• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lost $40 FPV - Anything to Be Done?

In summary, the speaker shared their experience with a consultant who did not know how to put in a free product value for a show, resulting in the $40 credit not being applied. They are looking for ways to retrieve the $40 and also trying to find the product code for the kit credit. The speaker contacted HO and was told nothing could be done to retrieve the $40. They are considering talking to someone else about the issue. It is unclear who the speaker signed with and who did their show, but it is mentioned that someone should have led them through the online consultant agreement and ensured the kit credit was applied. There is also a suggestion to ask for the $40 back from whoever used
PoseyMom
So this is what has happened to me. The consultant who hosted my show didn't know how to put the free product value in as kit credit, so the $40 was not put in and the kit was ordered at full price. Fine, but I would really like to find out if anything can be done to retrieve that $40 FPV. Also, trying to find out the product code for the kit credit for the consultant that did my show. I emailed HO earlier today about the problem and Maria at HO says that nothing can be done to retrieve the $40 fpv that it's just gone.... should i ask to talk to someone else? bummer....

So I guess that means you signed? And you bought your kit at full price?

I did sign and it was bought at full price. Now just counting the days till it gets here!

Whomever you signed under should be able to help you with it - why didn't she make sure you got the kit credit that you earned?

Who? The consultant that did my show??? She didn't seem to understand how to put it in, and the person I signed with called HO and was told the same thing I was. She called before me... I just thought maybe someone else would have some other ideas about what to do.

The person who signed you should have led you through the online consultant agreement and when it came time to click "I have a kit credit" should have had you click that. If she neglected to do that, then really, she should cough up that $40 for you...

...if she put your agreement through for you, then she would have put it through via US mail...in which case HO won't have it yet

...if there was no kit credit on record then she should not have let you put your agreement through without figuring out where your kit credit was...

...if your show-consultant did not put through your $40 kit credit, then there is $40 in FPV that someone must have spent because your show would not have balanced otherwise.

It sounds to me (if I am understanding you correctly) like the ball was dropped both by the show consultant AND the one who signed you.

Jenn,

Sorry to hear about your experience...thanks for posting though. It reminded me that I don't know how to do the kit credit and I have a hostess who is interested in becoming a consultant! So I just went into Pampered Partner to figure it out!

I agree with Carolyn! That $40 was used by someone, so find out who and ask for it back. Someone is probably counting on the fact that don't know that a show won't go through without 10 warnings about the money still being there. It would be impossible to mess up without knowing it, so I think someone took your $40!

While on the topic.... To make sure that I do my new recruit's show right, all I have to do is select the credit under the magnifying glass when looking up a product to enter, right? There's nothing else special about doing that before closing, is there?

Crystal,

The item numbers for your $20 kit credit is 5227 and for $40 kit credit is 5228. You should be able to see it by going through the magnifying glass, I sort by the description in alphabetical order, they should be the first two when you do it that way!

Sorry to hear about your $40 Jen, but unfortunately, once the show is shipped out there isn't anything that can be done. I think your show consultant should be ordering you $40 worth of products to make up for it, but that's just what I would do!! I hope no one got upset about paying the extra $40 for the kit!

Good luck with your business, I hope you have great successes!!!

Last edited:
Sounds like it is a NEW consultant that did ur show--so an error could happen--because I don't understand why the person that did ur show is not who signed you??:D

PoseyMom said:
I emailed HO earlier today about the problem and Maria at HO says that nothing can be done to retrieve the $40 fpv that it's just gone.... should i ask to talk to someone else? bummer....

Yes, talk to someone else. Have your show number and your receipt (as the Host) from that show in your hand while you are talking to them. If they say they can't help you, ask to speak to their supervisor.

Either Pampered Chef owes you $40 (because it's still floating around unused) or you need to see what products were purchased with that money. If these products did not come to you in your order, then you may want to ask the Consultant to reimburse you.

Stephanie - thanks! I thought that was what I needed to do, but I wanted to be sure.

Carolyn and Gillian,
The $40 was unused. No one used it at all. It just sat unused on my show, and it popped up telling Consultant A that when she submitted the show. She just didn't know what to do. Honestly, I don't think anyone was trying to be unkind or anything. I think it was an honest mistake, as she thought when I submitted my consultant agreement that it would somehow automatically show up. My recruiter did everything the way it should have been done, so no problems there.

Susan, the consultant who did my show isn't who i signed with because I signed with a friend of mine instead who coached me through a lot. As a matter of fact, I had asked to sign with my friend first, but at the time she wasn't actively recruiting... lucky for me she changed her mind and decided she would recruit!

jeanine, i'm going to try again later today.

thanks everyone!

PoseyMom said:
Susan, the consultant who did my show isn't who i signed with because I signed with a friend of mine instead who coached me through a lot. As a matter of fact, I had asked to sign with my friend first, but at the time she wasn't actively recruiting... lucky for me she changed her mind and decided she would recruit!

thanks everyone!

