• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte

In summary, a recipe for a delicious and easy brownie topped with peanut butter cups and marshmallows was shared. Some tips were given, such as not forgetting the peanut butter and making sure to have enough peanut butter cups. The recipe can be found in the new SBRC. Some additional tips were also shared, including using the FC Utility Knife and grating chocolate on top for a peanut butter cup trifle. The brownie was a hit at a gathering, with the Utility Knife making it easy to cut small slices. There is also a recipe for a similar dessert using the Fluted Stone in the Microwave.
Kodeysmom
Gold Member
Just finished making this. Very easy and delicious. I felt the pounds coming on as I was making it.
A few tips
1.Don't forget the peanut butter. After the brownies were already in the oven I went on to the next step and couldn't figure out where the peanut butter was supposed to go-yup in the brownie mix. But its only a 1/4 cup so no big deal. Still tastes good without it.
2. Make sure you have enough Reese cups. The directions say 6 so I only bought the pack with 8 singles and 2 were eaten up by DH and DS quickly when i said there were 2 extra. Nope, you need 6 packs or 12 singles. So there wasn't very many to go on top. But all in all it is delicious.

Thanks! for the heads up...I'm thinking about making it for Mondays nights cluster meeting...:D

Thanks! Ditto here Ginger for our next meeting! ;)

I've been drooling since Conference,,,,,:rolleyes:

Is this a new recipe? It sounds super delicious! Anyone have the recipe to post?

vwpamperedchef said:
Is this a new recipe? It sounds super delicious! Anyone have the recipe to post?

It's in the new SBRC.

Great! I did look thru it but just briefly and can you imagine my two favorite things, chocolate and peanut butter. I cannot wait!

If you don't want to spend money on buying a lot of peanut butter cups, what I do with my peanut butter cup trifle is grate chocolate chips in the grater and put on top or sprinkle with mini-chips. Then I melt some more peanut butter and drizzle it back and forth over the top. The mixture tastes just like a chunk of a peanut butter cup.

I wish I had gotten the torte pan set when it was on supply on sale...I don't have it and I have a show in September where the host SPECIFICALLY asked for Chocolate and Peanut Butter. I may have to make my peanut butter cup trifle if I don't have enough in my budget for the torte pan set yet...

I made this for a gathering tonight. I think I cut way more than 16 slices using the Utility Knife - a definite necessity, both the knife and cutting small slices. It was very rich. I have some added tips for this recipe.

-I was trying to get ahead last night and made the brownie ahead of time. Today when I was finishing I realized that it's supposed to be served warm. The marshmallows were supposed to go on top of a very warm brownie. It ended up being just fine. I didn't worry about putting it in the frig at the gathering. I was able to leave it outside during dinner until we ate it.
-I think 12 individual peanut butter cups were more than enough. I cut them with two slices one way and turned them and cut two slices the other way. I think I should have cut the pieces smaller. A warm brownie would have "cemented" the cups to the torte much better than a room temp brownie.
-The FC Utility Knife was needed. I didn't need hot water. I just occasionally wiped it off.

I think 8 or more mini peanut butter cups would have been great, cut in half and placed along around the outside, top of the torte to mark off the slices. I'm going to try that next time and use less regular cups.

Very very rich and tasty. I wasn't sure about the marshmallows because I don't care too much for marshmallows in many dessert, but they worked very well, and it was very good.

I can't wait to try this!!! Thanks girls for the tips!!!

pampered.chris said:
I can't wait to try this!!! Thanks girls for the tips!!!
Seriously, I was mobbed by adults and children lined up to get a slice of this. I'm pretty sure I was able to feed way more than 16 people. The Utility Knife really made cutting small slices easy. I actually just used the knife to serve it too. The Slice and Serve would have been too wide.

janetupnorth said:
I wish I had gotten the torte pan set when it was on supply on sale...I don't have it and I have a show in September where the host SPECIFICALLY asked for Chocolate and Peanut Butter. I may have to make my peanut butter cup trifle if I don't have enough in my budget for the torte pan set yet...

There is a recipe on here that uses the Fluted Stone in the Microwave. I can look it up fir you if you want....:)

Hmm...I have the fluted stone! Sure, if you have it handy, pass it on...I'm busy working on closing a show. ;)

janetupnorth said:
Hmm...I have the fluted stone! Sure, if you have it handy, pass it on...I'm busy working on closing a show. ;)

I'm still looking for it....

Isn't that Carolyn's recipe?

ChefBeckyD said:
Isn't that Carolyn's recipe?

I think its Pampered Lindas...
But here it is...

PEANUTTY CHOCOLATE CAKE

1 package (18.25 oz) devil’s food cake mix
1 container (16 oz) sour cream
3 eggs
9 peanut butter cup candies (0.6 oz each)
½ cup peanut butter
½ cup (3 oz) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons peanuts, chopped

Lightly spray Stoneware Fluted Pan with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer or brush with vegetable oil using Pastry Brush. Place cake mix in Classic Batter Bowl. In Small Batter Bowl, combine sour cream and eggs; whisk until smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk. Add sour cream mixture to cake mix; mix until smooth using Mix ‘N Scraper®. Using Large Scoop, place 12 scoops of batter into bottom of pan; spread evenly. Arrange peanut butter cup candies in a circular pattern over batter. Top with remaining batter, spreading evenly. Microwave cake on HIGH 11-14 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted near center comes out clean. (Cake will be slightly moist on top near center.) Remove to Stackable Cooling Rack; let stand 10 minutes Loosen cake from sides of pan. Carefully invert cake onto Round Platter. Place peanut butter in Small Micro-Cooker®. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until melted; stir until smooth using Skinny Scraper. Pour peanut butter evenly over top of cake, allowing it to drip down sides. Place chocolate morsels and oil in same micro-cooker. Microwave on HIGH 20-40 seconds or until melted and smooth. Drizzle chocolate evenly over peanut butter topping. Coarsely chop peanuts using Food Chopper; sprinkle over top of cake. Slice and serve using Slice ‘N Serve®.

Yield 12 servings or 20 sample servings

Note: If using a microwave oven without a built-in turntable, rotate cake after 6 minutes of cooking.

TIP: To bake in a conventional oven, preheat oven to 350°F. Bake 40-45 minutes or until cake tester inserted near center comes out clean.

Thanks Ginger - I'll have to "test" that one too... ;)It's amazing I don't weigh 200...luckily I'm an active person!

I SO want to try this one ... I'm wondering if I can use just regular cake pans instead!

Heres what it looks like....

Attachments

• IMG_1422.jpg
    IMG_1422.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 398
I am going to have to try the Peanutty Chocolate Cake too!!!! Thank you very much for sharing!!

That looks so yummy!! Man I want chocolate now!

WOW - I think I am gain 20 pounds just looking at it!

Di_Can_Cook said:
I SO want to try this one ... I'm wondering if I can use just regular cake pans instead!
You could use regular cakes, but you may want to create a shallow well in at least the bottom layer so the marshmallows don't slide out. Probably the top layer, too, so the PB Cups don't fall off quite as easily.

Try confessions... I have made it twice now! I use double the amount of Reeses that it calls for! BAD :D By far this is my new favorite!!

that looks amazing!!! I am going to papmper a biz with that one!!!!! Thanks

I'm really trying to get excited about this but I'm not big on Chocolate and I HATE PB!!

There are other great desserts that aren't chocolate. I have a hard time getting excited about much that isn't chocolate when it comes to desserts. I did like the mini lemon cakes.

I made this last week and thought it was way too sweet. :(

I'm making this tomorrow for our cluster meeting! Thanks for the tips!

PCJen said:
I made this last week and thought it was way too sweet. :(
I think the slices need to be smaller than 16 total slices. It would be too sweet if you have too much. But for the most part, nothing is too sweet for me when peanut butter and chocolate are involved. :)

my upline made it last week for our meeting...it was so GOOD! but i couldnt finish my piece and I AM A BIG GIRL! needed some milk too. :)

1. How do I make the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte?

To make the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte, follow these steps:
1. Prepare a 9-inch springform pan by greasing it with butter.
2. Mix together the brownie mix, eggs, oil, and water according to the package instructions.
3. Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 20-25 minutes.
4. While the brownies are baking, melt the chocolate and peanut butter in a double boiler or in the microwave.
5. Once the brownies are done, let them cool for about 10 minutes.
6. Pour the melted chocolate and peanut butter over the brownies and spread it evenly.
7. Place the unwrapped Reese's cups on top of the chocolate and peanut butter layer.
8. Let the torte cool in the refrigerator for about an hour before serving.

2. Is the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte easy to make?

Yes, the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte is very easy to make. It only requires a few simple steps and basic baking ingredients. Even beginner bakers can successfully make this delicious dessert.

3. Can I skip the peanut butter in the recipe?

While the peanut butter adds a delicious flavor to the torte, it is not necessary if you have an allergy or simply do not enjoy the taste. You can omit the peanut butter from the recipe and still have a delicious chocolate torte.

4. How many Reese's cups do I need for this recipe?

The recipe calls for 6 Reese's cups, but if you want to have more on top, you can use up to 12 individual cups. Keep in mind that the number of cups you need will depend on the size of your pan and how many you want to have on top of the torte.

5. How long does the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte need to cool before serving?

The torte should cool in the refrigerator for about an hour before serving. This will allow the chocolate and peanut butter to set and create a delicious, fudgy layer on top of the brownies. If you are short on time, you can also place the torte in the freezer for about 30 minutes to speed up the cooling process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Pampered Amber