• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte Question

Did you use store brand PB chips? I find that store brand chips don't melt well. Reese's melted great for me.From what I understand.. the bowl and utensils have to be dry. Water will make it grainy and keep the chocolate from melting correctly. They also melt quickly.. if you cook them too long they will turn grainy and not melt.I usually cook 20 seconds, stir and then cook 10 - 20 more seconds and stir and continue until they are smooth.
kcjodih
Gold Member
Did anyone else find this dry?

We had it at our meeting tonight and I found it very dry. Maybe it was because my director made the cake part ahead of time so it was room temp not warm/hot and the marshmallows and cups didn't melt at all. It was basically brownie with melted pb chips and marshmallows, then brownie with pb cups.

When it's made immediately do the cup pieces melt a little putting them on the warm brownie?

It was definitely tasty but too dry :yuck:

Mini cheeseburgers were yummy though! :love:

Yes when its put together when the brownie is still warm, everything melts-the marshmallows and the reese's.

If the whole thing is room temp, heat up individual pieces in the microwave for a few seconds each. It makes a world of difference!

I did find that even fresh out of the oven it was a very Thick dessert. Couldn't eat much. But it def. needs to be warm.

chefann said:
If the whole thing is room temp, heat up individual pieces in the microwave for a few seconds each. It makes a world of difference!

Thanks Ann, that's exactly what I ended up doing halfway through my piece :) Everyone else had already had their's though since I did all her dishes for her.

Thanks everyone!

We had it at our last meeting and it was very good. It didn't seem dry, but we really wished we had a glass of milk. :) When she made it, she took it out of the oven, let it cool the 4 minutes, and then proceeded to do the filling part. So the marshmallows turned into a great goo with the peanut butter. She gave out her only 2 pieces of leftover and I was lucky to get one. (Actually, I had intended to give it to my husband. But when I saw it STILL in the fridge the next day I figured it was fair game and ate it. I did give him fair warning about how good it was and that he should eat it very soon! I warmed it up in the microwave a bit, and oh it was still so good.) Aah, I love this dessert. ;)

One of my consultant's made this for our last meeting and she said to make sure the pb cups are unwrapped and chopped up. If the pb to drizzle on is left too long it will not spread on very well.

It was drier than I thought it would be so it sounds like the secret is to eat it warm and/or warm it up if not....yummmmy!

So funny, we had this at our cluster meeting last night too. It was very rich but the peanutbutter/marshmallow part was a bit dry but I think that is easily remedied.

The slogan after eating this is "Got Milk?"

It's also good with a big mug of coffee.

Another Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte QuestionI made this dessert twice, and both times the peanut butter chips didn't melt! I mixed a tablespoon of oil with them, put them in the microwave for a few minutes stirring them every 30 seconds but they didn't melt - they came out clumpy and grainy. The same thing happened once when i tried to melt chocolate chips and a few drops of water accidently got mixed in. Did anyone else have this problem?? What did I do wrong???

It was good, anyway, but I think it would be better with the marshmellows melted and gooey.....

TIA

Lee

Re: Another Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte Question
pcheflena said:
I made this dessert twice, and both times the peanut butter chips didn't melt! I mixed a tablespoon of oil with them, put them in the microwave for a few minutes stirring them every 30 seconds but they didn't melt - they came out clumpy and grainy. The same thing happened once when i tried to melt chocolate chips and a few drops of water accidently got mixed in. Did anyone else have this problem?? What did I do wrong???

It was good, anyway, but I think it would be better with the marshmellows melted and gooey.....

TIA

Lee
Did you use store brand PB chips? I find that store brand chips don't melt well. Reese's melted great for me.

From what I understand.. the bowl and utensils have to be dry. Water will make it grainy and keep the chocolate from melting correctly. They also melt quickly.. if you cook them too long they will turn grainy and not melt. I usually cook 20 seconds, stir and then cook 10 - 20 more seconds and stir and continue until they are smooth. They will keep their shape if you don't stir.. which leads you to believe they are not melting.. so you nuke longer which ruins them. They are usually ready in less than a minute.. I think it is the same for peanut chips....

PB chips can be the same as white "chocolate" chips, in that they're made from mostly cocoa butter with sugar and flavorings. You need to treat them delicately - make sure all the utensils are dry and stir every 10 seconds or so.

I made this at home yesterday and it was wonderful! I used Reese's peanut butter chips and they melted perfectly. After drizzling the top with the mixture, my fiance said it was too pretty to eat. Well...almost!

I brought the rest of it to work today and they said "Where did you BUY this cake?" They didn't believe me at first that I had made it from scratch and then they said, "Yeah, that's right. You ARE the pampered chef!"

That was the best compliment!!

JAE said:
Did you use store brand PB chips? I find that store brand chips don't melt well. Reese's melted great for me.

nope, I used Reese's both times.

chefann said:
PB chips can be the same as white "chocolate" chips, in that they're made from mostly cocoa butter with sugar and flavorings. You need to treat them delicately - make sure all the utensils are dry and stir every 10 seconds or so.

I'll double check next time to make sure everything is completely dry. I'm thinking there had to be water somewhere that got into the mix, maybe on the mix n' scraper or something.

Thanks everyone for your responses!

"Where did you BUY this cake?"
That is a really good selling point for shows. I love those torte pans! The way I word it is, it looks like you went and spent a lot of money at a bakery, but it's just a little old cake mix.

DessertDivaFL said:
I made this at home yesterday and it was wonderful! I used Reese's peanut butter chips and they melted perfectly. After drizzling the top with the mixture, my fiance said it was too pretty to eat. Well...almost!

I brought the rest of it to work today and they said "Where did you BUY this cake?" They didn't believe me at first that I had made it from scratch and then they said, "Yeah, that's right. You ARE the pampered chef!"

That was the best compliment!!

I made this for my head cook last week and this torte is stunning!! I used 3 jumbo eggs and I think it helped with the moistness of the brownie. One of my consultants made it and forgot to prepare the pb cups so got everything measured and prepped ahead of time. When it came time to put it together, I did one thing right after another and I had the same great results.

Then eating it was just as rewarding!:D

My son said "Mom, I want this for my birthday cake". lol

1. What is the main ingredient of the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte?

The main ingredient of our Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte is a combination of rich chocolate and creamy peanut butter.

2. Is the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte gluten-free?

Yes, our Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte is gluten-free and can be enjoyed by those with gluten sensitivities.

3. How many servings does the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte provide?

Our Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte serves 8-10 people, making it perfect for sharing at parties or events.

4. Can the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte be made in advance?

Yes, you can make the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte in advance and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

5. Does the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte contain any artificial ingredients?

No, our Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte is made with all-natural ingredients and does not contain any artificial flavors or preservatives.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • Kodeysmom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
SLDOWDY1978
  • DebPC