• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for a Recipe- Has Cherry, Fruit, Pie Crust- Round Stone

In summary, the recipe called for: 1 Pkg. Pillsbury Pie Crust, softened as directed on the package; 1/2 cup Pecan Halves; 2 Tbls. sugar; 1/2 teas. cinnamon; 1 cup Strawberries, hulled and sliced; 1 can Cherry Pie Filling; and 1/4 cup of nuts, coarsely chopped with a Food Chopper. The streusel mixture includes: 2 Tbls. sugar; 1/2 teas. cinnamon; and 1/2 teas. nutmeg. The recipe calls for 12 servings.
esavvymom
Staff member
I am trying to find a recipe that I had at a PC show many years back (more than 5 yrs but less than 10 :) ). The gal used a round stone- had pie crust then she put on I think some cherry pie filling, and them some other fruit (can't remember which ones though! Berries or peaches??? but they were fresh fruit- I'm almost certain). And I think she put a crumb topping on it. I'm forgetting enough that I know I'd mess it up if I tried to make it. :)
HELP?!

it's so yummy- and perfect for summer, plus very simple and cheap to make (if I'm remembering the ingredients correctly).

I know the recipe you're talking about - but can't remember the name. It was on a recipe card that had a pillsbury coupon on it - and we handed out the recipe w/ coupon at shows. I did this at shows a couple of times - very good.

It was cherry pie filling w/ strawberries, and you used 2 crusts. The bottom one was laid out flat on the stone, and then folded over the edges of the pie filling like a rustic pie. The 2nd crust was cut up and mixed with other ingredients for a crumb topping...

hmmmm....sounds good. I don't remember a 2nd crust, but who knows.

It brought to mind the Peachy Cheese Coffee Cake, which you can make with cherry pie filling. It's in All the Best.

Found it! I knew I still had one of the recipe cards! The recipe was from '04, and I did it at shows because I had a nursing baby at home, and this was a quick and easy recipe that shows a good amount of products. :)

STREUSEL BERRY TART

1 Pkg. Pillsbury Pie Crust, softened as directed on pkg.
1/2 cup Pecan Halves
2 Tbls. sugar
1/2 teas. cinnamon
1 cup Strawberries, hulled and sliced
1 can Cherry Pie Filling

1. Preheat oven to 400. Lightly sprinkle large round stone w/ flour. Unfold one crust and place in center of stone. Roll to w/in 1 inch of edge of stone using lightly floured Baker's Roller. Using Deluxe Cheese Grater, grate 1/4 cup of nuts evenly over the crust to within 1 1/2 inches of edge.

2. For Streusel, coarsely chop remaining pecans w/ Food Chopper. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine pecans, cinnamon, and sugar; mix well. Cut remaining pie crust into 1/2 inches using Crinkle Cutter. (it's not necessary to unfold crust); add to pecan mixture and mix well.

3. Hull strawberries using Cook's Corer. Slice strawberries using egg slicer plus; arrange in a single layer over the nuts on pie crust. Spoon pie filling over strawberries; sprinkle with streusel. Fold outer edge of pastry up over filling to form a 1 1/2 inch rim. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven, cool slightly. Serve warm.

Yield: 12 servings.

1. What is the best recipe for a cherry fruit pie using a round stone?

The Pampered Chef website offers a delicious recipe for a Cherry Almond Galette using a round stone. This simple and easy-to-follow recipe includes fresh cherries, almond extract, and a flaky pie crust baked to perfection on a round stone.

2. Can I make a gluten-free cherry fruit pie on a round stone?

Yes, you can! The Pampered Chef website also offers a gluten-free option for a Cherry Galette using almond flour and gluten-free pie crust. This recipe is perfect for anyone with gluten sensitivities or dietary restrictions.

3. Do I need to preheat the round stone before baking my cherry fruit pie?

Yes, it is recommended to preheat the round stone in the oven before adding your pie. This will help ensure even baking and a crispy crust. Preheat the stone for 15 minutes at 400°F before adding your pie.

4. Can I use frozen cherries for my fruit pie on a round stone?

Yes, you can use frozen cherries for your pie. However, it is recommended to thaw them first and drain any excess liquid. This will prevent your pie from becoming too watery and ensure a delicious filling.

5. How do I clean my round stone after baking a cherry fruit pie?

The round stone is dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash it with warm soapy water and a gentle sponge. Avoid using harsh cleaning chemicals or abrasive materials, as they can damage the stone. Make sure to let the stone cool completely before washing it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• michelletx
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • chefa
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies