• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looks Like I'm *Just* Going to Make It This Month

In summary, December was the first month of relinquishment for me and my team. I experienced two cancellations and low sales, leaving me short of my $4k goal by $700. However, with one more catalog show and a show tonight with 10 guests, it looks like I will make it. I also received an online order for $36. My cluster also tends to surprise me at the last minute. January was a difficult month for me, but I am determined to have an awesome February. Some of my team members are also struggling, but we expect to make it with a large fair in two weeks and bookings from other consultants. I am excited for the new system and the opportunity to grow my team without the fear of losing
chefkathy
Whew...Dec was month 1 of relinquishment. My team is MIA and I had 2 cancellations this month. The shows that I have done have been low low low.

So, it wasn't looking good for the $4k. We need about $700 more. I have one more catalog show coming in and I have a show tonight. I told her we need to close by Saturday. She has 10 people coming.

I looks like we'll just make it. Whew.

Ooh! And as I was writing this, I got an email with Online Activity. $36 for a rectangular baker. I'll take it!

Good! Glad to hear you will make it :)
How's everything else going?

December was month 1 for me too... we are $354.97 away from the $4k (but who's counting! ;) ) I know there are some other shows going in so hopefully we'll make it. I'd hate to miss it 2 months in a row. Next month we will be fine, I'm sure. My show from last night was snowed out and we moved it to next Wednesday... otherwise I wouldn't even be worrying... I hate the frustrations of the *R*!!!!

December was Month 1, January will be Month 2. :(
I WILL have an awesome Feb...I MUST!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't think we would make it this month, but it looks like we will. My cluster tends to shock me at the last minute.
Janauary was such a bad month for me. But back on the horse I go for Feb.

This is month one for me...and Feb may be month two (since I'm essentially starting over again.) Fortunately, I have a very large fair in two weeks that should generate some bookings. **sigh**

Debbie, here's crossing my fingers for you and hoping your next on-line order is for the bamboo block knife set!

Right now my cluster is at about $600. We might break $1250:( Not a good month but our Feb should be fine.

That's great Deb!!!

As of right now, it doesn't look like we're going to make it. My team has $501 turned in and I have $1156 with a bomb of a show last night and another one tomorrow with at least 10 guests. :D I'm hoping to make it but it doesn't look like it.

We're $1200 short right now but I have at least $1100 myself to go in IF my hosts don't ignore my call to close their shows tomorrow and 2 consultants said they have small shows to go in so it looks like we should make it. I hate when it gets down to the wire.

whew! I'm at 4056....and if the waiver is accepted for my dead-beat consultant then I'll be okay there too. Or, if my fence-sitter will sign this week instead of next week I'll be peachy-keen!

I absolutley cannot wait for the new system!!!!!! I want desperately to start the system as a director and not a team leader. If my team doesn't recruit I know I'll be paid as a TL, but that's okay for a while (I'll proabably bounce around for a little while anyhow). I'm just so excited about not having to worry about losing my team to my director. I cna relax a bit more and concentrate on growing them instead of stressing about losing them.

Good news, Linda!As for me, I refuse to sit and worry about the state of my business when I really don't have control over other people. I had a slower-than-normal January, so will end with around $1250 in personal sales -- and with my team's sales, our total will be around $3500. If we make the $4k level, fine. If not, fine. I find it much less stressful when I don't worry about it.....not that I don't try, I am still working my business as I did before, I just don't care if I am at a Director level or not. I know that I will still make overrides as a Team Leader, and I don't plan on working as hard for it.I am working on my personal sales more instead of worrying about trying to convince my team to work on theirs.

February is looking good....what are you getting for your Jan-Feb sales incentive????

Just got off the phone leaving messages for my team. I did talk to an unqualified recruit of a recruit who got catalogs from me earlier this month. She said she submitted this morning but I don't see it! With that and ONE of my 2 shows that I plan to close tomorrow we have made it once again!

If we were in the new program I would have been paid as a Senior Consultant:
1. FD and both of hers submitted
2. Consultant (at least she said she's submitting) and her one recruit submitted
NO OTHERS SO FAR. That is unusual but still...

Edited to change: No, I'd still only have 3 unless someone surprises me.
3. Another consultant might still submit - I know she did a show but she's usually much quicker at getting them in, is out of town (with her computer) and has told me she's been trying to close this for a week already but the host is MIA.
4. Edited to change: the consultant I had here is counted in #2

I see the new system as more stressful to make the requirements.

I currently have 10-12 that I recruited plus the 3 active who were recruited by my recruits. They all count toward my 5 now and most months I have an average of 8 of the 15 submitting.

I am planning to give this a good try and keep my attitude adjusted but... :eek:

Beth - wouldn't you be paid as a Team Leader?

pamperedlinda said:
Beth - wouldn't you be paid as a Team Leader?

You are right. I do have two with downlines submitting.

I guess I had it in my head that it would be less because I only have one who is recruiting - the other recruit's recruit hasn't submitted for 9 months, in fact she hasn't qualified yet, so I was thinking I didn't have two recruiters - I guess my brain still isn't working at full force yet. I'll blame it on those surgeries.

Thanks for making me feel less a loser tonight, Linda.

So if we are a director but have just one recruiter line active in a month we are down to Senior Consultant (for pay), right?

what's your definition of "recruiter line"?

Senior Cons = a consultant with 1 active recruit (who may or may not have any recruits)

Team Leaders need at least 2 active consultants - whether or not those consultants have recruited. You can be a TL with 8 cons if at least 2 of them have not recruited.

pamperedlinda said:
what's your definition of "recruiter line"?

Senior Cons = a consultant with 1 active recruit (who may or may not have any recruits)

Team Leaders need at least 2 active consultants - whether or not those consultants have recruited. You can be a TL with 8 cons if at least 2 of them have not recruited.

Recruiter line = at least a senior consultant - a recruit who has recruited.

So if I only have one SC or TL that is active that month I get paid as a SC, right?

I think that's right.

For those of us with a small, weak team, we will probably bounce around a little bit (I'm completely prepared for that to happen). Once we can get over the hump of that and start promoting our consultants we will be much better off. It might take a little while b/c we (or at least I) have not been practicing team growth that way....heck, I'm just trying to keep the ones that I do have active. It's a mind-set change and a team change. I'm still extremely jazzed that HO will not penalize me for not meeting my goals by taking my team away from me when I don't meet those standards.

You are right there. Keeping our team is a big advantage. I am just upset because in almost 4 years as a director I have only had one month that we didn't meet and exceed all 3 director requirements. I know I'm not a star director but I am consistent and I think credit should be given for that. Offer me perks for growing but don't make me be a loser if I don't.

I started my business training my recruits to recruit. In fact when I promoted (finally had my 5) I had 10 in my first line because they recruited too. My numbers have been higher but right now I'm back down to 15 (if they all stayed active at the same time) and only 1 is actively recruiting - a couple others are wanting to - wanting more training/info to help them recruit and I have that one whose recruit fell in her lap but then went MIA until now. So we are on the right track. I just worry too much. It's all in our attitude. We can all grow with this.

kisrae said:
Right now my cluster is at about $600. We might break $1250:( Not a good month but our Feb should be fine.

That's me exactly!!! Except, unless my Host tomorrow agrees to close tomorrow, we won't even hit $1250. This is the first month in my 17 months as a Director I've not hit my minimums. BUT, February will be fine all the way around so I'm not too worried.

I just want to say that our grace period is until JULY 1st. Until that time you will be paid at whatever level you achieve, or as a Director, whichever is higher.
It's January! There is no reason at all that we can't all have the structure we need by then if we want it. Currently your team may not be recruiting. So if you want them to, ask yourself how can I be proactive about that?
I asked myself that question :)
I too would be a Team Leader this month even though we hit the sales requirements, as of this morning there are only 3 active, according to the new plan.
What I am doing is working with the willing to get their show schedules consistent, that is my step program, in that I am helping them to recruit and to dedicate the time to their business to make it successful.
More importantly I am recruiting myself. I am actively seeking NEW team members and speaking at my shows about giving the Pampered Chef a try with a friend :)
I know that we can only control what we do. SO, I am doing what I would like my team to do. Going out and sharing this wonderful opportunity and doing it in a way that is helping me to build wide & deep :) We have 5 more months. It is nice to be able to come here and groan when things don't go the way we thought. I just felt the need to say something because it was starting to feel like some didn't have any hope. There is hope and we can all do this! (My opinion only :) )

I agree Cheryl and I am and have been working to grow my team. We have been concentrating for MONTHS on growing their show schedules and no matter what we train and how much they say "I can do that" and they say the right words at the meeting and in our calls they still aren't doing the shows (for the most part).

I am not giving up hope and I know we can do this but I do not like the pressure that we have to find recruits out of thin air (I have a lot of interest but not so many takers - we can't force them to sign) and the pressure the team has to recruit now to keep my directorship. I refuse to put that on them. I will do more recruiting training than I ever have but I will not make them feel that they are letting me down if they don't. It is their business. That's what I have always loved about this business - we can all do the business as we are comfortable with and still get rewarded.

I am not giving up and am stepping up to the plate. I was just saying that if we were there this is where I would be and I was wrong at first so it's a learning curve.

In fact one of my "I want to have more shows...." but isn't doing them is bringing a lead to our meeting this week. So they are getting the message. It will be a good change. It's just scary for those of us who don't already have the structure in place.

I love your post Cheryl. Thank you! I feel some of the same anxiety and concern voiced in the other posts. The new program is a huge change in mind-set. Like Linda, I anticipate bouncing around a bit...but love, love, love that I won't lose my team members.

I love this site. Those of us who post regularly seem to all be in about the same place in a lot of ways. Some are highly successful all the time and are a great support. Others have earned awards and reached high goals but still struggle with their teams at times and others are consistently doing okay but not excelling. And we can come here and vent or celebrate! We all have something to offer and help when we can. None of us have perfect businesses but we have all achieved.

We can be excited about the new program and embrace it - and be here to support each other when it's not going how we want or when we are celebrating.

Thanks guys! :love0010:

Thank you Beth & Kris! We all know that you never know how your posts will be read.
I do mean to be supportive, and I do understand. I just know that sometimes if I let myself go down a certain road....I can just keep going and not do anything productive! I was trying to help prevent that for you guys :) (an myself!)
I love the support on this site, and am thrilled beyond belief when I get to meet and chat with some of my DCS rockstars :)

I am excited for the changes, and apprehensive but I will continue to be proactive. Glad to hear you will too :)

Thanks Cheryl. Yes, I'm excited about the grace period until July. That's why I'm really working on my team and myself to NOT go into relinquishment before April. If you are in relinquishment on 4/1 you will not go into the new program as a Director.

I know it can all change in a flash and I'm working towards that. It's just that when you get down to the end of the month and your team didn't perform (again) that you start to think about the 'what ifs'. I also tend to think more as a realist than a dreamer.....maybe I should just keep dreaming - huh? I am working towards building a stronger team. I'm pretty much done with the ones who don't return calls or work their biz either. What's that saying "It's easier to give birth that to revive the dead"

I have a couple of fence sitters that are just about ready to join - dang I wish they'd just do it!

pamperedlinda said:
What's that saying "It's easier to give birth that to revive the dead"

QUOTE]

LMAO!!!
Ain't that the truth. :D

Koolotus said:
pamperedlinda said:
What's that saying "It's easier to give birth that to revive the dead"

QUOTE]

LMAO!!!
Ain't that the truth. :D

Cheryl, I just gotta say, after meeting you, I absolutely LOVE your attitude! Sure, we only got to chat that one night, BUT you strike me as the type of person who is all about having fun and staying positive, BUT you stay focused in the process! Hope I'm getting into words what I'm thinking, but I personally find this VERY encouraging and the kind of attitude I want to duplicate. We all have our rough patches (I'm having one now) but being able to follow that negative statement with a plan of action or a statement reflecting the fact that we have NO doubt it will turn around is the most important thing, IMHO. Getting lost in the negative drives me NUTS! Anyway, thank you Cheryl, Beth, Linda, and everyone else who is always reminding us that WE have control over the path our businesses take!!

Whew- I was all prepared to forfit this month. But one of my consultants sold $2300 in 2 shows, so I'm making up the rest. Very unexpected. I'm currently at $4034.

WOO HOO Deb! :party:

I'm over $4000 too now! $3500 showing on the tracker, I just submitted almost $600 and have another almost $600 show to go in later this afternoon and a consultant has just submitted $200 and I'm told 2 more have shows they "plan" to submit. Whew. I prefer the months that we hit our "required" early.

Good luck everybody!:sun:

See all's well that ends well. I have 2 calls in to girls that have had shows this month reminding them it is double points by midnight and to wrap those puppies up!
I just came back from my morning show :) 5 people hmph, $400 in sales and 2 bookings and 1 new recruit (should be, we don't count chickens till they hatch around here)

Hey Debi, I love you too! ;) xoxo

Since the IPT has not updated, I'm not sure what is going to happen. I have a show on hold (GRRRRRR) and hope to resolve that on Monday. I think we are still short. On the up note, Feb looks great TEAM-wise with almost everyone working so that will be good!I'm going to try to get them to give me their show schedule so I can follow up with them.

I wish my team would give me their schedule but they never do.

One of my shows is now on hold and so is one of my consultant's. :cry: LOL Hopefully we can get them resolved in time! My guest is not returning my call! :grumpy:

With my guest it's a debit card, so I'm going to call Monday and have them run it again (maybe she got paid on the 30th!) and see...

I just returned from my show with $541 in sales. :DYes! I was also told that one of my girls is submitting $650 and I"m not sure about the rest. UGH!!! So that leaves us right now with $3004. I really hope everyone is turning some shows in!! I think I'm going to make some calls right now!

yes, we love you Cheryl!

I called and spoke to 3 girls. 2 of them are waiting to submit their shows on MOnday. :( Oh well, maybe I'll have a pleasant surprise!:D

$4137.66 if this all gets turned in. Whew. Skin of my teeth.It's all in my hands. I'm waiting for a consultant to call back, but I'll make it regardless.

Good news Deb! I got my sales in too - I just hope that HO accepts the waiver that was submitted....one of my consultants has 'issues' and I think HO is about to revoke her agreement. If so, it will be month one of R for me.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one in this boat right now. I am having such a hard time fitting work back into my schedule after having the baby. Part of me just doesn't want to do it any more. Jan is month 2 for me, and I knew that it would be. Feb is looking so much better though. I have 3 shows (I know I could do more if I wanted to) and I have talked to a few of my team member and know of about 8-10 shows. Plus I had a old lead contact me and say that she is ready to sign up. And she really wants to submit at least 4 catalog shows so she can get the extra bonus products. So we should be ok..... I hope. My ED has been staying in contact with my team to help keep them motivated.

We made it, but I could only get one of my 4 parties closed. It was a $1300 party and I had $286 in other sales. My team has $5800 right now and I know more are not up there yet. Last year we had $12,000 as a team but I doubt if we make that this year.

I am worried about the new plan, however. If this were April 1, I would have made $52 less. I know this is not considered "positive" but when I have bills due, it is reality. Don't want to start anything just an observation. I know I need to work on my team more, but in the meantime, I HAVE to book more parties to make up for income that may not be there if someone decides not to follow through.

It looks like the IPT was updated (hopefully not all the way) and we didn't make it. :(:(:( I turned in $1801.96 and my team did $1157.58. Which makes us at $2959. Turning to February to have a good solid month!! i'm excited b/c I have my first bridal shower on the 7th, a Relay for Life fundraiser on the 13th and 2 other shows. Hoping to do $4k on my own. :D

Well, even though I didn't make it to my personal sales goal this month, my team sales are at $5330 -- as long as they submitted the 2 shows that they said they would last night.And I have 10 active this month (not all turned in sales). Went to a meeting at Hamburger U yesterday which made a huge difference in one of the consultants that I took. She has finally seen the "big picture". Thanks to Amy Neal, too. I needed the coaching on how to do the Leadership Interview. Again, I will be doing what I can and trying like I have in the past, but am leaving the decision making about the results up to God. I am excited to work with my 3 top consultants on teaching them HOW to recruit. I want so very much to be duplicatable!! And I feel so much less pressured knowing that He will bring to me what I need and I can let go of the stress.

Janice, that was a great meeting, wasn't it. What I loved about it was they did a great job of spelling out, "ok, here is what you do" and they make it easy enough to be duplicatable.

Sounds like it was great!!!Anyone (please, please, please!) want to start a new thread to share the gist of the Leadership Interview?????

finley1991 said:
Sounds like it was great!!!

Anyone (please, please, please!) want to start a new thread to share the gist of the Leadership Interview?????

it is posted on my calendar under the step 2 class
/cherylbatcher

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Now that the final numbers are up I am sick over this.

We missed it by $92.95!!!!!!!!

Now Feb is month 3 of *R* for me.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :mad:

<h2>1. How do you handle cancellations and low sales during a tough month?</h2><p>As a Pampered Chef consultant, we understand that there will be months when sales may be lower than expected due to various reasons. In these situations, we recommend reaching out to your team and finding ways to support each other. You can also reach out to your customers and offer incentives or promotions to help boost sales. Remember to stay positive and keep working hard, even during challenging months.</p><h2>2. What can I do to meet my sales goal if my team is not active or available?</h2><p>If your team is not able to support you during a tough month, there are still ways to meet your sales goal. You can reach out to your existing customers and offer them new products or promotions. You can also reach out to your personal network and ask for referrals or host a virtual party. Additionally, utilizing social media platforms can help you reach a larger audience and potentially increase sales.</p><h2>3. How important is it to close a show by a specific date?</h2><p>Closing a show by a specific date is crucial for meeting your sales goal and earning rewards as a consultant. It also helps with planning and organizing your business. By setting a deadline, you can create a sense of urgency for your customers to place their orders and help you meet your goal.</p><h2>4. Can I still make it to the $4k goal with only one catalog show and a few in-person shows?</h2><p>It is possible to reach your sales goal even with a limited number of shows. We recommend focusing on quality over quantity. Make sure to provide excellent customer service and offer personalized recommendations to your customers. Utilize social media and other marketing strategies to reach a larger audience. Remember to stay positive and keep working hard until the end of the month.</p><h2>5. What advice do you have for consultants who are struggling to meet their sales goal?</h2><p>First, don't get discouraged. Remember that every month is different and there will be ups and downs in your business. If you are struggling to meet your sales goal, reach out to your team and seek support and advice. Stay organized and plan your business activities to maximize your time and efforts. Utilize social media and other marketing strategies to reach a larger audience. Lastly, always stay positive and never give up. With determination and hard work, you can achieve your goals as a Pampered Chef consultant.</p>

1. How do you handle cancellations and low sales during a tough month?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, we understand that there will be months when sales may be lower than expected due to various reasons. In these situations, we recommend reaching out to your team and finding ways to support each other. You can also reach out to your customers and offer incentives or promotions to help boost sales. Remember to stay positive and keep working hard, even during challenging months.

2. What can I do to meet my sales goal if my team is not active or available?

If your team is not able to support you during a tough month, there are still ways to meet your sales goal. You can reach out to your existing customers and offer them new products or promotions. You can also reach out to your personal network and ask for referrals or host a virtual party. Additionally, utilizing social media platforms can help you reach a larger audience and potentially increase sales.

3. How important is it to close a show by a specific date?

Closing a show by a specific date is crucial for meeting your sales goal and earning rewards as a consultant. It also helps with planning and organizing your business. By setting a deadline, you can create a sense of urgency for your customers to place their orders and help you meet your goal.

4. Can I still make it to the $4k goal with only one catalog show and a few in-person shows?

It is possible to reach your sales goal even with a limited number of shows. We recommend focusing on quality over quantity. Make sure to provide excellent customer service and offer personalized recommendations to your customers. Utilize social media and other marketing strategies to reach a larger audience. Remember to stay positive and keep working hard until the end of the month.

5. What advice do you have for consultants who are struggling to meet their sales goal?

First, don't get discouraged. Remember that every month is different and there will be ups and downs in your business. If you are struggling to meet your sales goal, reach out to your team and seek support and advice. Stay organized and plan your business activities to maximize your time and efforts. Utilize social media and other marketing strategies to reach a larger audience. Lastly, always stay positive and never give up. With determination and hard work, you can achieve your goals as a Pampered Chef consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• annew
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Gagescorpages
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
lisagoins
Replies