• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lost and Confused: Seeking Solutions

Christmas. I know I've had great luck with that.I would love to see that invite too. something I would like to do in my own business.Give me your email addresses, I sent out the invite via Evite.email:Hi!I'm planning to do a Mystery Host show this November and I was wondering if you might be interested in being a host. I'm offering $100 worth of orders to the first 10 people to commit, and each host will get 2 selections (over $500 total). I'm also offering a commission reward on the items purchased by the guests. If you're interested, please let me know and I'll send you more information.Thanks!
NinaPChef
Man.. do I feel out of options...

Oh, that is a real downer! I'm sorry about that. Do you want suggestions? If you don't right now, then ignore the rest of my post.

Try a Mystery Host show with past hosts and really good customers. OR, have a Christmas themed show at your house. You have to be willing to make phone calls not just send postcards in order to get attendance.

so sorry to hear that. look at your list of hosts from last year who purchased stones. Tell them about the amazing special in Nov. Sounds like you just need to make a lot of phone calls. Not my favorite thing to do but once you get a yes, it is easier to keep going.

Im thinking I might just do that.
I have no other choice I guess...Also, Any suggestions are very welcome.I have no problem doing all the work.My only problem is Im due in Dec, and really want to get some Catty shows booked, any idea's for that?

doughmama said:
so sorry to hear that. look at your list of hosts from last year who purchased stones. Tell them about the amazing special in Nov. Sounds like you just need to make a lot of phone calls. Not my favorite thing to do but once you get a yes, it is easier to keep going.

I wish I had a last year... I just started the end of Aug

How about a Holiday Kids in the Kitchen Workshop? I needed to fill one more date in November so that's what I decided to do. I'm charging $15 per child and they get to come and make treats, personalized tote with Creative Cutters Set and My Safe Cutter. The $15 pretty much covers all my cost so I'm not losing money. Plus, I earn commission on the cutters ordered. I have been getting a great response, especially from people that normally tell me "NO". They are really excited to get their kids in the kitchen to have fun. I can send you my invite if you want. Good Luck!!

ChefJWarren said:
How about a Holiday Kids in the Kitchen Workshop? I needed to fill one more date in November so that's what I decided to do. I'm charging $15 per child and they get to come and make treats, personalized tote with Creative Cutters Set and My Safe Cutter. The $15 pretty much covers all my cost so I'm not losing money. Plus, I earn commission on the cutters ordered. I have been getting a great response, especially from people that normally tell me "NO". They are really excited to get their kids in the kitchen to have fun. I can send you my invite if you want. Good Luck!!
I would love to see that invite too. something I would like to do in my own business.

Give me your email addresses, I sent out the invite via Evite.

NinaPChef said:
I wish I had a last year... I just started the end of Aug
sorry - I read >1 but you really mean <1.
Have you tried to get anyone in your md office to host? You are probably there a lot. Pamper them - bring them a treat and then tell them how they can hold their own catalog party.

NinaPChef said:
Im thinking I might just do that.
I have no other choice I guess...

Also, Any suggestions are very welcome.

I have no problem doing all the work.

My only problem is Im due in Dec, and really want to get some Catty shows booked, any idea's for that?

A variation on a Mystery host show is to find 10 people that will commit to getting $100 in orders and splitting catalog host benefits amongst all. 2 people get Host Special (since you get 2 selections when greater than $500 in sales), 4 people get 1/2 price, one gets 30% off order, you can split the free product amongst the other 3 ($65-70 a piece). Some consultants draw for the benefits, others let the first person to turn in their $100 pick their reward, etc. This does require firm commitments though (and the $100 can't be what they want to apply their reward to either, it needs to count as guest sales).

I got a flier from another consultant who was having her 3rd child and she offered some kind of discount incentive to catalog hosts based on baby's weight...I can find it and post if you'd like that kind of idea. Just let me know.

Oh, I'm so sorry. Sometimes this business gets depressing and other times it is so exciting.

Make sure you look for a craft sale. They are very popular this time of year. The booths are usually reasonable.

Good luck!

aPamperedBride said:
A variation on a Mystery host show is to find 10 people that will commit to getting $100 in orders and splitting catalog host benefits amongst all. 2 people get Host Special (since you get 2 selections when greater than $500 in sales), 4 people get 1/2 price, one gets 30% off order, you can split the free product amongst the other 3 ($65-70 a piece). Some consultants draw for the benefits, others let the first person to turn in their $100 pick their reward, etc. This does require firm commitments though (and the $100 can't be what they want to apply their reward to either, it needs to count as guest sales).

I got a flier from another consultant who was having her 3rd child and she offered some kind of discount incentive to catalog hosts based on baby's weight...I can find it and post if you'd like that kind of idea. Just let me know.
Actually, that is how I'm doing my Mystery Host show. I'm calling it a Mystery Host show because I will be giving someone the 10% for a year, and the 60% off item and the half price items will be split up. But everyone will get free product according to how much they add to the sales. I'm asking everyone to commit to getting at least $100 in sales so the show will be at least $1000 and everyone will get at least $20 in free product.

there are so many great threads on this topic out there already. just do a search and you can see some great ideas! I definately agree that you need to get on the phone and call.

First of all don't let this get you down. Second remember you are having a beautiful baby.

Now just call around and ask people if they would like to have a catalog party for you. I have been surprised with how many people jump to catty shows over home shows.

Make sure your friends and everyone else you know is promoting you by at least telling people about your PC business. You might even want to give them some business cards so they could pass them out.

I wish you the best, and know that we are here to listen or help if you need us.

I agree with doing a Holiday Show or Customer Appreciation Show. OR The Kids Show. GREAT IDEAS for this time of year!

You could organize a small-scale Wine and Cheese (not for you, though :) ) or a Mix N Bake class, OR VIP Party for Past Hosts and VIPs.

I have also sent out an email to my Contacts with DID YOU KNOW as the Subject. Then I tell them that a qualified show is $200 (or, I think $150 in the US), and point out how easy it is to collect orders while getting the Host Benefits.

Sometimes sharing that you have a personal goal (november SAT) helps people support you, too.

Talk to other DS Consultants to get TradeShow/Craft Fair leads. as well.

p.s. congrats on your 'christmas' baby. :)

Related to Lost and Confused: Seeking Solutions

What is "Lost and Confused: Seeking Solutions"?

"Lost and Confused: Seeking Solutions" is a cookbook created by Pampered Chef that focuses on quick and easy recipes for busy individuals. It includes a variety of dishes, from appetizers to main courses, using simple ingredients and tools from Pampered Chef.

Is this cookbook suitable for beginners?

Yes, absolutely! "Lost and Confused: Seeking Solutions" is designed for individuals with all levels of cooking experience. The recipes are easy to follow and require minimal cooking skills.

Do I need to own Pampered Chef tools to use this cookbook?

No, you do not need to own Pampered Chef tools to use this cookbook. While some recipes may utilize specific Pampered Chef tools, they can easily be substituted with similar tools you may already have in your kitchen.

Are the recipes in this cookbook healthy?

Yes, the recipes in "Lost and Confused: Seeking Solutions" focus on using fresh and wholesome ingredients. Additionally, each recipe includes nutritional information to help you make informed choices about your meals.

Can I purchase this cookbook online?

Yes, "Lost and Confused: Seeking Solutions" is available for purchase on the Pampered Chef website or through a Pampered Chef consultant. It can also be found in select retail stores that carry Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cheffy
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chefann
  • DawnCJWaller
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • scottcooks