and DS away from it! LOL!

I am so jealous! I reallly want to try this, but my 3 year old son is allergic to peanuts so we can't have it in the house! Soooo sad:cry: I'm trying to find an occasion that I can take it to that he won't be there so I can try it!

ChefPaulaB said:
I am so jealous! I reallly want to try this, but my 3 year old son is allergic to peanuts so we can't have it in the house! Soooo sad:cry: I'm trying to find an occasion that I can take it to that he won't be there so I can try it!

I was thinking about this somewhat. I wanted to make this for our weekly bible study group but one of our friends is also allergic to nuts. I am going to try and barnstorm to think of a way to substitue something else for the PB chips and PB cups.

Any suggestions would be muchly appreciated!!

Ooh, ooh! Just had an idea. What about using caramel for the PB chips and Rolos (Chocolate covered Caramels similar in size to the mini PB cups) for the top?

Last edited:
What about caramel? They have caramel (I know I'm spelling this wrong :eek:) chips and then could use rolos..... of course, this would make it similar to the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies. That's all that I can think of... nothing really takes the place of peanut butter! WE love it and miss it!

ChefPaulaB said:
What about caramel? They have caramel (I know I'm spelling this wrong :eek:) chips and then could use rolos..... of course, this would make it similar to the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies. That's all that I can think of... nothing really takes the place of peanut butter! WE love it and miss it!

Ha, I guess I edited my post while you were posting yours!!:D

KimoMakano said:
Ha, I guess I edited my post while you were posting yours!!:D

LOL! We are good! :sing:

Here's some inspiration for your creative people. The Hersey's Kisses now come with all kinds of fillings - truffle, caramel, cherry cordial and probably more that I don't know about or can't think of. How about trying that? This weekend I am going to make the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies with the caramel kisses instead of the Rolos. We'll see how it works for me.

And this thought just popped in - how about the Andes Chocolate Mints as a Peanut butter cup substitute??​

oooooh those sound good! :love:

LeslieSGI said:
Here's some inspiration for your creative people. The Hersey's Kisses now come with all kinds of fillings - truffle, caramel, cherry cordial and probably more that I don't know about or can't think of. How about trying that? This weekend I am going to make the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies with the caramel kisses instead of the Rolos. We'll see how it works for me.

And this thought just popped in - how about the Andes Chocolate Mints as a Peanut butter cup substitute??​

OMGOsh- I'll bet it's AMAZING with Andes mints!!

LeslieSGI said:

They even have the Kisses with Macademia Nut bits here in Hawaii. Unfortunately that won't work either for my friend, but it does sound good.

If I used the Andes mints for the topping what could I use to substitute for the PC chips with the marshmallows?

I think that they have mint flavored chips too... I know that they have mint m&ms.... or maybe just regular choc chips.

I did make it as well, but the family thought it was a little dry - did I do something wrong?

CindysPChef said:
I did make it as well, but the family thought it was a little dry - did I do something wrong?

Mine was a little dry also. I am pretty sure that is because I overcooked the brownies a little. Next time I am going to make sure that I watch them closely.
After I put them in the oven I began the marshmallow mixture and the PB cups. Before I realized it they had been in there almost 16 minutes!!

CindysPChef said:

The brownies don't take long at all to bake. Also serving it warm helps as well.

I make this last night for our bible study group. Since one of them is allergic to nuts I tried using the Ande's mints instead of the PB cups on top and substituted the PB chips for plain white choc chips.
It came out great, I think I even like it better than the PB version.
The white chips and marshmallows gave a nice white filling that contrasted nicely with the brownie and the drizzle on the top.
The mint flavor was just enough to make it refreshing.
I will be doing this one again.

Can I have the recpie someone please as we don't have the recpie over here yet.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte
----------------------------------Ingredients:
Nonstick cooking spray with flour1 pkg (18-21 oz) traditional or chewy brownie mix3 eggs1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp vegetable oil, divided1/4 cup water1/4 cup creamy peanut butter6 pkg (1.5 oz each) peanut butter cup candies1 bag (10 oz) peanut butter morsels (1 2/3 cups)2 cups mini marshmallowsDirections:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray Torte Pans with nonstick cooking spray with flour. Place 8-in. circles of Parchment Paper over centers of pans; set aside. In Stainless (4-qt.) Mixing Bowl, combine brownie mix, eggs, 1/2 cup of the oil, water and peanut butter; mix well. Divide batter between pans, spreading to edges. Bake 10-12 minutes or until centers feel firm to the touch.2. Meanwhile, using Utility Knife, dice peanut butter cups; set aside. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine peanut butter morsels and remaining 1 tbsp oil; microwave on HIGH 1-2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring after each 30-second interval. Spoon 1/4 cup of the peanut butter mixture into resealable plastic bag; set aside. Fold marshmallows into remaining peanut butter mixture.3. Remove pans from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; let brownies stand in pans 4 minutes. To assemble torte, invert one brownie well-side up onto Simple Additions(R) Large Round Platter. Using Classic Scraper, spread marshmallow filling into brownie well. Invert remaining brownie well-side up onto cooling rack; slide onto bottom layer. Evenly distribute diced peanut butter cups into brownie well. Trim corner of filled bag with Utility Knife to allow peanut butter mixture to flow through; drizzle over torte. Serve immediately.Yield: 16 servingsNutrients per serving: Calories 470, Total Fat 24 g, Saturated Fat 10 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Carbohydrate 53 g, Protein 10 g, Sodium 250 mg, Fiber 2 gCook's Tip: To easily cut torte, dip Utility Knife into hot water between cuts and wipe dry with a damp paper towel. It's best to use a nonstick cooking spray containing flour (for baking) when baking these brownies.

