• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Lost Peach Cobbler Recipe from 10 Years Ago - Can You Help?

In summary, a guest was looking for a peach cobbler recipe she had lost that included canned peaches, white cake mix, and a crumble topping. The Peach Skillet Cobbler recipe provided may not include cake mix, but it features a delicious fruit filling of fresh peaches, sugar, cornstarch, and ginger, and a cobbler topping made from flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, butter, and water. The cobbler is baked in a skillet and can be served with ice cream or whipped topping for a delightful dessert.
cheftiffany
I had a guest last night who said she went to a show like 10 years ago and there was a peach cobbler recipe that she had but has lost. It included a can of peaches, white cake mix (maybe jiffy box) and possibly something that resembled a crumble on top. Does anyone know what she's talking about and where I can find it?
Thanks for your help

Here you go!! Not sure if this is it or not b/c I don't see cake mix but.......

Peach Skillet Cobbler
(Delightful Desserts...pg 36)

Fruit Filling
1/3 cup sugar
2 Tbls cornstarch
1 Tsp peeled and finely chopped fresh ginger root
8 cups sliced, peeled fresh peaches (about 8 large or 3 3/4 lbs)

Cobbler Topping
1 cup flour
1/3 cup plus 2 tsp sugar, divided
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 Tbls butter or margarine
1/4 cup cold water
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup natural sliced almonds
Ice cream or thawed, frozen whipped topping (optional)
Fresh mint leaves (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 375F. For fruit filling, mix sugar, cornstarch and ginger in Small Batter Bowl; set aside. Slice peaches into 1/2 inch slices using Paring Knife.

2. Toss peaches with cornstarch mixture in large Colander Bowl until evenly coated. Spoon into Large (10 inch) Skillet; cover with lid. Heat peach mixture over medium heat until mixture begins to bubble.

3. Meanwhile, for cobbler topping, combine flour, 1/3 cup of the sugar, baking powder and salt in Classic Batter Bowl. Using Pastry Blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add water; stir just until dough clings together.

4. Remove cover from skillet. Using Large Scoop, drop 6 scant scoops of dough, 2 inches apart, over hot filling. (Filling must be very hot so that biscuit dough will bake through. Biscuits will spread during baking). Combine remaining 2 teaspoons sugar and cinnamon in Flour/Sugar Shaker. Sprinkle dough with almonds and sugar-cinnamon mixture.

5. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Using Oven Mitts, carefully remove skillet to Nonstick Cooling Rack. Cool at least 30 minutes before serving. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping and garnish with mint leaves, if desired.

Makes 6 servings.

!Hi there! I think I know the recipe your guest is talking about. It's called "Peach Cobbler Dump Cake" and it's super easy to make. Here's the recipe:Ingredients:
- 1 can of peaches (in syrup or juice)
- 1 box of white cake mix (I've used Jiffy before and it works great)
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats or chopped nuts (optional)Instructions:
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. In a 9x13 inch baking dish, pour the can of peaches (with the syrup or juice) and spread them evenly.
3. Sprinkle the dry cake mix over the peaches.
4. Drizzle the melted butter over the cake mix.
5. If desired, sprinkle the rolled oats or chopped nuts on top.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the peaches are bubbling.
7. Let it cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!I hope this is the recipe your guest was looking for. Let me know how it turns out if you end up making it! :)

1. Can you provide me with the exact ingredients for the lost peach cobbler recipe?

Unfortunately, we do not have the exact ingredients for the lost peach cobbler recipe from 10 years ago. However, we do have a delicious peach cobbler recipe on our website that you can try.

2. Is there a chance that the lost recipe will be found?

We cannot guarantee that the lost peach cobbler recipe will be found, but we are constantly searching for old recipes and updating our database. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

3. Can I substitute any ingredients in the current peach cobbler recipe to make it taste like the lost recipe?

While we cannot guarantee that substituting ingredients will make the current peach cobbler taste like the lost recipe, you are welcome to experiment and see what works best for your taste buds. We recommend sticking to the current recipe for the best results.

4. Do you have any tips for making the current peach cobbler taste similar to the lost recipe?

We understand that you may miss the taste of the lost recipe, but we recommend following the current peach cobbler recipe as closely as possible. You can also try adding a bit of extra cinnamon or brown sugar for a more nostalgic flavor.

5. Can I request for the lost peach cobbler recipe to be recreated?

We are always looking for new recipe ideas and suggestions from our customers. While we cannot guarantee that the lost peach cobbler recipe will be recreated, we appreciate your feedback and will take it into consideration for future recipe development.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jwpamp
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
myinnerchef
  • cmdtrgd
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • jwpamp