• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for Left Over Turkey Recipes

In summary, a suggestion was made to adapt the Turkey Tortilla Casserole recipe to use leftover turkey. The recipe includes onion, chicken broth, celery, cooked turkey or chicken, corn tortillas, chili peppers, cream of chicken soup, pepper, cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, and salsa. It is recommended to microwave the onion, broth, and celery for 2-3 minutes before adding the remaining ingredients and microwaving for an additional 10-12 minutes. This recipe is a great way to repurpose leftovers and save time in the kitchen.
AmyDare
I found a turkey white chili recipe, but it calls for ground turkey...and I'm looking for something using left over turkey.
I'm thinking the Turkey Tortilla Casserole from the files could be adapted to the DCB and microwave:
Turkey Tortilla Casserole

½ cup chopped onion 1 10oz cream of chicken soup
½ cup chicken broth 1 tsp pepper
¼ cup chopped celery 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3 cups chopped cooked (4oz)
Turkey or chicken 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack
10 to 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas, cheese (4oz)
torn into bite-size pieces 1 cup salsa
1 4oz can diced green chili
peppers, drained

In a medium saucepan combine onion, chicken broth, and celery.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 5 to 6 minutes
or till vegetables are just tender. In a large bowl stir together undrained
onion mixture, cooked turkey or chicken, corn tortillas, chili peppers,
soup, and pepper. Reserve ½ cup of each cheese; set aside.
Stir remaining cheese into tortilla mixture. Transfer mixture to a lightly
greased 13x9x2 inch-baking dish. Top with salsa and reserved cheeses.
Bake in a 350 oven about 30 minutes or till heated through.
Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serves 5 to 6

:chef:
Could I do the onion/broth/celery in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, then mix everything else in and microwave for 12-15 minutes?

Our family loves the turkey/cranberry ring, I don't remember the exact name for it but it is in All The Best Cookbook, it is yummy!

I got this from my upline. I took the picture of the turkey off the flyer because the file was too big.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

Attachments

• Turkey Recipes 1a.doc
    42.5 KB · Views: 425
Highly recommend the Tasty Turkey Tetrazzini from the Weekday Dinners Done collection!

Hello there!

Thank you for sharing your idea for adapting the Turkey Tortilla Casserole to use leftover turkey. That's a great way to repurpose leftovers and save time in the kitchen. As for your question about using the microwave, I think that could definitely work. I would suggest microwaving the onion, broth, and celery for 2-3 minutes, then adding the remaining ingredients and microwaving for an additional 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Just make sure to stir occasionally to ensure even heating. Let me know how it turns out! Happy cooking!

1. What are some creative ways to use leftover turkey?

There are many delicious and creative ways to use leftover turkey! Some popular options include making turkey sandwiches, adding it to soups or stews, using it in a turkey pot pie, or incorporating it into a hearty salad. You can also shred the turkey and use it as a filling for tacos, enchiladas, or casseroles.

2. Can leftover turkey be frozen?

Yes, leftover turkey can be frozen for later use. It is important to properly store it in an airtight container or freezer bag and label it with the date. Frozen turkey can be safely stored for up to 3-4 months.

3. What are some healthy options for using leftover turkey?

Leftover turkey can be a great addition to many healthy meals. You can use it in a turkey and vegetable stir fry, add it to a quinoa or rice bowl, or use it to top a fresh salad. You can also make a turkey and vegetable soup or wrap the turkey in lettuce leaves for a low-carb option.

4. Can I use leftover turkey in place of chicken in recipes?

Yes, you can substitute leftover turkey for chicken in many recipes. Just keep in mind that turkey has a stronger flavor, so it may alter the taste of the dish slightly. You can also use leftover turkey to make a homemade turkey stock to use in soups or sauces.

5. How long can leftover turkey be kept in the refrigerator?

Leftover turkey should be consumed within 3-4 days of being cooked. If you are not able to finish all of the leftovers within that time frame, it is best to freeze them for later use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
Replies