I made this for a friends b day and all loved it I am not that crazy about all the things that went into the mix but it did taste good.

KimoMakano said:
I make this last night for our bible study group. Since one of them is allergic to nuts I tried using the Ande's mints instead of the PB cups on top and substituted the PB chips for plain white choc chips.
It came out great, I think I even like it better than the PB version.
The white chips and marshmallows gave a nice white filling that contrasted nicely with the brownie and the drizzle on the top.
The mint flavor was just enough to make it refreshing.
I will be doing this one again.

OK, I am making this mint version next. Mint is more "Holiday" that peanut butter IMHO. (Although I do love peanut butter, too.)​

LeslieSGI said:

Can someone be so kind as to mop up my drool??? Goodness I have gained 20 pounds just reading this!!

I add one more tablespoon of water to the brownie mix. I have tried 1/3 of a cup of water but it makes it crumbly.

To cut down on some of the richness, serve it with vanilla ice cream. Seriously, we learned this with the Warm Nutty Carmel Brownies.

I love the way this cake looks just like a bakery or commecial cake. The taste is far better...Mrs. Smith or Mr. Pepperidge could not compair!!:sing:

linojackie said:
any suggestions for making it without the torte pan? I know you really need that well or it doesn't turn out right. Someone brought it to our cluster meeting and it turned out an absolute mess. She used regular cake pans.

I'd like to know too. I don't have the torte pans, just the cake pans. Anyone, help??

babyicebean said:
Can I have the recpie someone please as we don't have the recpie over here yet.

We do have a recipe for a Chocolate Mint Silk Torte...

Chocolate Mint Silk Torte
-------------------------

Ingredients:
Melted butter, for brushing
Unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting
1 1/2 packets (415 g each) chocolate fudge brownie mix
100 ml sunflower oil
4 tablespoons water
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
290 g good quality (minimum 47% cocoa solids) mint intense dark chocolate (mint-flavoured dark chocolate), roughly chopped, divided
500 ml double cream, divided
1 packet (200 g) full fat soft cheese
8 thin after-dinner mint chocolates

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/Gas 4. Brush Torte Pans with melted butter. Sprinkle with cocoa powder using Flour/Sugar Shaker; tap out excess cocoa powder. Place 20-cm circles of non-stick baking paper over centres of pans; set aside. In Stainless 4-Litre Mixing Bowl, combine brownie mix, sunflower oil, water, eggs and peppermint extract; mix well. Immediately divide batter evenly between pans, spreading to edges. Bake about 15 minutes or until centres feel just firm to the touch.

2. Meanwhile, for ganache, combine 175 g of the chopped chocolate and 175 ml of the cream in Small Batter Bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 30-60 seconds or until melted and smooth, stirring well after every 20-second interval; set aside. Remove pans from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool cakes in pans 5 minutes. Invert cakes onto cooling rack and cool completely.

3. Meanwhile, for filling, in Easy Read Measuring Cup, combine the remaining 115 g chocolate and 125 ml of the cream; microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 30-60 seconds or until melted and smooth, stirring well after every 20-second interval. In Stainless 2-Litre Mixing Bowl, whip remaining 200 ml cream with Stainless Double Balloon Whisk until soft peaks form. In Classic Batter Bowl, whisk soft cheese until softened; whisk in chocolate mixture until smooth. Fold whipped cream into filling.

4. Attach open star tip to Easy Accent(R) Decorator; fill about two-thirds full with some of filling and set aside. To assemble torte, transfer one brownie to round serving platter. Using Classic Scraper, spread remaining filling into brownie well. Place top brownie layer well-side up over filling. Spread reserved ganache over brownie about 1 cm from edge of well. Pipe a decorative border around ganache inside edge of well. For decoration, cut after-dinner mint chocolates in half crossways and arrange around border. Serve in slices.

Yield: Serves 16

Per serving: Energy 1751kJ/421kcal; Protein 4.5g; Carbohydrate 29.4g; Fat 32.5g; Saturated Fat 16.9g; Fibre 0.4 g; Salt 0.4g

Cook's Tip: For best results, choose a chocolate fudge brownie mix or one marked "traditional" or "chewy" on the packet. Do not use brownie mixes containing chocolate chips or chunks, as these will cause sticking.

Pillsburry also makes Mint Chocolate brownies - with Andes mint chips and a flavored drizzle. I will be making the mint one to take to SIL on Thurs and the peanutbutter one for my family's Thanksgiving on Sunday. I need to taste test both, right?

Related to Made the Peanut Butter Cup Torte And...

1. How do I make the Peanut Butter Cup Torte?

To make the Peanut Butter Cup Torte, you will need a box of chocolate cake mix, butter, eggs, cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and heavy cream. The full recipe can be found on our website or in our Pampered Chef recipe book.

2. Can I use a different type of cake mix for the torte?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix for the torte, but we recommend using a chocolate cake mix for the best results. You can also use a gluten-free cake mix if needed.

3. How long does it take to make the Peanut Butter Cup Torte?

The prep time for the torte is about 20 minutes, and the baking time is around 25 minutes. However, you will need to allow time for the torte to cool and chill in the fridge before serving, which can take an additional 2-3 hours.

4. Can I make the torte ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the torte ahead of time and store it in the fridge until you are ready to serve. It can be made up to 2 days in advance.

5. Can the Peanut Butter Cup Torte be made for a larger group?

Absolutely! The recipe can easily be doubled to make a larger torte to serve a larger group. You can also make individual tortes by using a muffin tin or mini springform pans.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cookin' Mama
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Pampered Amber
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
MSmith
  • Kodeysmom