But when your friend/recruiter walked you through your consultant agreement, and it didn not recognize you as having a kit credit - she should not have let you go through with the agreement until it was worked out. Once stuff is processed at HO, it is near impossible to get it changed and she should have known that. What a bummer for you.

dannyzmom said:
But when your friend/recruiter walked you through your consultant agreement, and it didn not recognize you as having a kit credit - she should not have let you go through with the agreement until it was worked out. Once stuff is processed at HO, it is near impossible to get it changed and she should have known that. What a bummer for you.

Hopefully it will work out in the end. I was under the impression that the problem with the missing FPV was that the show was already processed through HO too. I'm sure I'm missing something, but I'm just hoping for the best.

Hearing about your experience makes me SO thankful that I signed under an experienced director. Ever since I signed with her almost 3 years ago, there has not ever been a situation she was unfamiliar with - she has dealt with it all!! having her behind me has been a huge factor in my own success!

So sorry to hear about your problem. I am sorry but the $40 is lost - no one got it and no one can retrieve it. When closing shows a screen pops up telling the consultant that there are benefits unused and that they will be lost if not used before closing the show. She should have called HO or her director before closing your party. I hate to say it but it sounds like she might not have been very motivated since you weren't signing with her.

Chalk it up to experience and a lesson for your recruits to learn from.

As far as the consultant is concerned she is not required to give you anything for that $40 (she didn't get it either) but I would do something for you if I were her. If you had signed with her she might have been more motivated to make right by you but it sounds like you did the wise thing by signing with your friend.

Good luck with your business!!

PoseyMom said:

Can you imagine turning away recruits??

gilliandanielle said:
Can you imagine turning away recruits??

Not if you have any intention of making a career of this business!

PoseyMom said:
Carolyn and Gillian,
The $40 was unused. No one used it at all. It just sat unused on my show, and it popped up telling Consultant A that when she submitted the show. She just didn't know what to do. Honestly, I don't think anyone was trying to be unkind or anything. I think it was an honest mistake, as she thought when I submitted my consultant agreement that it would somehow automatically show up. My recruiter did everything the way it should have been done, so no problems there.

jeanine, i'm going to try again later today.

thanks everyone!

Jeanine,
When you are the consultant inputting the show - you SEE that $40 is unused. PamperedPartner warns you with a pop-up that "$40 in free credit is not used - if you submit your order now you will lose this amount" (except it's worded some other way). I do not think that amount went unused, because any consultant who has a host who does not want to use it all, I had one that didn't want all of her half-priced items! I kid you not - so as the consultant I think it's foolish NOT to take advantage of that half-priced item (or unused credit) - to build your own personal supplies or to gift to future hosts. There is no way (IMO) a consultant would let unused free product credit go unused - pamperedpartner will not let the show through without your being told clearly.

If I remember correctly you were working with and signed with a seasoned consultant, who is now director, right? I'm just so surprised she hasn't made that $40 up to you. Even if she weren't a director - think about yourself. Mistakes happen - - but any time I made a boo-boo, I always made it up to my customers. And you signed with her - you are going to be making her money. I would suggest she but you a 6 month web subscription ($40 I think) - that will benefit both of you. At least you won't feel "cheated".

Good luck! Keep us posted. I'm hoping this doesn't sour your experience with PC. I love the sharing that usually goes on. And how if you do X, Y & Z, 1,2 & 3 WILL happen. I've found that usually people do NOT take advantage of each other in this company. And the person you built your relationship with and joined with is usually your biggest support (besides all of us). You'll see.

Related to Lost $40 FPV - Anything to Be Done?

1. What is FPV and how does it relate to Pampered Chef?

FPV stands for "free product value" and it is a term used by Pampered Chef to refer to the amount of free products a consultant earns through sales and bookings. It is an important aspect of the compensation plan for consultants with Pampered Chef.

2. How did I lose $40 FPV?

There could be a few reasons why you lost $40 FPV. One possibility is that you did not meet the minimum sales requirement for the month, which is typically $1,250. Another reason could be that a customer cancelled their order or returned a product, resulting in a decrease in your sales and FPV.

3. Is there anything I can do to recover the lost $40 FPV?

If the reason for the lost FPV is due to a cancelled order or returned product, unfortunately there is not much that can be done to recover it. However, you can work towards meeting the monthly sales requirement and earn back the lost FPV in the following month.

4. Can I dispute the lost $40 FPV with Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef has a clear and transparent compensation plan, and the monthly FPV requirements are outlined for each consultant. If you believe there was an error in the calculation of your FPV, you can reach out to your team leader or Pampered Chef's customer service for assistance.

5. How can I prevent losing FPV in the future?

To prevent losing FPV in the future, it is important to consistently work towards meeting the monthly sales requirement. This can be achieved by hosting parties, reaching out to potential customers, and promoting new products. It is also important to keep track of your sales and FPV throughout the month to ensure you are on track to meet the requirement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
kam
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies