• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for Apple/Jiffy Mix/Butter Cobbler

In summary, to make Apple Cobbler, you will need apples, sugar, flour, butter, cinnamon, and your choice of either a Jiffy Mix or a homemade cobbler mix. Any type of apples can be used for the cobbler, but Granny Smith apples are a popular choice. A Jiffy Mix is not necessary, as a homemade mix or a different brand can be used. Butter can be substituted with a different type of fat, but the texture and taste may be slightly different. The cobbler is done baking when the top is golden brown, the filling is bubbly, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
jwpamp
A host of mine is looking for a recipe that she lost. It has 2 cans of Apple Pie filling, butter, a box of Jiffy Cake Mix. She said it comes out like a cobbler & she made it in the 9x13 baker.

Any ideas?

TIA!

Hey, I found 2 recipes that look like they fit the description and sound pretty good, too.
JIFFY COBBLER
1 (21 oz.) can apple pie filling
1 box Jiffy cake mix (yellow) (single layer)
Cinnamon

Cherry pie filling can be used.
Empty pie filling into bottom of greased 9"x13" pan. Slice or mash the apples, if they are in large chunks. Spread cake mix over top of apples with 1/2 cup of water. Dot with butter. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. Bake at 350 degrees until brown.

Jiffy Cobbler
1 can fruit pie filling (cherry, blueberry, apple...)
1 box Jiffy yellow cake mix (single layer cake mix)
1/4 cup melted butter

Lightly grease an 8" x 8" baking pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Empty the pie filling in the bottom of a baking pan, sprinkle the cake mix on top and then drizzle on melted butter. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
4 - 6 servings.

That sounds an awful lot like Dump Cake, a favorite GS recipe for camping. If you use a regular box cake mix (for a 2-layer cake), double the amount of fruit filling.

What ingredients do I need for Apple Cobbler?

To make Apple Cobbler, you will need apples, sugar, flour, butter, cinnamon, and your choice of either a Jiffy Mix or a homemade cobbler mix.

Can I use any type of apples for the cobbler?

Yes, you can use any type of apples for the cobbler. However, Granny Smith apples are a popular choice due to their tartness and ability to hold their shape when baked.

Do I have to use a Jiffy Mix for the cobbler?

No, you do not have to use a Jiffy Mix for the cobbler. You can make your own cobbler mix using flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, or you can use a different brand of cobbler mix.

Can I substitute butter with a different type of fat?

Yes, you can substitute butter with a different type of fat, such as margarine or vegetable oil. However, the texture and taste of the cobbler may be slightly different.

How do I know when the cobbler is done baking?

The cobbler is done baking when the top is golden brown and the filling is bubbly. You can also insert a toothpick into the center to check if the crust is fully cooked.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebinCincy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
meganmcg
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies